The Efestivals social distancing / self isolating support thread

Crazyfool01

30 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

any way of changing it slightly if its part of a routine with mates ? do the same thing but via video link ? try to not completely neglect it because you will be thinking of it at that time ... maybe some kind of video game competition ? or online cards ? Im struggling with a dating / lack of dating concept at the moment and was really starting to get on well with a girl im working with ... will have to see what fate holds on that one ... 

Trying the video chat thing in a bit with some friends and again with my family so hopefully that turns out alright. 

I'm probably just channelling the enormity of the situation into this one thing to be fair. It's a good job I get on so well with my flat mate and his missus. 

Ah that's a shame man. Guess there'll be a lot of that, it's happening to everyone though so hopefully it's more just a pause in that.

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Ah that's a shame man. Guess there'll be a lot of that, it's happening to everyone though so hopefully it's more just a pause in tha

im just thinking of the fact I might be miss  reading things as has often  been the case ... so will just wait and see how things pan out and she has offered to help with shopping which might be helpful .... maybe the romeo / juliet scenario in reverse ... I can sing down to her from my balcony ... ( ok perhaps not :) ) not like theres gonna be a huge amount of love rivals at the mo 

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Did you make this?

Good innit.

It seems like CalGon could've made it.

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Just gave my mum a call. Bottom lip didn't quiver at all, honest.

Kali, if you - or anyone else - needs cheering up a little or are feeling a bit delicate / emosh, pop over to the Wibble / General Discussion Forums and have a read of Russy giving Couchy breakup advice back from 2014.

Absolute fucking GOLD.

After he 's dispensed the usual type advice he suggests using hate as a coping mechanism coupled with picturing each other taking a shit.

I miss Russy.

• Upvote 4

Just now, kalifire said:

Russy was great but leaving on 19,999 posts deserves some kind of respect.

Absolutely. I think @Gnomicidecaught him having a lurk though recently(ish).

I'm still reading Russy's posts in that other thread. My missus thinks I've lost the plot as I intermittently giggle like an utter loon.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Oooh I forgot about my Glastonbury 50th book! i also have two older ones that I haven't got round to reading yet either!

@Ozanne - yeh, I live on my own too. I'm not too worried about my physical health, but I am a bit worried about mental health. Took me a really long time to get out of bed this morning, as everything seems a bit pointless. Particularly as Glasgow is gloriously sunny for the first time in god knows how long.... However, finally managed to drag my sorry ass out for a 7k run and now I feel a wee bit better. I just think we all need to keep talking to each other when things get really tough.

Gets easier. I've been on lockdown since Monday. I live in a shared staff house so I've been confined to my room with people bringing stuff to my door and leaving before I pick it up.

First couple of days were very hard. Just couldn't be bothered doing anything (Normally I love doing all the stuff now available to us) but couldn't concentrate on anything or generally be arsed. Lost my mind a little on Wednesday for a couple of hours. But I'm fine now. Adjusted to it. Still not tackling that reading pile or working my way through the box sets I always meant to watch but I've just kind of slowed down and am in a new groove. 

39 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I miss Russy.

In challenging times, it's amazing what we miss. I too miss Russy.

But on a positive note, I'm enjoying self-isolation, a good walk every day which puts me in a great mood, NO news beyond 6pm, just soothing music in the evening. I've listened to plenty of music I haven't heard in ages.

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Good innit.

It seems like CalGon could've made it.

Kali, if you - or anyone else - needs cheering up a little or are feeling a bit delicate / emosh, pop over to the Wibble / General Discussion Forums and have a read of Russy giving Couchy breakup advice back from 2014.

Absolute fucking GOLD.

After he 's dispensed the usual type advice he suggests using hate as a coping mechanism coupled with picturing each other taking a shit.

I miss Russy.

Do you have a link to this? Feel I need it my life. Miss that angry orangutan.

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

In challenging times, it's amazing what we miss. I too miss Russy.

But on a positive note, I'm enjoying self-isolation, a good walk every day which puts me in a great mood, NO news beyond 6pm, just soothing music in the evening. I've listened to plenty of music I haven't heard in ages.

Just been for a walk myself appreciating the small things ... blossom on the trees , sunshine and a kestrel getting attacked by a couple of crows 

C33029B8-88BA-4274-BA67-93D7AF6999A5.jpeg

8D4BCEEF-6F88-46B8-8958-59A3F40188C8.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

Gets easier. I've been on lockdown since Monday. I live in a shared staff house so I've been confined to my room with people bringing stuff to my door and leaving before I pick it up.

First couple of days were very hard. Just couldn't be bothered doing anything (Normally I love doing all the stuff now available to us) but couldn't concentrate on anything or generally be arsed. Lost my mind a little on Wednesday for a couple of hours. But I'm fine now. Adjusted to it. Still not tackling that reading pile or working my way through the box sets I always meant to watch but I've just kind of slowed down and am in a new groove. 

Yeh, I bet self isolation in one room is hard, but it is quite amazing what people can become adjusted to. Are you doing it for 14 days? Is it because you're sick or were you just near someone who was sick? I'm not really a big tv/movie watcher as a general rule but I guess I'll find myself getting into such things after a few weeks

Mrs GH and I are self-isolating, not that we have any symptoms, but just to try and stay clear of the lurgi.  But to avoid going stir crazy we are having a trip out in the car every two days.  This morning went and walked round Bute Park in Cardiff (a stunningly beautiful legacy of the coal owners), keeping a good distance from anyone else.  Then down to Penarth and parked on the sea front and had a picnic in the car.  In the car parked next to us a family was drinking bubbly and cutting a cake.  It seems it was the 21st birthday of one of the occupants - and a birthday they won't forget!

I reckon that after 14 days of such self-isolation I should be able to consider myself clear. at which point I might allow myself limited, but still safe distance, social contact with others.  For example I have a mate I play boules with.  Once we are both sure we're OK after 14 days I reckon we can play each other - keeping our safe distance, each using our own coche and not touching each other's boules.