June 24th - June 28th 2020, what will you be doing instead?

Earth_pig

23 hours ago, westholtschic said:

We have the weekend before booked at our favourite campsite under the Tor so hope to visit the farm and possibly stay for the week.

Assume that’s the small site you see from the Tor, we were looking at a site that’s a mile or so  up a country road outside Pilton. Had a walk past it a few years back and it looked really nice. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Assume that’s the small site you see from the Tor, we were looking at a site that’s a mile or so  up a country road outside Pilton. Had a walk past it a few years back and it looked really nice. 

It's fantastic. There are only 5 touring pitches and 10 camping ones. We have stayed there the weekend before the last 4 festivals before going on to our campsite on the Sunday afternoon.

IMG_3058.JPG

Edited by westholtschic
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

It's fantastic. There are only 5 touring pitches and 10 camping ones. We have stayed there the weekend before the last 4 festivals before going on to our campsite on the Sunday afternoon.

IMG_3058.JPG

That looks great! I still have a week off and a motorhome booked for Glasto week and intend to head over that way, restrictions allowing.

Just a day around the farm would do me the world of good and relieve some of the misery of not attending.

• Upvote 1

It would be nice if the bbc could show a few sets from the past that aren’t available on the iplayer. One on each of Friday, Saturday and Sunday night?

Its not safe to book anything else for that weekend at the moment and I cancelled the time off I had booked so I probably won’t do anything. 

17 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

It would be nice if the bbc could show a few sets from the past that aren’t available on the iplayer. One on each of Friday, Saturday and Sunday night?

Its not safe to book anything else for that weekend at the moment and I cancelled the time off I had booked so I probably won’t do anything. 

Agreed - I suggested that on another thread, but not many suggestions coming through.  Thanks to those who did come up with line-ups 👍

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Madyaker said:

The bbc must have an incredible archive of performances. Surely this would be the ideal time to show them? I’ve got most of the bbc coverage on my sky planner going back to 2014, Be warned by the way, if you change sky boxes you lose all your planner. (think I’ve mentioned that before!) . If the bbc won’t do it, I could always set up an unofficial you tube channel! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

On 3/18/2020 at 8:06 PM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

There's quite a lot of chat at the moment about the free Party scene getting quite a revival this summer as there won't be any official events and the forces of law will probably have better things to do than stop a bunch of folk dancing in the woods.

OK, there may be a ban on mass gatherings................

OK, just don't even think about it.

• Like 1

I'm very interested to see what this "celebration of Glastonbury" is all about on BBC. I'm hoping something extensive that weekend, loads of old sets on the tv and perhaps a load more on iplayer too. Ideally more than just headliners and legends but maybe that's too much to ask.

If there is any time to use that vast archive it's then 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

walking between the different rooms in my flat  worrying about clashes ... shouldn't take long I only have 3 rooms ... so should minimise worry too :) 

There's an idea, put different glasto sets on in different rooms! Should I watch The Cure on the lounge stage or Christine and the Queens on the bedroom stage?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Simsy said:

There's an idea, put different glasto sets on in different rooms! Should I watch The Cure on the lounge stage or Christine and the Queens on the bedroom stage?

I’ve got my pyramid stage which I can balance on top of the iPad so will semi recreate it .... might get a bulk order of jelly babies in to recreate the crowd ... I’ve also got lights that are app controlled so I can simulate a lightshow .... and an app that simulates fireworks ... the real thing might be a tad risky ..:)