LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2021

jparx

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Instead of macca saturday my birthday is now on the sunday! 20 at the "50th!"

Surely they won't announce any names before the ticket sale? Has this ever been done before as part of the whole glastonbury experience i'd say is not knowing who will play at ticket drop - although maybe names will be released as there will probably be less demand than most year (although obviously way less tickets too!)

I dunno because we've already had the general sale. October is basically resale so I don't see why they would need to hold off. I do think we'll get something announced before then tbh.

I can’t personally see anything until September/October or maybe after. They won’t need to publicise the sale in any way with announcements as there will be a lot less tickets. If what we’ve been told about the virus is true then we'll see the peak close to when the festival would’ve been. Can’t see them wanting to make any sort of announcements during a period that could be incredibly difficult, not the right time for it.

Pretty much every acts tours are going to he decimated this year and rescheduled into next year at a later date, so you'd assume the vast majority of the poster will be available anyway. It will just be confirming that to us or otherwise.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think we will hear anything until the gear up for T day in October. I’d imagine we will get emails confirming that we can roll over, WV and CV customers will get one for that and that’s about it.

they will be far too busy dealing with the cancellation and everything that’s involved with that. 

on a side note now pretty much everything is either cancelled or about to be I predict the longest warmest driest summer ever.

15 hours ago, Quark said:

First person to post "7pm x" is due a clip upside the lughole

You have been warned...

9am x

I would think the first artist announcement will follow the refund period. Thats 6 months to sort everything out. And I’ll wager its the legend slot too since it seems itll be different.

5 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

Can someone please explain Lawks to me?

Lawks is an English word (originally London) to express surprise or shock.  It's been used in the title of next announcement thread for a while, but didn't get used last year so making sure it's added back into this one.

It's quite an old word, you don't hear it much. Was very popular when @Gnomicide  was a nipper ;)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Lawks is an English word (originally London) to express surprise or shock.  It's been used in the title of next announcement thread for a while, but didn't get used last year so making sure it's added back into this one.

It's quite an old word, you don't hear it much. Was very popular when @Gnomicide  was a nipper ;)

Thanks! No upvotes left sorry 😔

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

For a while? I think it was just used for the 2019 thread, it just feels like it's been around forever due to the fallow year.

Personally I'm against it, but then I'm grumpy and feeling generally stressed about everything so am probably not worth listening to.

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

For a while? I think it was just used for the 2019 thread, it just feels like it's been around forever due to the fallow year.

Personally I'm against it, but then I'm grumpy and feeling generally stressed about everything so am probably not worth listening to.

Really? Maybe you're right, feels like one of those things that's always been!

And the other bit, everyone's worth listening to. Just might not pay it any real attention, which is different :D

2 minutes ago, Milkshake said:

Do we think they will just do a resale in October and not bother in April 2021? If so then I imagine announcements will come out earlier than usual as everyone will know if they are going or not going by October this year

October will be more like a resale as there are lots less tickets, but there will still be one in April after the balance window as lots will not pay the balance as normal.

2 minutes ago, Milkshake said:

Do we think they will just do a resale in October and not bother in April 2021? If so then I imagine announcements will come out earlier than usual as everyone will know if they are going or not going by October this year

id say no because of the amount of time between october and the festival ... its a massive amount of time for people circumstances to change 

6 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

October will be more like a resale as there are lots less tickets, but there will still be one in April after the balance window as lots will not pay the balance as normal.

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

id say no because of the amount of time between october and the festival ... its a massive amount of time for people circumstances to change 

Ah yeah makes sense. Well hopefully 15 months is enough time to sort a better other stage headliner than Fatboy Slim!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Think it may have been verbal agreements rather than signed and sealed, may be wrong though

Aye, pretty sure Emily said they were verbal agreements.

Do you have any more info about 2020 acts being offered 2021 slots? Or just what you posted the other day?