Bands you wish you'd seen / Played the Fest

FuzzyDunlop

The Ramones. I got really into them when I was about 13-17. I was a massive Green Day fan & so it was natural.

Whilst it isn't "the greatest ever cover" to me there is something magical about it & I prefer it to the already fantastic original. .. it's probably the strings.

And the KKK took my baby away is one of the best  2 min pop songs ever. I wont hear otherwise

• Upvote 1

I really wish I'd seen AC/DC with Bon singing, also would have loved to see Sex Pistols even though many people will tell you they were shite live.

Apart from then 2 I think I've been really lucky and seen just about everyone I really wanted to.

Bowie for sure, at the festival, or anywhere quite frankly. Nearly got to see him at T in the Park but he had to cancel. Of all the realistic acts I’ve never seen he is easily up there. 

The fantasy one would be Hendrix. 

I’m not complaining, I’ve spent my entire adult life seeing live music, despite that there’s always going to be some that got away.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I really wish I'd seen AC/DC with Bon singing, also would have loved to see Sex Pistols even though many people will tell you they were shite live.

Apart from then 2 I think I've been really lucky and seen just about everyone I really wanted to.

Saw the Sex Pistols 77/78 with Sid on bass , and yes they were shite

My biggest regret is not seeing Bowie when I had the chance in 82/83 at the MK bowl 😭

Bowie is another for me too. Ssme as most people.

Led Zep is another one.

Re the Sex Pistols:

My parents went on holiday together for the first time & went to a sex pistols gig.  They didnt go for that. They went off to Scarborough & there was a sign on the front that said "world famous band playing tonight". The Sex Pistols were banned at the time.

My dad said "it's either the sex pistols or someone shit", so they got a ticket. It was them.

There's not many I could have seen but didn't, but Bowie is an obvious one, although back when he was touring I was not particularly a fan of his. I would have loved to have seen Queen, Led Zep, Hendrix, Tom Waits, Talk Talk, or The Clash but I was not really old enough (or in one case alive) when they were touring regularly. I applied for Zep's London show in '07 but didn't get a ticket.

I do however really regret not seeing George Michael. I always hoped that he would do the festival one day.

I thought about trying for Kate Bush tickets when she did her Hammersmith run, but was not particularly a fan, just curious.  In the end I thought that if I got a ticket instead of a lief-long fan, it would suck.