Life is shit, but one of the best ever episodes of The Simpsons in on Channel 4 now!

The Red Telephone

Just realised we’ve gone six pages without reference to the finest three minutes of television in history...

“Good lord what is happening in there?!?”

”Aurora Borealis?”

“Aurora Borealis?!? At this time of day? At this time of year? In this part of the country? Localised entirely within your kitchen?!?”

”Yes.”

”Can I see it?”

”No.”

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just realised we’ve gone six pages without reference to the finest three minutes of television in history...

”Aurora Borealis?”

“Aurora Borealis?!? At this time of day? At this time of year? In this part of the country? Localised entirely within your kitchen?!?”

”Yes.”

”Can I see it?”

”No.”

SNC is going to be GUTTED when he logs in and realises he's missed this thread :lol:

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

”Aurora Borealis?”

”Yes.”

”Can I see it?”

”No.”

This deserves a whole other thread

10 hours ago, Quark said:

One of my favourite quotes was on yesterday in The Cartridge Family Episode:

Marge: You lied to me Homer! You told me you got rid of the gun!

Homer: But Marge, I swear, I never thought you'd find out!

Is this the same episode as:

"Five days? But I'm mad now! I'd kill you if I had my gun"

"Yeh, well...you don't"

Classic. 

For Simpsons obsessives like me this is a really good read...

https://www.avclub.com/c/tv-review/the-simpsons-classic

Basically a detailed piece on every single episode from the first 10 series, some reviews are better than others depending on the writer. A couple fall into the trap of just explaining why obvious jokes are funny, but some of them are really good, offering nice little insights on the writing, personal perspectives and even pointing out the odd joke you may have missed.

Well worth a look for big fans.

19 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

”Aurora Borealis?”

”Yes.”

”Can I see it?”

”No.”

Well people did rate the episode highly in their top tens earlier in the thread, and I can’t imagine it’s because of Lisa getting gum in her hair. :P

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well people did rate the episode highly in their top tens earlier in the thread, and I can’t imagine it’s because of Lisa getting gum in her hair. :P

You say that, but the line “everyone needs to drive a vehicle, even the very tall” slays me every time.

• Upvote 1

I'm not gonna lie, if I had the time to be blasting through a series this week I just found out the 90s spiderman cartoons are included with Disney+ so I'd have to go through that before the simpsons episodes I've seen 10+ times each. 

Maybe this wasn't the thread to share that ahah.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

I'm not gonna lie, if I had the time to be blasting through a series this week I just found out the 90s spiderman cartoons are included with Disney+ so I'd have to go through that before the simpsons episodes I've seen 10+ times each. 

Maybe this wasn't the thread to share that ahah.

Also, 90s X-Men cartoon is on there. I didn’t expect to get this spoilt with it already. 
Simpsons marathon in chronological order will happen soon.