OK, so not Glastonbury related, but...............

Yoghurt on a Stick

19 minutes ago, Smeble said:

What about the supermarket workers, warehouse staff, truck drivers, delivery drivers, farmers,  Police, firefighters, who will still be doing their jobs as per normal to keep the country moving?

I understand what you are saying. I think that if you applaud on 26th March at 8pm, then you'll be applauding them too. 

5 hours ago, Smeble said:

What about the supermarket workers, warehouse staff, truck drivers, delivery drivers, farmers,  Police, firefighters, who will still be doing their jobs as per normal to keep the country moving?

It's not an either or, just because we're celebrating one group doesn't mean we don't appreciate everyone else.

Maybe an opportunity for you to start an applause event for those people?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I understand what you are saying. I think that if you applaud on 26th March at 8pm, then you'll be applauding them too. 

Correct, it’s a communal effort, all sectors that serve the public deserve our thanks.  Mrs c is currently dealing with dementia cases, that provides some unique challenges!  Keep safe everyone. 

On 3/22/2020 at 3:29 AM, Smeble said:

I'm a "key" worker, though personally I think that definition is being stretched in my case, also we are currently self isolating due to one of the kids being unwell but I'll be back at the coal face in a couple of weeks. The massive difference between the majority of key workers and NHS staff is the level of risk, front line medics are in it, it's all around them, risk, death,  horror and heartbreak - anyone who does this deserves so much appreciation and respect.

Nobody signs up for this shit.

• Upvote 1

On 3/22/2020 at 3:29 AM, Smeble said:

Isn't this just a nice thing to do anyway? Are you implying that under normal conditions, NHS staff don't keep the country moving? 

I'll be clapping (potentially with Frank Turner in the background). I keep hoping to make balcony friends with the guys in the opposite tenements. Maybe some of them will turn up 🙂

Edited by Sasperella

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Isn't this just a nice thing to do anyway? Are you implying that under normal conditions, NHS staff don't keep the country moving? 

I'll be clapping (potentially with Frank Turner in the background). I keep hoping to make balcony friends with the guys in the opposite tenements. Maybe some of them will turn up 🙂

:) hadn’t thought of that I think binoculars might be out of order though 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

:) hadn’t thought of that I think binoculars might be out of order though 

I've seen a couple of them looking longingly out of the window a few times (not at me you understand, just at the world). Made eye contact with one last night. Will give a little wave next time. 

Maybe I should just make a banner and hang it out the window ("Hidely Hodely, Neighbourino"). Totally batshit in normal life, probably completely fine and maybe even encouraged during Covid... A couple more weeks of this and I might do it. 

10 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I've seen a couple of them looking longingly out of the window a few times (not at me you understand, just at the world). Made eye contact with one last night. Will give a little wave next time. 

Maybe I should just make a banner and hang it out the window ("Hidely Hodely, Neighbourino"). Totally batshit in normal life, probably completely fine and maybe even encouraged during Covid... A couple more weeks of this and I might do it. 

:) ... so you think it’s acceptable to get someOne I like from work to get my shopping when I’ve lots of Other offers then ? She can sing up at me on my balcony ... reverse Romeo and Juliet ..... she’s always singing at work :) just hope she’s not a secret efest reader 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

:) ... so you think it’s acceptable to get someOne I like from work to get my shopping when I’ve lots of Other offers then ? She can sing up at me on my balcony ... reverse Romeo and Juliet ..... she’s always singing at work :) just hope she’s not a secret efest reader 

If she's offered then yeh, sure...why not? 

I couldn't record because I was, well, clapping 😅 but it was lovely around here. I'm basically on the corner of three small streets and people came out on all of them. Started with just me and two other houses, but it was really quite emotional as more doors opened and the clapping got louder.

One guy was being like a town crier getting people out. He was outside long after the minute was over. 

I hope we do it again. I know it is nothing compared to what all the key workers are doing, but it really did feel nice to feel like we're all on the same side.

1 minute ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I couldn't record because I was, well, clapping 😅 but it was lovely around here. I'm basically on the corner of three small streets and people came out on all of them. Started with just me and two other houses, but it was really quite emotional as more doors opened and the clapping got louder.

One guy was being like a town crier getting people out. He was outside long after the minute was over. 

I hope we do it again. I know it is nothing compared to what all the key workers are doing, but it really did feel nice to feel like we're all on the same side.

i had my phone setup on a gorilla pod ( a mini tripod ) ready ...but we suffer from not so many people so only heard 3  .... its ok tomorrow there will be more ... my claps carry a decent distance :) town crier it is tomorrow