June 24th - June 28th 2020, what will you be doing instead?

Earth_pig

I'd mentioned on another thread a few weeks back that I was missing a close friend's wedding in Glasgow this year cause of the fest, with the festival now cancelled I'll be to come over for the wedding if a) travel restrictions have eased enough that I can use my flights b) KLM don't go bust in the meantime c) lockdown ends so my friends can actually have their circa-100 guests wedding. 

So yeah, at the moment I don't really know for sure, but that's the plan.

6 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Did the NC500 in 2018, was an amazing trip. Enjoy!

Me and my other half have done it a good few times before and never tire of it. The others haven't it'll be a first for them. Its good to hear people on here looking forward but i have a heavy heart for the people on here who have spoken over the last months about family/friends who are ill and were hoping to go to glastonbury for the last time. Its a truly heartbreaking situation i do hope your friends wedding goes ahead. Moments of joy will be especially precious in the coming months xxx

10 minutes ago, Babylon sister said:

Me and my other half have done it a good few times before and never tire of it. The others haven't it'll be a first for them. Its good to hear people on here looking forward but i have a heavy heart for the people on here who have spoken over the last months about family/friends who are ill and were hoping to go to glastonbury for the last time. Its a truly heartbreaking situation i do hope your friends wedding goes ahead. Moments of joy will be especially precious in the coming months xxx

Thanks Babylon Sis, I was messaging my mate last night and she's trying to stay positive (more gutted about her hen do not going ahead at the moment!) but yeah, it's going to be a tough few months for us all. 

The friends I was going with have a field of a garden in Somerset, so I'm hoping we'll be putting up the tent, having the BBC (God bless their Pilton dedication!) turned up loud and having a Glastribute with lots of alcohol :drinks:

Right now, if I can walk along my local beach or ramble around England's green and pleasant fields in June I'll be as happy as if I got a Glastonbury ticket.

Naturally, there's a lot of uncertainty flying around these boards at the moment but I'm choosing to think positively rather than think we'll be in this situation come June 2021, as some are suggesting.  

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

9 hours ago, westholtschic said:

We have the weekend before booked at our favourite campsite under the Tor so hope to visit the farm and possibly stay for the week.

A lot will depend on how things go over the next few months but there may be quite a few of us climbing the Tor! It all depends on what the advice is. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

For hobo jones fans I will definately be enjoying this ... I’m going to put on my pyramid stage hat simulate beach balls being chucked at it and open a thatchers 

9513478E-44AF-4A85-8AA0-3A0216470C08.png

Most definitely going to be tuning in from a shed in someone's garden, proudly wearing my Hobo T-Shirt, drinking scrumpy and rattling a pot or three!!

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

same cheesy jokes will undoubtably bring a chuckle again ..

Love the Avalon, seeing that gives me a mix of emotions, reminds me of all the laughs and fun we’ve had in there with bands such as skinny lister but also a wee bit of sadness that it’s not to be this year!  And of course the Avalon inn, a bit pricey but a great atmosphere! 

3 hours ago, JezzaBelle said:

The friends I was going with have a field of a garden in Somerset, so I'm hoping we'll be putting up the tent, having the BBC (God bless their Pilton dedication!) turned up loud and having a Glastribute with lots of alcohol :drinks:

Is there room for more tents?

BBC saying they are going to be having a Glastonbury celebration in June, so maybe we will get something to all watch and party to.

would be great to watch with the live streams of some bands mixed in as well