Bands you wish you'd seen / Played the Fest

FuzzyDunlop

2 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Missed The Stone Roses when they came back around in 2016/17. Ethiad must have been a special gig.

Saw the Roses at Heaton Park and it was incredible (despite the appallingly bad organisation). I was convinced we’d have them headlining G within a couple of years, and that it’d be even more magical.

Sadly not to be. Seems Ian Brown doing a few Roses tracks on his Other headliner slot is as close as we’ll ever get.

Proper disapointed I won't get to see Another Sky this year 😭. They're a cracking band with heaps of musical talent and poignant lyrics that I'm sure the Eavii would take notice of. I managed to catch up with them after a small gig they did shortly after this tiny desk; all super lovely and really keen to play Glasto, no confirmations of course. Hopefully they'll be down at Worthy Farm next year...

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Bloody hell, just now learning NIN headlined the Other.

Not sure how that passed me by but wow. Must have been the last heavy band of that size in a big slot until...QOTSA in 2011?

I didn't realise for years either. I might not have seen them, but I was definitely in that part of the site before I blacked out. Next thing I remember, I was apologising to my confused mates for being so fucked, when I'd apparently been acting normally drunk rather than totally wasted all night.