June 24th - June 28th 2020, what will you be doing instead?

Earth_pig

Me and a friend are planning a mini festival held accords 2 flats (I live in one, friend in the other) in Nottingham on the days Glastonbury should have gone ahead.

Gathering loads of friends who play various instruments to play ‘sets’ across the weekend, it’ll most likely be awful, but all of us who originally had tickets will be together, and that’ll be enough!

Already started creating a mini-line-up and poster!

Edited by Jack.194

I was running fairly low on annual leave with loads of things happening at the back end of the year so I'll probably just work. I can use the holidays that would have gone towards Glastonbury to book off the time between Christmas and New Year so that'll be a nice 2 weeks off during that period.

Hoping the virus dies down, Will probably try and book an air bnb somewhere nice in the UK. If it completely dies down then maybe a cheap holiday somewhere.

Last fallow year I at least had Primavera to fill the gap. The way it's going I don't think I'll be even leaving the house :(

1 hour ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

This! (Sorry to the garden party-ers but needs must)

If we're allowed to move around, my mate and I will take our Glasto tent somewhere for the weekend. If not, hammered on here watching some vintage sets.

I think a big watch party might be in order. Maybe youtube gets the same feature as netflix with the party feature and we can all tune in together. Or iPlayer does a thing.

• Upvote 1

Trainline suprised me, I just logged in to see what could be done about the two return  castle Cary train tickets I got early, thinking I would be organised this year. There was a simple refund button which I clicked and in 5 days will have the money back, I didn't have any insurance or anything, will be helpful.

If they don't cancel the abbey extravaganza we hope to go to that.

Already cancelled my annual leave, I did it today in a mild fit of pique. 
my mate is doing a charity walk from Eastbourne to Stoke, in memory of his sadly deceased little boy, who died last year - it’s a good 300 miles and it’ll take him a fair old while, so I’ll work out whereabouts he’ll be and do a few more days with him. Was doing the first few days anyway. He’s hoping to raise ten grand for the hospitals that looked after his son. 

hang on, I’d better lob up a charity link! 
https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=ChrisGibbs9&pageUrl=2

edit: he writes a daily blog about grieving, it’s a heartbreaking and beautiful read. I even get mentioned in it a few times. Well worth a look if you’ve had anything similar in your life. 

Edited by balti-pie

There's quite a lot of chat at the moment about the free Party scene getting quite a revival this summer as there won't be any official events and the forces of law will probably have better things to do than stop a bunch of folk dancing in the woods.

OK, there may be a ban on mass gatherings................

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

4FC79ADB-9B58-4486-B683-5DBDF5833FBB.thumb.jpeg.395f59d269148d547e410bc7d82ac26f.jpeg

ive got all the telly coverage of every glasto back to 2014 when I got a new sky box. I could always just binge on them all. 

I saw father John if that is 2015 on the park stage and i was there for radiohead - twitchy dancing alone as my friends opted for something else - good times !

5 hours ago, august1 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see hundreds of people still turning up tbh.

Think I might head to farm at some point once/if this settles down in August/September

Crossed my mind

Always wanted to do it at some point when the festival isn't on, this certainly seems like the year

Just need to work out the logistics as I don't drive

I would be tempted to go to the farm but I don't think that's a good idea really. The virus will still be around I would think and I would assume that if loads of people turn up there that weekend, the Eavis's could get into trouble with the council and locals.

I will still take the two weeks off (or maybe just the week of the festival) and take some time to recharge at home. And if it is safe to do so, spend some time at my local nudie beach, getting away from all the stresses of my usual day to day. Plus, on the actual weekend I will definitely be watching lots of Glastonbury stuff on tv.