Ticket holders - Rollover or Refund?

Paul ™

Ticket holders - Rollover or Refund?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do with your deposit?

6 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Think we know what the %age will be, but just want to see.

yeah, but I don't really think it says anything. Of course people here will roll over.

I do think there'll be a fair number of refunds, tho. There'll be most of the people who wouldn't have paid up the balance, but also I think there'll be a fair number of older people who'll decide their priorities about what they want to do have changed.

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, but I don't really think it says anything. Of course people here will roll over.

I do think there'll be a fair number of refunds, tho. There'll be most of the people who wouldn't have paid up the balance, but also I think there'll be a fair number of older people who'll decide their priorities about what they want to do have changed.

Yeah fair enough.

We actually were going to refund ours and had talked about it a few weeks ago for various reasons, mainly being financial and timing with other events.

But now it's rolled over to next year, we will hold on to them and hopefully have something to look forward to as this year is just a wipe out for us :(

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Even if you’re ambivalent about attending Glastonbury 2021, provided you can afford the £50 surely it’s a no-brainer to leave your deposit in place for this October and delay any decision until balance payment week in March/April 2021?

Just now, Bryanrebe said:

The data of a poll like this on a forum dedicated to Glastonbury is obviously going to be very skewed toward rollover.

We're the people who are super invested in the festival, enough to log in regularly and talk about it.

True, but I guess some people may not be able to make 2021 due to other pre-arranged plans (e.g. holidays, weddings, planning to start a family etc).
Even for people not on this forum, I imagine those looking to return their tickets would be less than 10% (and that’s being optimistic!!)

Rollover.

I do think there will be a lot who will return their tickets outside of this forum though.  People who just wanted to go once, people who wanted to go for the 50th, people whose lives will change massively since October 2019 (with or without the current situation).

18 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

interesting thought, I wonder if the average age demographic will change much in 2021

Probably quite a simple calculation, the vast majority a year older including hopefully the bands playing!  Seriously there may be some who only wanted to go because of the 50 thing may cancel but not many on here! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

There are loads who got tickets only because it was the 50th aniversary (I know a few) I wonder how many will rollover the tickets now it is just the 2021 festival.

Lots of said group also think the lineup is rubbish. I hope that increases numbers not keeping their tickets.

You might gather from that I don't have a ticket.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I wonder how many people that didn't like the lineup for this year won't roll over on the assumption it'll be the same artists next year.

Good point, but if they can afford to have the £50 deposit held, they can hold off till next year's line up is out 

The majority here will be rollover. But I also know what it's like to be on the bones of me arse and counting coppers to buy some milk. 

I think a lot will get refunds. These are going to be trying times which is why I think GFHQ have probably given till September to get a refund. That £50 while easy for some is two weeks shopping for someone else being crippled by reduction in hours or lay off. 

I take no pleasure in any of this. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Harry_W01 said:

Rollover for me, I'm 19 and could really do with the extra 50 quid at the moment, but Glasto keeping the 50 and me not having to deal with ticket day stress is way worth it IMO

I’m 40 and could always do with £50 

You have to remember some people have coach tickets too. Coach tickets from Scotland are like well over £100 plus the deposit, £150+ is a fair amount of money for some to have locked up especially at this time. Could be used for another festival if later ones go ahead.