recommend a 'classic' album (not your fav album!)

eFestivals

22 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I love A Rush of Blood to the Head. I try to keep that quiet on here though.

I'm with you.  The opening bars of 'In My Place' always bring the Pyramid to mind...and the drop after the quiet intro to 'Amsterdam' sets my spine tingling every time.  Terrific album.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Quark said:

I was starting to wonder when you'd pop this up easty :D

You keeping well pal?

I did not want to put anything up too predictable mate, but I have had an email off Mute reminding me it is 30 years old today and the singles are being reissued. Seeing as its an anniversary, I had to share it. It is also a simply stunning album, arguably the defining moment of electro pop.

Not too bad mate. Like the rest of us, very worried about what is happening in the world. Just trying to be sensible and hope to keep safe. Unfortunately I have no faith in people. It will descend into Lord Of The Flies round here. The pubs are still full of idiots and there were people kicking off in Asda before.

Keep yourself and yours safe mate. Going to be a torrid few weeks ahead.

Responsible for most of my favourite garage bands going, an absolute iconic band giving music and the world the fuck you it deserves. Their cover of Stronger Than Dirt is a high point of dirty garage rock.

The Mummies - Never Been Caught

The_Mummies_-_Never_Been_Caught_cover.jpg.d547de29bd08eaad6f8b9173ba6be72f.jpg

You get this bonus video of them performing if you read this far