The Rumshack - It's Not Over Yet...

vintagelaureate

13 hours ago, Sundance said:

Apparently the Beeb are going to do a celebration of Glasto special over the weekend 2020 would have been going ahead. Something to do with that maybe? Or perhaps Rum Shack are going to do some sort of live stream over the weekend?

I wont be able to watch that.... just rub it in even more what we are missing. It would like watching a video of your other half cheating on you ha (unless your into that sort of thing) 

Edited by Havors
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Havors said:

I wont be able to watch that.... just rub it in even more what we are missing. It would like watching a video of your other half cheating on you ha (unless your into that sort of thing) 

Feel differently than I did last year when I couldn't get tickets, yes we are missing but we are all in this together and the majority of us will be back to party next time .

2 hours ago, Havors said:

Is it cheating if they video for you ............... asking for a friend

On 3/19/2020 at 9:34 AM, Earth_pig said:

Feel differently than I did last year when I couldn't get tickets, yes we are missing but we are all in this together and the majority of us will be back to party next time .

I totally agree. I'm sure my crew will be up for watching it together with a lot of beers.....hopefully all of us together but maybe only the few that live in Glasgow if we're still banned from stuff by then! Maybe even in a tent in the garden! At least the drinks will be cold 🙂

Ya know what, with rum shack opening over the weekend, and all the other venues also wanting to claw some money back from this absolutely shite situation, would not surprise me if a couple of small venues get the go ahead to do something similar. By no means is glasto gonna miraculously be back on but imagine if they had rum shack, the common, wormhole, and whoever else opening and releasing a small number of tickets to make something happen for that weekend. Predictions seem to suggest that we may be starting to return to some sort of normality by the end of June and if that’s true then I don’t see why they wouldn’t try to make a few quid for all those contractors who are going to miss out this year.

2 hours ago, jow95 said:

Ya know what, with rum shack opening over the weekend, and all the other venues also wanting to claw some money back from this absolutely shite situation, would not surprise me if a couple of small venues get the go ahead to do something similar. By no means is glasto gonna miraculously be back on but imagine if they had rum shack, the common, wormhole, and whoever else opening and releasing a small number of tickets to make something happen for that weekend. Predictions seem to suggest that we may be starting to return to some sort of normality by the end of June and if that’s true then I don’t see why they wouldn’t try to make a few quid for all those contractors who are going to miss out this year.

I seem to be reading much more pessimistic predictions that you.

Yesterday I'm sure Boris actually said something like 12 weeks and we'd be over the worst part. I'd love that to be the case but I get the feeling he's trying to give us false hope, which in turn may cause more idiots to not give a shit about the current safety measures. And if that happens then 12 weeks might become 120!

Hopefully a *certain field* of the festival will be having it's 'extended crew' party again this year at the end of the summer.It normally happens only on fallow years. 

Cracking event with Big Top and ace bands etc. Last time ROT90's played. 

Fingers crossed.

(BTW, please don't mention any fields or info in any replies if that's OK because if it got public it certainly wouldn't happen, Ta , J  x  )

On 3/20/2020 at 4:26 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I seem to be reading much more pessimistic predictions that you.

In hindsight I’ve seen massively mixed predictions, but that’s 3 months away, it’ll be fine by then? Right? 😐

the point is, if events are allowed to happen again by then, then something smaller with a relatively small build time is completely feasible and could happen in a small handful of those fields, atleast let us dream anyway