The Efestivals social distancing / self isolating support thread

Crazyfool01

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ooh, what race(s) you painting?

Have actually debated getting back into it, purely for the painting side of it as a quiet hobby. Then I saw how much the sets cost these days!

Some Tau dudes. I bought them about 2 years ago but didn't really get around to it. Luckily the paint was OK still.

I was testing to see if my attention would hold and it has, so I went mad at the weekend and ordered the Age of Sigmar starter set with the paints included. Ultimately I want to start collecting the Middle Earth stuff again but the paints are so fucking expensive. The set I've ordered is a starter job with 13 paints, so I thought I'd give that a bash then I've got most of the stuff to paint some Rohirrim dudes down the line.

28 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I'd say so, what store? 

My flatmate. He bought a PS4 Pro so is selling his old one.

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

250gb seems small though, I’m not even sure they made them that small. Sure it’s not 500?

Yeah he said 250GB but I can't seem to find those online either. I'm not sure how much I trust this guy really, but also I don't want to be waiting weeks to get one

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Some Tau dudes. I bought them about 2 years ago but didn't really get around to it. Luckily the paint was OK still.

I was testing to see if my attention would hold and it has, so I went mad at the weekend and ordered the Age of Sigmar starter set with the paints included. Ultimately I want to start collecting the Middle Earth stuff again but the paints are so fucking expensive. The set I've ordered is a starter job with 13 paints, so I thought I'd give that a bash then I've got most of the stuff to paint some Rohirrim dudes down the line.

Nice.  I didn't make it past thinking the model sets were bad so God only knows how much the paints cost now then!

I haven't done it since I was a nipper.  You can gauge how long it's been by the fact I had a Squat army, and they've been completely written out of canon now as far as I know! All I know is that my brother's space marines routinely handed my my short arse on a plate :lol:

1 hour ago, Quark said:

So let's get this straight. We're all confined to our houses, and you're actively digging out the things that have caused more family arguments than literally ANYTHING in history, even What Your Cousin Linda Said To Your Nan About Me At Your Sister's Wedding?

You absolute monster

Its perfectly fine I will just add alcohol, that will keep it calm

9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah he said 250GB but I can't seem to find those online either. I'm not sure how much I trust this guy really, but also I don't want to be waiting weeks to get one

If it’s already in your flat then you should be able to have a look at it before you pay.

2 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Its perfectly fine I will just add alcohol, that will keep it calm

"What was the cause of death doc?"

"Well chief we're still piecing the story together., but there was a pile of empty wine bottles in the room and the victim had an entire set of Monopoly pieces stuck down his throat. Do the maths."

"Jeez, when will people learn?"

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Probably one of the originals that came out when they were released, might be worth scouting round eBay to see if you can find a matching one.

I have a PS4 and whilst I enjoy it gaming has just gone in a direction I can't get on with for the most part. Bought a PS2 from cex recently and I play that more at this point.

This is a me thing by the way not a complaint about the current crop of games, I'm probably more nostalgic for Tony hawk's and metal gear solid than an actual fan of gaming. I basically stopped playing when I gained the ability to go to the pub. That said Spiderman and the last of us are both belters and some of the crash remasters are enjoyable.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If it’s already in your flat then you should be able to have a look at it before you pay.

Ah, it's at his girlfriend's house currently.

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Probably one of the originals that came out when they were released, might be worth scouting round eBay to see if you can find a matching one.

I have a PS4 and whilst I enjoy it gaming has just gone in a direction I can't get on with for the most part. Bought a PS2 from cex recently and I play that more at this point.

This is a me thing by the way not a complaint about the current crop of games, I'm probably more nostalgic for Tony hawk's and metal gear solid than an actual fan of gaming. I basically stopped playing when I gained the ability to go to the pub. That said Spiderman and the last of us are both belters and some of the crash remasters are enjoyable.

Problem with ordering stuff online is its pretty difficult to get stuff delivered to my apartment. Used to get stuff delivered to work but now that's closed. Really shitty situation to be in tbh

Edited by Gilgamesh69

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Ah, it's at his girlfriend's house currently.

Problem with ordering stuff online is its pretty difficult to get stuff delivery to my apartment. Used to get stuff delivered to work but now that's closed. Really shitty situation to be in tbh

Ask him to bring it round so you can have a look before you buy.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

@Gilgamesh69 If you’ve never played them get hold of the Batman Arkham games...Start with Asylum and work you’re way through.

Played Asylum and City; the latter is incredible!

Is that PlayStation Now thing worth getting? Seen a fair few decent games on there like the God of War, MGS and DMC series. Also Shadow of the Colossus!!!

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Another question...

Disney+ - Worth it?

Looks like the best thing on there is The Simpsons. Maybe worth getting for a month or two so you can watch all the good seasons, but otherwise seems underwhelming unless you're a bit Disney/Marvel fan

Edited by Gilgamesh69

56 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ooh now, I might come pick your brains about that.  Last year I ordered one of these from a company called Pi Retro Gaming (don't touch them with a barge pole btw). Never arrived and I got my money back from the credit card company, but it's definitely given me the bug for getting one. 

Might look into it and come back to you for tips if that's cool?

100%!

It was a few years ago so the hardware has probably changed a bit but I'm sure I could still be of help. As I said, I just followed a YouTube tutorial but since I did that I've actually done a Masters in software development so should be able to help :)

Once I get this upcoming busy week of work out of the way I am actually planning to revisit it and play around with it some more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Played Asylum and City; the latter is incredible!

Is that PlayStation Now thing worth getting? Seen a fair few decent games on there like the God of War, MGS and DMC series. Also Shadow of the Colossus!!!

If you can get a decent offer like a couple of months free or something then it’s worth a go.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Another question...

Disney+ - Worth it?

Not for me.

Already own all the Star Wars and most of the MCU. Only thing that interested me was the Mandalorian, if D+ had come out at the same time over here as it did in the US I probably would have got a subscription but as it’s taken months for it to come out over here I sourced the show elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Isn’t today the last chance to get it for £50 for the whole year? Definitely at that price, don’t think I would’ve bothered with it otherwise. 

I’ve taken the plunge. 50 notes for the Marvel films in 4K and every Simpsons episode is worth it.

Plus I suppose the kids will like the cartoons too...

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’ve taken the plunge. 50 notes for the Marvel films in 4K and every Simpsons episode is worth it.

Didn't realise it came out tomorrow.

Decided to go for the full year as well, had intended on watching all the Marvel films in chronological order but couldn't get a good source for most of them. This will give me a year to get through them!

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Also due to cinema closures there are rumours of upcoming releases like Black Widow going straight on there, Onwards should be on there next week despite only being out a month ago. 

17 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Didn't realise it came out tomorrow.

Decided to go for the full year as well, had intended on watching all the Marvel films in chronological order but couldn't get a good source for most of them. This will give me a year to get through them!

Got very lucky.  Got a £17 bonus for signing up for Quidco and a £20 cash back for getting Disney + through it!

Ok.... it'll no doubt take 3 months to get it back but hey, decent deal for £13