Radio 1 big weekend 2021

jj200

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Do we have any idea of where this is going to be held?

It'll be a huge shock if it's not either Coventry (city of culture), or Dundee (because of the cancellation).

Some people have suggested they do a split site thing and use both.

Won’t be the same line-up. They’ll be other things planned years ago that they’ll do. It’ll just be the same artist they rebook every year. Looking at you Rita Ora,
i hope it’s in Coventry. Doubt it’ll be split site. Don’t think this year cancellation warrants for it to go mega. 

6 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

Won’t be the same line-up. They’ll be other things planned years ago that they’ll do. It’ll just be the same artist they rebook every year. Looking at you Rita Ora,
i hope it’s in Coventry. Doubt it’ll be split site. Don’t think this year cancellation warrants for it to go mega. 

Like what.

8 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

Hope it's in coventry and then will definitely consider going if it's a good line up. Scotland is too far for me to go for this unfortunately.

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Hope it's in coventry and then will definitely consider going if it's a good line up. Scotland is too far for me to go for this unfortunately.

Something like 90% of the tickets are allocated for people residing in the host city, then the rest is up for grabs.

2 hours ago, 3Dimensions said:

Wasn't the biggest weekend partly hosted in Coventry? Can't see it coming back too soon, surely must be something in Scotland or the west country?

That was Radio 2 though. Like people have said it's always been in the City of Culture.. so fingers crossed. 

44 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

I'm thinking that there will be two different Big Weekends. One in Dundee, with the majority of the original lineup, plus additions, while another one happens at the same time somewhere else.

Going to hop on the bandwagon and just say Coventry!

Could both be live streamed.

9 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

I can’t see the BBC giving the budget for 2 Big Weekends tbh.

I don't think it's impossible. I'm thinking that this time next year they'll have a fair chunk of unspent budget, from all the stuff they won't be having to spend on this summer.

And I think spending on joyous stuff like live music will be appreciated to lift the mood of the nation, as well as help kickstart a repressed economy.

Let's hope things have improved enough in year's time so that things are back to normal.