Got bored. Created a quiz

March Hare

Hey all, I’ve created a short quiz (18) questions on Kahoot!. It’s free to play and works with social distancing as all players need is a smartphone.

I’ve gone for a bit of Glasto history and then focussed on the last couple of festivals.

Thought it might be a nice thing to do for my mates and the forum.  This is also the first thread I’ve created on here. Eek!

If it’s rubbish, then whatever, noting ventured etc.  But if it goes down well I’ll create a mammoth 100 question version by next weekend.

If you have a good trivia question PM me (for obvious reasons) and I’ll add it.

https://create.kahoot.it/share/glastonbury-festival/b48e154a-198f-4f05-930b-310270da415c

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, March Hare said:

Hey all, I’ve created a short quiz (18) questions on Kahoot!. It’s free to play and works with social distancing as all players need is a smartphone.

I’ve gone for a bit of Glasto history and then focussed on the last couple of festivals.

Thought it might be a nice thing to do for my mates and the forum.  This is also the first thread I’ve created on here. Eek!

If it’s rubbish, then whatever, noting ventured etc.  But if it goes down well I’ll create a mammoth 100 question version by next weekend.

If you have a good trivia question PM me (for obvious reasons) and I’ll add it.

https://create.kahoot.it/share/glastonbury-festival/b48e154a-198f-4f05-930b-310270da415c

So do you need at least 2 players for this? I tried to have a look but it seems to be requiring extra players.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

How did they contact you? Were they bolshy?

No, just a really friendly notification to say it had be flagged and I guessed the reason.  All the photos are my own so no copyright issues.

My reasons for creating it are genuine, no commercial aspect at all. But rules are rules 😂

Edited by March Hare

58 minutes ago, March Hare said:

No, just a really friendly notification to say it had be flagged and I guessed the reason.  All the photos are my own so no copyright issues.

My reasons for creating it are genuine, no commercial aspect at all. But rules are rules 😂

Thanks for the reply March Hare. Just wondering if you had involvement in making games professionally? There's top money to be earned in that area, if you get it right. I used to know a lady whose husband was heavily in to the programming side of games, way back in the day, when they first were a 'thing'. She admitted that she lived the life of Reilly on his more than substantial income. Their idea of a holiday was to drive through France staying in sw*nky hotels, and dining out at all theMichelinn starred restaurants along the way. 

34 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks for the reply March Hare. Just wondering if you had involvement in making games professionally? There's top money to be earned in that area, if you get it right. I used to know a lady whose husband was heavily in to the programming side of games, way back in the day, when they first were a 'thing'. She admitted that she lived the life of Reilly on his more than substantial income. Their idea of a holiday was to drive through France staying in sw*nky hotels, and dining out at all theMichelinn starred restaurants along the way. 

Clearly you haven’t seen my quiz yet?! 😂

Unfortunately my career is far from that.  That sounds amazing, always wanted a job I could do anywhere in the world.

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

That sounds amazing, always wanted a job I could do anywhere in the world.

I was once with two mates on a beach in Patong in Thailand. We got our sun loungers and I started to look around me and listen, and there was loads of blokes on the beach on their computers and phones, just doing trades and business, just as if they were in an office. They were all ex pats and were also discussing residency permits etc as well among each other. I thought to myself that that was getting the lifestyle / work balance right. 

Have you considered doing TEFL as a means to work and travel (when this virus thing calms down)? The pay's not that great, but if you go to the right country your money goes further anyway - especially when you get to know the place and the true price of things as opposed to the tourist prices. Just a thought.

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I was once with two mates on a beach in Patong in Thailand. We got our sun loungers and I started to look around me and listen, and there was loads of blokes on the beach on their computers and phones, just doing trades and business, just as if they were in an office. They were all ex pats and were also discussing residency permits etc as well among each other. I thought to myself that that was getting the lifestyle / work balance right. 

Have you considered doing TEFL as a means to work and travel (when this virus thing calms down)? The pay's not that great, but if you go to the right country your money goes further anyway - especially when you get to know the place and the true price of things as opposed to the tourist prices. Just a thought.

I reckon it’s time you had an avatar yog :) 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I reckon it’s time you had an avatar yog :) 

Hello crazyfool1,

I did once have an avatar on here. It was off a bloke in a blow up rubber gimp suit. I'm not sure why I removed it now, but probably got bored of looking at it. Maybe you're right and that I should have an avatar. I'll give it some thought. :)

On 3/23/2020 at 2:24 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I did in my younger days and though the TEFL approach in the Far East would have been right up my street but life got in the way. Got too many commitments now and a settled life. But the dream is there. Just on pause for the moment. Quiz is close to 30 questions now. I’ll do a few each night.  I’m actually enjoying doing it. It’s a welcome distraction.

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

I did in my younger days and though the TEFL approach in the Far East would have been right up my street but life got in the way. Got too many commitments now and a settled life. But the dream is there. Just on pause for the moment. Quiz is close to 30 questions now. I’ll do a few each night.  I’m actually enjoying doing it. It’s a welcome distraction.

Yeah, if I had my time again I think that I'd have travelled a lot more in my youth. 

Good luck with the quiz.