LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2021

jparx

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

more of a concern to me will be the traders ... its going to be a big issue for many of those and that revenue stream might not be available if some get into financial difficulties ... Glastonbury is a huge outlay 

I think that I read that the cancellation was announced before the traders were due to pay their deposits (but I could be wrong). Still wouldn't compensate for the loss of revenues though

1 minute ago, sadimmock said:

I think that I read that the cancellation was announced before the traders were due to pay their deposits (but I could be wrong). Still wouldn't compensate for the loss of revenues though

ah right ... didnt know that ... but a whole season of no income will cause many difficulties so we might not be getting some of our favourites next year ...

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ah right ... didnt know that ... but a whole season of no income will cause many difficulties so we might not be getting some of our favourites next year ...

Definitely. I am not 100% sure about the deposits, but I think I read it from someone who sounded credible on here! 

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

In the absence of a selfconfirmed thread im just gonna chuck this in here - from Tom Mischs IG story (obvs could be read as just he eants to play again rather than defo booked but ya know)

Screenshot_20200525-020237_Instagram.thumb.jpg.2285783c70bf66f894be308889fb924a.jpg

Not sure what I am looking at here?

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

realistically the chances of Glastonbury doing the same? not necessarily imminently but nothing like what we usually expect

Are you saying you think Glastonbury will do similar to IOW, and release their 2021 lineup soon?

If you are, I disagree. I think they’ll follow a similar pattern to usual as they, as always, don’t really have to worry about selling out - as it’s guaranteed. Whereas this is nowhere near the case for IOW I assume.

9 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Isle of wight has been struggling for a little while right? Maybe this is to try and get more income to see them through to next year.

We could easily sell out two or three times over without any line up being released! Most others need to entice custom by announcing headliners in advance . There’s a lot of competition for potential festival goers out there apart from Glastonbury. 

Interested to see the IoW lineup and what they're carried over.

It'll also be interesting to see how Glastonbury handle this. Obviously they don't have the same pressures to get tickets sold/retained, but I can still see them dropping something over the summer since it seems early announcements is becoming the consensus. I'm predicting Diana Ross will be announced over the festival weekend.

42 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Are you saying you think Glastonbury will do similar to IOW, and release their 2021 lineup soon?

If you are, I disagree. I think they’ll follow a similar pattern to usual as they, as always, don’t really have to worry about selling out - as it’s guaranteed. Whereas this is nowhere near the case for IOW I assume.

sort of what i was getting at, just not necessarily "soon" but wondered if we'd now have to wait until  december/january etc. for the respective announcements. if the lineup stays relatively similar then surely no need to hold back on it?

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Interested to see the IoW lineup and what they're carried over.

It'll also be interesting to see how Glastonbury handle this. Obviously they don't have the same pressures to get tickets sold/retained, but I can still see them dropping something over the summer since it seems early announcements is becoming the consensus. I'm predicting Diana Ross will be announced over the festival weekend.

didn't even think of festival weekend, something there might be a good shout!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

So, this weekend?

Yeah, why not. Be great to have something confirmed so we can really turn our attention to next year. Here's hoping we get a real surprise and one/more of our headliners are confirmed out of the blue!

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve had a few emails today that there have been changes on the lineup page on the website.

Probably just preparing to get rid of the glastonbury at home line up and replace it with a holding page? I'm thinking they won't announce anything for quite some time at least until they know a little more about the likelihood of next year going ahead?