recommend a 'classic' album (not your fav album!)

eFestivals

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Nope. First saw them supporting Here & Now (who didn't turn up) in Guildford, and next at the (old) Marquee.

The very lovely wife bought me a big flower shirt for xmas, so they're still available. :) 

Ooh... I might have to get one sent over here.  

Upthebracket.jpg.48970a9fd790a8404bbb5508c2aa56f1.jpg

512lpd4kULL._SY400_.jpg.b94cc38f5f019db6281e877daf90461f.jpg

A couple of 00s indie classics. Not all of it was landfill, these 2 probably get lost in the mix but god they're good. Both seem raw yet polished, visceral yet composed. I know indie music gets some stick on here but these 2 albums have certainly stood the test of time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A couple, if I  may beg your indulgence,

220px-The_Yes_Album.png

The Yes Album, recently Danny Baker tweeted which album would you most like to listen to right now "The Yes Album or Never Mind the Bollocks"? Much as I like NMTB it is an album more important as a milestone than a piece of music.

R-14487854-1575548972-6274.jpeg.jpg

And this, this album takes me back to a very distant place (my youth).

Both classics IMO (but neither are my favourite album of all time)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mcshed said:

I might be stealing @The Red Telephone's thunder but Forever Changes is an absolute classic.

Love_-_forever_changes.jpg

Has to be one of the greatest and most beautiful albums of all time.  Happy memories seeing Love with Arthur Lee at Glasto.

3 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I love A Rush of Blood to the Head. I try to keep that quiet on here though.

It's a guilty pleasure this one. I think it's far better than Parachutes and then anything after this was pretty dreadful. The second side of this one is great, and Politik is a great album opener and was a fab set opener in 2002 on the Pyramid. 

2 things I'll say about Coldplay. They had a great 2nd album and they put on great Glastonbury sets (I've seen 2016 & '02). With them, I'm not into anything else but those 2 things.