T Minus & Counting 2021

oneeye

17 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Woah - Current Archaeology still going and looking more like an issue of Homes and Gardens now (was an archaeology student in Southampton back in the early 90s).

You give it up old son or are you digging now. My son has a friend who's doing that.. 

5 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Some pretty amazing pictures on here from back in the day! 
not looked at this thread before going to go to start of it and have a look! 

It's a great bit of work fun but can get additive lol only down side I've found is even tho it's just day after day you'd be amazed how fast the year goes.. Abit like keeping a diary I suppose.. Look forward to seeing you on here when ever you can. 

Peace and water 

G

On 8/8/2020 at 11:00 AM, guypjfreak said:

You give it up old son or are you digging now. My son has a friend who's doing that.. 

I would have liked to continue it as a career, however in the mid-90's such heritage jobs were very scarce and paid peanuts so I had to go with something that paid the bills, which was IT. Now IT is no longer what it was and its all gradually being lost to the big cloud players, so no idea where I go next. Considering dry stone walling....

6 hours ago, Pinhead said:

I would have liked to continue it as a career, however in the mid-90's such heritage jobs were very scarce and paid peanuts so I had to go with something that paid the bills, which was IT. Now IT is no longer what it was and its all gradually being lost to the big cloud players, so no idea where I go next. Considering dry stone walling....

I tried that in dartmoor on a school trip thing.. We did a massive survival walk where you hit the tors and had to find the stamp and stamp your book sort of thing... Anyway when we got to the last tor we nicked the stamp.. 

It's still in a wall near a carpark to this day I'm sure.. Needless to say our team got disqualified lol

6 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Now IT is no longer what it was and its all gradually being lost to the big cloud players, so no idea where I go next. 

I'm in the same boat. My insurance company phoned today to remind me my professional indemnity insurance was up for renewal and would I like to go ahead. I told them not to for the moment whilst I consider what to do next.  It probably won't be dry stone walling 🙂, but it could be almost anything (other than IT now, it feels like that has run its course).