recommend a 'classic' album (not your fav album!)

eFestivals

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DbjV9tUVxq8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lots of good and bad memories around this album 

Snappy album title that 
Edited by Copperface

7 minutes ago, Copperface said:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DbjV9tUVxq8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lots of good and bad memories around this album 

Snappy album title that 

changed for you, computer being a bitch this morning  :)

• Like 1

Was listening to a couple of old albums at the weekend that (I think) deserve a mention:

Shabini by The Bhundu Boys - my favourite African album. Brings a ray of sunshine on a piss-wet day like today! Something about those jangly (12 string?) guitars that never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Also, Live at the Counter Eurovision by Misty in Roots - One of John Peel's favourite albums. Live albums are often a bit iffy, but this is a corker.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Also, Live at the Counter Eurovision by Misty in Roots - One of John Peel's favourite albums. Live albums are often a bit iffy, but this is a corker.

Nearly put this one down myself, but instead i have gone for the first reggae album i bought when i was 16. Blackheart Man by the mighty Bunny Wailer

• 5 weeks later...

If you have never heard of this girl well I wouldn't be surprised she only did a few things but this album is fantastic.. I first saw her in the joiners Southampton.. Met her a few times after but this is a definite desert island disk for me.. 

On 7/27/2020 at 2:48 PM, Punksnotdead said:

Only just got round to looking at this thread and amazed to see this one on the first page I looked at.  My brother had this on vinyl when I was a kid but it disappeared long ago and I've been searching it out ever since. No joy so far.  In terms of live UK reggae bands' performances, it's right up there with Steel Pulse at Sunsplash in Jamaica in 1981:

30 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Go on then. Give me three to listen to tomorrow morning...

Here's three from different genres to see if any do it for you:

1.  The Jam.  Setting Sons.

2.  Underworld.  Everything everything.

3.  Danger Mouse.  The grey album.

Edited by Mark E. Spliff

10 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Only just got round to looking at this thread and amazed to see this one on the first page I looked at.  My brother had this on vinyl when I was a kid but it disappeared long ago and I've been searching it out ever since. No joy so far.  In terms of live UK reggae bands' performances, it's right up there with Steel Pulse at Sunsplash in Jamaica in 1981:

Well I've got a copy but you're not getting it! It's a classic to be sure, there's one on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-Vinyl-Record-LP-Misty-In-Roots-Live-Eurovision-1979-Spartan-Records-238/274473982275?hash=item3fe7ec9943:g:OucAAOSwXqtfR7yX

£40 though, seems pricey but there's probably not many about.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Thanks. Have only ever listened to The Jam’s greatest hits and not a full album, have the Underworld one and excited to listen to Danger Mouse.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Quark said:

Yes yes and again yes. Go back to that album a lot. I was late to them, discovered them on WH Sun 2013.  What a sunny afternoon set that was

And in a spooky reggae coincidence I've just clicked on this thread to see this post whilst in the background Fisherman is up on the playlist.