LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2021

jparx

Alright everyone let's start looking forward! 

When do we think we'll get the first confirmation? Reckon they will drop something in the coming months once they've confirmed which acts will return? Wouldn't surprise me if we knew a couple of the headliners by June.

Thoughts?

Edited by jparx
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

CrrrrrrrrrOAK here we go again...

a friend of mine work's ITK closely with someone on Kendrick Lamar's lighting team, his name is Mike or something anyway he has confirmed that headliners for Glasto 2021 already cofnfirmed:

Fri - Kendrick Lamar

Sat - Paul Mccartney

Sun  - Taylor Swiofty

1975 Park stage June 26th 2021 secret set.

110%

3 hours ago, jparx said:

I'm going Wednesday 24th June for first announcement. Right as gates would have opened. And an announcement of the acts from the first poster who they r secured for the following year.

That would be a brilliant idea! Soften the blow of missing out this year, with excitement for next years event. 

Copy pasting my comment from another thread:

I wonder if, in the case where they bring a significant amount of the 2020 line up forward, they'll change their approach to announcements? Might we see more regular individual act announcements, pre poster, of 2020 acts. Would seem weird to hold out for the poster in the normal way if a large enough chunk of the acts have already been announced previously

Instead of macca saturday my birthday is now on the sunday! 20 at the "50th!"

Surely they won't announce any names before the ticket sale? Has this ever been done before as part of the whole glastonbury experience i'd say is not knowing who will play at ticket drop - although maybe names will be released as there will probably be less demand than most year (although obviously way less tickets too!)