The Efestivals social distancing / self isolating support thread

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’ve got an appointment to give blood on Saturday. Not sure whether to go or not.

im sure the need for blood will  still  be massive ... try and contact them and ask advice ... hopefully they will be ensuring social distancing 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

im sure the need for blood will  still  be massive ... try and contact them and ask advice ... hopefully they will be ensuring social distancing 

I’m a regular donor and if it wasn’t for the imminent arrival of my second child I’d do it. But I simply cannot take the risk on being ill when Mrs J goes into labour.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m a regular donor and if it wasn’t for the imminent arrival of my second child I’d do it. But I simply cannot take the risk on being ill when Mrs J goes into labour.

crumbs no ... id forgotten about that ... due resale time wasn't he/ she ?  a bit of good news to look forward to 

7 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

This thread is much more positive than other ones! 
Im no longer looking at them! 
keep up the positivity people and stay safe staying inside! 

set up for that very reason ... I will keep trying to keep it on track as much as possible . 

1 minute ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

@crazyfool1  were you walking towards Taunton from the Stoke St Mary direction (bridge over M5) at about half three dressed in a mainly black trackie today? 

And maybe should have been running? :D

I was :) u should have shouted at me from a distance :) ... im starting with a fast walk with running in places ... I haven't run for many years :) 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’ve got an appointment to give blood on Saturday. Not sure whether to go or not.

I have one in May (still a way off, I know) and was wondering about this. On their website today it says they consider it a "medical need" and "helping vulnerable people" so it's covered by two of the valid reasons to go out. Trouble is I have to get public transport to the centre as it's near my work! 

Edit to add: with a baby on the way I wouldn't risk it probably.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I was :) u should have shouted at me from a distance :) ... im starting with a fast walk with running in places ... I haven't run for many years :) 

I would have stopped for a chat but by the time my brain finally caught up with my eyes I was about 1/4 mile past you.

I actually nodded at you and you nodded back.I was on a bike wearing hi viz orange. Will keep a look out next time, I cycle that route regularly.

Just now, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I would have stopped for a chat but by the time my brain finally caught up with my eyes I was about 1/4 mile past you.

I actually nodded at you and you nodded back.I was on a bike wearing hi viz orange. Will keep a look out next time, I cycle that route regularly.

ah yes I remember seeing you ... day 2 of my walking adventure :) might need to investigate my route a bit better ... was engrossed in trying to make a loop without doubling back on myself .. 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I have one in May (still a way off, I know) and was wondering about this. On their website today it says they consider it a "medical need" and "helping vulnerable people" so it's covered by two of the valid reasons to go out. Trouble is I have to get public transport to the centre as it's near my work! 

Edit to add: with a baby on the way I wouldn't risk it probably.

If I’m not mistaken ZMG we don’t live a million miles apart so you probably know how difficult it is to get an appointment anywhere in SE London at a convenient time.

Going to reschedule but god knows when I’ll be able to get another appointment.

53 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If I’m not mistaken ZMG we don’t live a million miles apart so you probably know how difficult it is to get an appointment anywhere in SE London at a convenient time.

Going to reschedule but god knows when I’ll be able to get another appointment.

I'm actually in west London, but yeah I have the same problem. For that reason I tend to use the permanent centre off Oxford Street, which is great when I'm working near there but not so much now. Will just see how things are by then I guess. But in your situation I'd say wise to reschedule.

Due to steadfastly not succumbing to this recent fucking panic buying arseholery we ended up desperately needed some baby supplies this evening. 

Did not want to go out, but had no choice really. 

And it felt really weird going out. 

Got all we needed without getting extra. 

Only way I can describe the supermarket (7 people inc. me in there, everyone staying WELL apart, 2 tills open in readiness for 7 shoppers, lad stood outside telling people to socially distance) is it was stocked with everything you need, but maybe not the variety of choice you’d normally expect. 

Was q.impressed tbh. 

Without being too fussy, Heinz Big Soup , steak and potato flavour. Who the fuck could eat that shit on a regular basis?!  No wonder it was all Tesco had left, even the crazed stockpilers we’re ignoring it!   Mrs C has felt sorry for me and made a big pot of home made lentil soup. Love  her to bits! 💗. Keep safe everyone. 

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Due to steadfastly not succumbing to this recent fucking panic buying arseholery we ended up desperately needed some baby supplies this evening. 

Did not want to go out, but had no choice really. 

And it felt really weird going out. 

Got all we needed without getting extra. 

Only way I can describe the supermarket (7 people inc. me in there, everyone staying WELL apart, 2 tills open in readiness for 7 shoppers, lad stood outside telling people to socially distance) is it was stocked with everything you need, but maybe not the variety of choice you’d normally expect. 

Was q.impressed tbh. 

seems to have massively improved now the news has stopped focusing on panic buying ... either for that reason or the fact people have stocked up now ... just panicked everyone into pharmacy stuff now as that seems to be the focus ... im told a  few things still hard to come by but bide your time they will be back