recommend a 'classic' album (not your fav album!)

eFestivals

Funny enough I'm building a playlist collection of classic albums at the moment, so this thread will help massively!

For my part, only discovered this as an album (beyond the singles) relatively recently. Get some Marvin in your ears. Quite dark themes of social commentary, but wrapped up in a sound that will soothe the soul. Gorgeous.

882025421_MarvinGayeWhatsGoingOnalbumcover.jpg.9260c95edd6e08fd496c880919c1476f.jpg

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

To help fill the time, we all need good suggestions of different things to do. :) 

So recommend a classic album - but *NOT* your favourite album or your favourite act. A proper classic.

Cos I saw 'Metal Britannica' on BBC4 the other night, I'll kick things off with...

Deep Purple - Deep Purple In Rock.

Got this recorded to watch, good I take it?

Just now, Quark said:

Got this recorded to watch, good I take it?

I never listen to rawk nowadays (he says with 'In Rock' playing in the background :P ), but for an old NWOBHM-er like me it was nostalgically interestesting. 
(I loved how Geezer was interviewed in a normal-ish room, while Iommi went for the full goth-horror set-up :lol: )

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

My favourite album is Chairs, Flairs and King Size Rizla, by Big P. Ness and the Oxymoronic Tortologists.

Won't lie, I did just google to see if that was actually an obscure band. Wouldn't have put it past you.