stuartbert two hats

Classic Glastonbury Performances

Let's put together a playlist to watch on what would have been the weekend of the festival, full of classic Glastonbury performances.  I'll kick off with this doozy - I wasn't even there that year, due to small child in my life, but it's obvious there was electricity in the field:

• Upvote 1

For me the highlight of Radiohead's last set.  They transformed a tasteful dinner party jazz recording into an absolute beast. Mesmerising lights, a visceral and muscular performance.  And some great meracas.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Upvote 1

one of the best sets ever - cheesy but oh sooooo cool. How do you do that? :D 

one song from a make-everyone-cry-its-so-good 2008 set ....

and audio of the whole properly-rockin' 1992 set (which blew me away back then, and sounds great right now!)

Edited by eFestivals

11 minutes ago, Garrett_Salas said:

please delete if this isn't appropriate - but does anyone happen to know somewhere where you definitely couldn't obtain full sets?

I wouldn't send me a PM.

Sure I had a bit of a cry behind the sunnies during this. Their voices are just unbelievable live. 

• Upvote 2

Fond memories of trying to dance/bounce to this in the mud when the drop comes at around 2:12

• Like 3

It gets overlooked because Pulp were storming it on the Main Stage, but this was happening on the Jazz World, and also deserves a lot of love -

I get chills every time I listen to this. My favourite Stones song, at my favourite place in the world. 

• Upvote 4

The beginning of 'Days' where an absolute superstar is thinking about his old friend.....

Edited by BlueDaze
  • Upvote 1

On 3/18/2020 at 5:00 PM, eFestivals said:

one song from a make-everyone-cry-its-so-good 2008 set ....

I just had to come back to this thread to thank you for posting this video.

I'd never seen this performance before but it's just perfect - the music, the crowd - just perfect. 

I've watched it countless times over the last few days when I've been feeling shit about everything that's going on, and sure enough it has cheered me and made me cry every time. I'm sure the effects will become less potent with repeated exposure so I'll have to start rationing myself but.. wow, what a drug.

RIP

Maybe not a true classic a la Dolly or Lionel, but still in fragments the next day after the Stones, this was very much something that I loved to see.

On 3/18/2020 at 4:41 PM, eFestivals said:

one of the best sets ever - cheesy but oh sooooo cool. How do you do that? :D 

i know i've said it before on here - but this was the most rock n roll set i've ever seen at Glastonbury.

when they tried to chuck him off at the end and he was having none of it!

It really doesn't get any better than this. Iconic set, electric crowd, perfect song to cap off the mudbath weekend and a band performing out of their skin. This is so far and away the best moment I've ever experienced at Glastonbury, and putting this over about a dozen Radiohead 2017 moments says it all.

I always look back at Glastonbury sets before I started going (Blur 09, Radiohead 97, Young 09, Jay Z 08, Beyonce 11, Stones 13) and feel like I've missed the glory days of the festival, but then I remind myself people will look at that video in 10 years time and have those same feelings. Can't quite believe I was there.

Edited by jparx