Update from the festival...

Hugh Jass

TBF, isn’t that the case with tickets/ reg anyway? Anybody who knows your surname and reg number could do that at any stage after you’ve booked it?

I get properly anxious when the tickets arrive - I’m convinced the house is going to get burgled and check I’ve locked up correctly at least 4 times when I leave!

1 minute ago, The Red Telephone said:

TBF, isn’t that the case with tickets/ reg anyway? Anybody who knows your surname and reg number could do that at any stage after you’ve booked it?

I get properly anxious when the tickets arrive - I’m convinced the house is going to get burgled and check I’ve locked up correctly at least 4 times when I leave!

This is simply going on the website and filling two fields and clicking a box.

3 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Haha last year I hid mine in the house in the most ridiculous place 🙈

Anyone else feel a panic by not needing to do anything? I know it says they will automatically roll over but what if I missed the sentence that said I had to apply in writing. What if I missed that check box. Panicking over nothing by here 😂

11 hours ago, D-Low said:

Anyone else feel a panic by not needing to do anything? I know it says they will automatically roll over but what if I missed the sentence that said I had to apply in writing. What if I missed that check box. Panicking over nothing by here 😂

😂 I was a bit anxious about that! I had to read it several times, but don’t worry we don’t have to do anything.

I also had to get my friends to say specifically they wanted to go next year. I’m such a dork. 

17 hours ago, Waynolol said:

I would imagine a few thousand tickets are going to be taken up by people taking their kids who will cross the threshold , now they’re being allowed to jump the queue for a real ticket. 

A few thousand? Give over mate... most people who go to Glastonbury don’t have kids, and for those that do, there will be a tiny proportion who are turning 14, before we even take into account whether they’d want the hassle of controlling a 14 year old in the greatest temptation pit known to man.

3 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

How secure do you think 2021 is? The projections sound very worrying... Corona to last till spring 2021

I don’t think there’s any doubt it’ll be around in a years time, but I would think unlikely it would be having the same impact as right now.

I understand the worry though, the thought has crossed my mind. 

29 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

How secure do you think 2021 is? The projections sound very worrying... Corona to last till spring 2021

One of 3 things will happen. 

1) The virus has burnt itself out and isn’t very prevalent as most people have had it

2) A treatment/vaccine has been developed lowering the risk of the virus. 

3) capacity of the health services has increased to be able to cope with the demand

or I could be completely wrong

1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

1) The virus has burnt itself out and isn’t very prevalent as most people have had it

3) capacity of the health services has increased to be able to cope with the demand

Yes

yes

yes 

hopefully you are right 

Edited by crazyfool1

I think if corona is still cancelling events even in February next year, we’ll be in a very bad place globally. I’d like to think it will have calmed down by September and once winter kicks in there’s likely to be a slight increase in cases but after that we’re free. 🤞🏻

24 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Odd thought that most efesters will have had it by then. 

Yes hope you’re right, but this thing looks a right c**t 

7 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Odd thought that most efesters will have had it by then. 

Yes hope you’re right, but this thing looks a right c**t 

I know quite a few efesters are in high risk groups so if they get it I hope it’s mild and if required the treatment is available at hospital. 

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Agree with all that. Historically most viruses like this haven’t gone on with such an impact for more than a year. Even Spanish flu as deadly as it was lasted about a year.

On a slightly related note a couple of weeks ago my ex told me her and her mum had completely lost their sense of taste and smell, absolutely nothing. Weird we thought. It now turns out this is one of the symptoms or bi products of Corona. So she probably had it and gave it to tons of people and most of them probably didn’t realise. She didn’t have any other symptoms, just that.

The point I’m making is although it’s obviously serious and killing people, I think a lot of people have had it without ever knowing, so in theory things will get worse in the near future but should rapidly improve before long.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton