Life is shit, but one of the best ever episodes of The Simpsons in on Channel 4 now!

The Red Telephone

13 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

Glad to see love for Homer at the Bat. There's something special about that episode. I don't even like baseball but I get chills watching the closing credits.

Some really greats ones on here! I also really like "Homer's Phobia" and "Brother from the Same Planet".

@Calvin Klein - my friend and I still quote a lot! In recent days he sent me the meme below over whatsapp whilst mid Covid chat.. It absolutely did me in..... "Yes I would, Kent"

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 16.23.02.png

Edit: I didn't quite mean for this pic to be so big!

Edited by Sasperella
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Hank Scorpio : Uh, hi, Homer. What can I do for you? 

Homer : Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks. 

Hank Scorpio : Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third. 

Homer : Uh-huh. 

Hank Scorpio : There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There. 

Homer : Mm-Hmm. 

Hank Scorpio : That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third. 

Homer : Oh, the hammock district! 

Hank Scorpio : That's right.

178F9FCE-E572-4EDD-845E-E31C2E8870F8.png

Lisa: It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Homer’s Brain: Uh-oh, what did that mean? Better say something or they’ll think you’re stupid.

Homer: Takes one to know one!

Homer’s Brain: Swish!

Treehouse of Horror V is possibly my most watched episode. It is perfect. 

Last Exit To Springfield contains my all-time favourite Simpsons gag - ‘It was the best of times, it was the BLURST of times!? You stupid monkey!’ 

Another scene that springs to mind instantly is the ‘Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo’ scene

Very particular but there are two specific episodes where Homer’s laugh makes me genuinely laugh more than most other things in the world:

1. When the professor drops his notes in Homer Goes To College. 

2. In Team Homer when Flanders just misses out on getting a strike and Homer shouts ‘GOD BOY COULDN’T GET A STRIKE!’ The laughter that follows that in the background is astoundingly hilarious :lol: 

Edited by Andre91

13 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

If someone is at a fruit machine in the pub, we all say we are on "The Gamblor". To a point I forgot it was a fruit machine when I started writing this post!

I do the exact same! One of my friends loves to have a go on a fruity, and whenever we see him stood at one, we always say ‘Gamblor has him now’ :lol: 

The whole of this exchange...

Marge: There’s something wrong with Bart.

Homer: New glasses?

Marge: He seems distant

Homer: Probably misses his old glasses,

Marge: I’d get more involved with him but then I’m afraid I’d smother him.

Homer: Yeah, and then we’d get the chair...

Marge: That’s not what I meant Homer.

Homer: It was Marge, admit it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2