The Efestivals social distancing / self isolating support thread

Crazyfool01

Just now, funkychick2007 said:

Supermarkets sound pretty impressive! Im having to go to the shops for work was impressed yesterday managed to get most things you need for babies and young children! Top tip! Baby nurofen And calpul is in both the baby aisle and the adult medicine isle so check both! 

added to that check the ends and side frames for things as you walk about ... you might find things like liquid soap :) 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

added to that check the ends and side frames for things as you walk about ... you might find things like liquid soap :) 

Important bit of inside information. To think that a few short weeks ago we were on here trying to find someone with inside info about the poster drop, now it’s where to find the soap! 

On 3/22/2020 at 12:43 PM, ModernMan said:

Stay strong everyone. It really is a tough time, I’m finding staying away from news as much as possible is the best things at the moment. 

I’m finally reading the Glastonbury 50 book and it’s fantastic, it’s giving me a lot of emotional response. Some of it is just absolute sadness about this year, what a wonderful place it is. Anyway, as I was reading, I wondered if next year could be rebranded as ‘50 years’ since the first pyramid stage. It would be a massive shame to miss out on a celebration of the festivals longevity

ModernMan that's a great idea!

I'm going to finish my Glasto book now.

I'm currently working from home, but today had a mini panic attack as I have a tight chest, the type you have after a cold. Told my wife so I'm now sleeping in the spare room as a precaution.

Feeling very anxious about the whole situation really. I guess reading lots of stats doesn't help, so I've now decided to limit my intake of information.

Love to all. Roll on Glasto 2021

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Important bit of inside information. To think that a few short weeks ago we were on here trying to find someone with inside info about the poster drop, now it’s where to find the soap! 

Unfortunately I can’t give live info ... but yes I’m glad I’m of use ... I do see things getting better and eventually the ranges will start improving again ... although how many types of soup do we really need I’d be happy with that steak and potato big soup they do :) 

57 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm actually in west London, but yeah I have the same problem. For that reason I tend to use the permanent centre off Oxford Street, which is great when I'm working near there but not so much now. Will just see how things are by then I guess. But in your situation I'd say wise to reschedule.

Ah my mistake, must be confusing you with someone else. I used to go to the Oxford St centre when I worked up in town but moved to Canary Wharf last year and it’s impossible to get an appointment anywhere nearby to donate.

On 3/23/2020 at 6:47 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

PS. Why did you change your name? Didn't realise it was the same poster.

I am a teacher now, well not right now due to you know & I thought my name was too searchable. In fact I searched my name to check & some of my posts randomly came up in Google images.

23 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

I did not know they were together!

Ellis James on Quickly Kevin podcast is also superb. Swansea episode season 1.

Most of the time I don’t know what they are talking about but I enjoy the podcast all the same, big fan of Widdecombe.

The Magic Sponge podcast has a couple of good episodes, I like Beckett but indifferent to Bullard. The Invincible Graham Stack pod is brilliant recounting the fight in Belgium, driving the Arsenal bus, going blue & stealing coats on a digger.

Good morning from China, where things are finally easing [in my province anyway].  Still no idea about a return to work, but my favourite bar opened today and it was nice to sit out in the sun and enjoy a drink.

I know it isreally difficult under lockdown wherever you are, possibly more so than it has been here, because here the lockdown -although unexpected- was totally feasible and a very Chinese solution to the problem. Living in a one-party totalitarian state.... well... you know...

It is very strange watching the pandemic from a distance after being in the heart of it for so long, and I know it must be really tough. As I said before, I’m an infrequent poster but avid reader of these forums, they have really helped loads.  Here are some other strategies I found useful for coping with lockdown:

Underpants housework/furniture re-arranging to loud music: KLF’s White Room is a good upbeat choice for hoovering and mopping, Dub is great for tidying and dusting [windows and curtains open help to entertain neighbours and boost community morale]

Sort all the crap you have and see what you can make out of it, the more useless the better.  I’ve made the world’s wonkiest cat house from unwanted books and a device for smoking 24 cigarettes at one time from an old felt-tip pen box.

Think up anagrams of your own name, start a Twitter account and see how long you can annoy friends and family before they realise it is you.  They are stupider than you think!

Learn how to make dumpling dough/pasta and use all the leftover bits from your cupboards to make bizarre fillings. Ham, chive and mustard was a winner.

Get a good VPN and download everything you’ve ever wanted [320gb and counting here]

Chat as much as you need to, support everyone, but also enjoy a bit of selfish ‘me time’; opportunities for self-indulgent laziness should be made use of.

Take care and stay cool

Best

M

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, DaveyGee said:

Feeling very anxious about the whole situation really. I guess reading lots of stats doesn't help, so I've now decided to limit my intake of information.

Love to all. Roll on Glasto 2021

Absolutely works for me, limited news, and none beyond 6pm each evening. Makes for a more relaxed evening, plenty of music being played, I’m quite content. 

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Absolutely works for me, limited news, and none beyond 6pm each evening. Makes for a more relaxed evening, plenty of music being played, I’m quite content. 

Avalon, many thanks for your kind and sensible words! Had a bit of a panic attack yesterday, but glad to say feeling better this morning.

I have started winding down listening to my playlists on Spotify at night. Certainly relaxed me more.

Take care. Cheers

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Exactly what we are doing. 24 hours news programmes are ok to dip in and out of but it’s not for continuous viewing .  I’ve started the box set of every series of Auf Wiedersehen Pet, watching loads of music docs on sky arts from Fairport Convention to the history of heavy metal! 

• Upvote 1

After regulating news viewing, and finding it helpful, I'm now having to regulate panicking!

Of course it doesn't help when someone cancels a booking with us and demands a refund just before I went to bed last night.  FYI Booking.com are an horrendous company and I hope they suffer in all this as much as us small hotels are.

Brilliantly, it seems alcohol has become genuinely useful to alleviate stress and anxiety. Beer in the morning is not just for Glastonbury!

Chin up everyone, we'll get there!

*2 mins later*  AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH

😄

Glad to hear everyone is being mindful of the news they consume at the moment. 

Working in mental health services at the moment I'm advising people to think about limiting their access to news and to be mindful of their social media use. If you're experiencing a lot of anxiety, limiting your exposure to the news to a set time in the day (say the 6pm BBC News) is probably a helpful strategy. It may also be useful to think about who you're following on social media and the content they are posting. Is it accurate and from a reputable source? (Government / NHS), or is it is potentially triggering for you? (e.g. exercising from home videos/blogs if you experience difficulties related to eating or your shape and weight)

Similarly it's completely understandable that people are more concerned about hygiene at the moment, but it's important to stick to the guidance and to remember that washing your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water is enough :) 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, zero000 said:

Glad to hear everyone is being mindful of the news they consume at the moment. 

Working in mental health services at the moment I'm advising people to think about limiting their access to news and to be mindful of their social media use. If you're experiencing a lot of anxiety, limiting your exposure to the news to a set time in the day (say the 6pm BBC News) is probably a helpful strategy. It may also be useful to think about who you're following on social media and the content they are posting. Is it accurate and from a reputable source? (Government / NHS), or is it is potentially triggering for you? (e.g. exercising from home videos/blogs if you experience difficulties related to eating or your shape and weight)

Similarly it's completely understandable that people are more concerned about hygiene at the moment, but it's important to stick to the guidance and to remember that washing your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water is enough :) 

Sensible words, and something I need to be a bit better at.

Not sure anyone on here will be interested but I have finally got my arse in gear and brushed the dust off my decks. I am in the process of buying all the cables and attenuators required to stream some sets live. The plan is to try and go live on Friday night. It will be me, 2 technics 1210's and a shit load of vinyl.

It will probably be on Periscope as I do not have a facebook account. I will post the link on here if anyone wants to tune in.

Can I vent in here?

Last year I went to a festival on my own. On the first day I met a girl and we got along like a house fire, the chemistry was incredible. She was funny, beautiful, and loved to party. We watched the sunset from a hilltop together and then spent the night partying. Spent the rest of the festival together too. It was really sweet and fun, one of the best festivals I've been to.

Later in the year I travelled to see her (she's in another country) and it was really nice. We'd also planned to go to the festival again this year and I was really looking forward to it, especially because it meant seeing her again.

Just found out that she's no longer with us. Devastated.

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Can I vent in here?

Last year I went to a festival on my own. On the first day I met a girl and we got along like a house fire, the chemistry was incredible. She was funny, beautiful, and loved to party. We watched the sunset from a hilltop together and then spent the night partying. Spent the rest of the festival together too. It was really sweet and fun, one of the best festivals I've been to.

Later in the year I travelled to see her (she's in another country) and it was really nice. We'd also planned to go to the festival again this year and I was really looking forward to it, especially because it meant seeing her again.

Just found out that she's no longer with us. Devastated.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending good wishes your way.

• Like 1