recommend a 'classic' album (not your fav album!)

eFestivals

7 hours ago, Greenelk said:

Such a shame the sycophants around him swayed his decision not to play the farm

sign-o-the-times.jpg

No upvotes left(naturally) but this deserved one.  Possibly the best record of the 1980s to my mind, certainly the pinnacle of his recording career.  I couldn't get tickets for the Sign o the times tour but saw him on the nude tour a couple of years later and it was off the hook.  Mavis Staples support act was pure fire, but once Prince took to the stage...shit on toast, that was something else.  My missus at the time worked at the NEC so we got front row, centre seats and it was pure electric from start to finish, little fella sure knew how to perform.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Flying_Hellfish said:

I didn't see mention of it yet so I kicked this off

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6bqLMcGQfZBH4dQhOpzd7v?si=_ZVOlymCQcK6R2JIiSTrxA

Entries from page 1 so far. It's collaborative.

thanks, now playing in my house. :) 

edit: Oh, except it's not, as it's not coming up when searching in sonos :( 

I guess spotify needs to reindex before it'll show in the sonos app.

Edited by eFestivals

On 3/18/2020 at 1:38 PM, eFestivals said:

To help fill the time, we all need good suggestions of different things to do. :) 

So recommend a classic album - but *NOT* your favourite album or your favourite act. A proper classic.

Cos I saw 'Metal Britannica' on BBC4 the other night, I'll kick things off with...

Deep Purple - Deep Purple In Rock.

Finally got round to listening to this properly for the first time. Always known it exists (obviously!) but never got round to it. Lovely stuff, the long outro section to Hard Lovin' Man is a thing of beauty. 

(Also started watching the Metal Britannia last night. That too is bloody good :) )

Back in the mists of time CBS produced some of the first sampler collections on vinyl - The Rock Machine turns you on series.  They introduced me and a lot of other people to a whole range of music and are worth digging out/hunting down.

The Rock Machine Turns You On - Wikipedia

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Might be an idea to lop off the bonus tracks that have been added to some of these classics?

Good idea. Anyone can edit, so if you see something that needs to go, or to add something, feel free

I'll be adding a few more pages tonight I think

Edited by Flying_Hellfish

No idea how this isn't on the list yet.... 

Nine Inch Nails, The Downward Spiral.

It certainly was my favourite album for a very long time. Not sure it still is (although it's still up there), but it is mostly definitely a classic. 

One of the most perfect albums ever made.

Screenshot_20200326_150328.jpg

Edited by Sasperella