Jump to content
The Red Telephone

Life is shit, but one of the best ever episodes of The Simpsons in on Channel 4 now!

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Bottom 10?

1. Lisa Goes Gaga

2. Moe Goes From Rags to Riches

3. Alone Again, Natura-Diddily

4. Homer vs. Dignity

5. The Boys of Bummer

6. Bonfire of the Manatees

7. Gump Roast

8. Kill the Alligator and Run

9. The Musk Who Fell to Earth

10. Double, Double, Boy in Trouble

Homer v Dignity?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is this, amateur hour? Let's really escalate things:

Top five Springfield town meetings

5. $pringfield (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalised Gambling). 'The chair recognises the little chick with the gleam of hope in her eyes.'
4. Bart's Comet. 'Quit stalling, what's the plan!?'
3. The PTA Disbands. 'Oh the taxes, the finger thing means taxes!'
2. Bart After Dark. 'That could be any mayor.'
1. Marge vs the Monorail. 'Heh. Mule.'

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missus parents have got Disney+, result. Once I've finished my Seinfeld rerun Simpsons binge it is!

Speaking of, Disney have really had an absolute result with the timing of this release, almost too good... 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

What is this, amateur hour? Let's really escalate things:

Top five Springfield town meetings

5. $pringfield (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalised Gambling). 'The chair recognises the little chick with the gleam of hope in her eyes.'
4. Bart's Comet. 'Quit stalling, what's the plan!?'
3. The PTA Disbands. 'Oh the taxes, the finger thing means taxes!'
2. Bart After Dark. 'That could be any mayor.'
1. Marge vs the Monorail. 'Heh. Mule.'

Special mention for the Movie...

Quimby: I declare this situation Code Black

Lenny: Black?!? That’s the worse colour there is... uh, sorry Karl.

Karl: Ah I get it all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Bottom 10?

1. Lisa Goes Gaga

2. Moe Goes From Rags to Riches

3. Alone Again, Natura-Diddily

4. Homer vs. Dignity

5. The Boys of Bummer

6. Bonfire of the Manatees

7. Gump Roast

8. Kill the Alligator and Run

9. The Musk Who Fell to Earth

10. Double, Double, Boy in Trouble

Every Man's Dream is a steaming pile of shite. Saddlesore Galactica too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Every Man's Dream is a steaming pile of shite. Saddlesore Galactica too. 

Saddlesore is a definite top ten worst...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Saddlesore is a definite top ten worst...

Watched it yesterday to see if it was as bad as I remember. It was so much worse than I remembered... makes you think how they thought it was a good idea...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Missus parents have got Disney+, result. Once I've finished my Seinfeld rerun Simpsons binge it is!

Speaking of, Disney have really had an absolute result with the timing of this release, almost too good... 🤔

Decided Disney+ is bad because a) Disney are monopolising and homogenising all culture, but mainly because b) they've badly cropped all their Simpsons episodes and c) they said they'd have Malcolm in the Middle and they don't

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

What is this, amateur hour? Let's really escalate things:

Top five Springfield town meetings

5. $pringfield (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalised Gambling). 'The chair recognises the little chick with the gleam of hope in her eyes.'
4. Bart's Comet. 'Quit stalling, what's the plan!?'
3. The PTA Disbands. 'Oh the taxes, the finger thing means taxes!'
2. Bart After Dark. 'That could be any mayor.'
1. Marge vs the Monorail. 'Heh. Mule.'

In my top 5 Simpsons moments. It's possibly my favourite. 

It comes from nowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I turn my back for 5 minutes and my dream thread happens. Sorry everyone, been avoiding all news and social media for a week to protect my peace. I'll have a proper read through soon. For now, let me leave you with some images of the work in progress on my Simpsons leg sleeve. Yes, I like the Simpsons. Hope everyone is well! Diddly. 

Screenshot_20200327-171335.png

Screenshot_20200327-171024~2.png

Screenshot_20200327-170708~2.png

Screenshot_20200327-171335.png

Screenshot_20200327-171110~2.png

Screenshot_20200327-171042~2.png

Screenshot_20200327-170749~2.png

Screenshot_20200327-170719~2.png

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I turn my back for 5 minutes and my dream thread happens. Sorry everyone, been avoiding all news and social media for a week to protect my peace. I'll have a proper read through soon. For now, let me leave you with some images of the work in progress on my Simpsons leg sleeve. Yes, I like the Simpsons. Hope everyone is well! Diddly. 

Screenshot_20200327-171335.png

Screenshot_20200327-171024~2.png

Screenshot_20200327-170708~2.png

Screenshot_20200327-171335.png

Screenshot_20200327-171110~2.png

Screenshot_20200327-171042~2.png

Screenshot_20200327-170749~2.png

Screenshot_20200327-170719~2.png

Excellent.  But no room for Die Bart, Die? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The best episode of season 1? 

Moaning Lisa.

Krusty Gets Busted. I'd accept that my judgement is coloured by what that episode sets up more than the quality of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

I raise you Bart The General. 

That'd be my number 2.

Moaning Lisa for me.

"Blues isn't about making yourself feel better, it's about making other people feel worse!"

The ending of the Video Boxing is a classic. One of my favourite Simpsons moments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The best episode of season 1? 

Moaning Lisa.

Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire. Always had a soft spot for The Telltale Head too, remember it being one my dad and I watched on video together loads when I was really young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to stump up for Disney, I don't watch much telly so Simpsons and the 90s Spiderman/X-Men series will see me through till the end of the year. Plus I've poached my brother's WWE Network login so am watching through the Attitude era from WM14 onwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...