Tickets can be rolled over

guypjfreak

25 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Upvoted to cancel out whatever absolute whopper downvoted this post. Sheeesh. 

Cheers Woff, but not needed. Its one of the many troll accounts of jimbo. He doesn't like me since I pointed out how to mute his posts.

I think it frustrates him that he doesn't get reactions to his downvoting of me either.

1 hour ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

@TownesMR, I know you had a lot riding on this year but at least you'll be there in 2021.

At the end of the day, it's just money at this point, and it won't affect my bottom line. This is good news for me today, not going to worry about missing out on this experience. See you in 2021!

• Upvote 1

2021 will be epic. Just think..how many pages will there be on the weather thread, the headliners thread, the line up thread...... especially if we’re to be locked down for a while.

Stay healthy everyone, see you on the farm before you know it. (Don’t have a confirmed ticket yet, but hoping Shelter still want me next year! I’ve paid them £300 already, they can keep it if it guarantees my spot!)

Not really sure where else to post this.

I know a lot of E-Festers book Travelodges and the like in the run up to Glastonbury. Due to the current corona virus situation, Travelodge are allowing amendments to bookings for free at the moment. I tried to see if I could amend my booking on-line to June 2021 but their website currently only allows bookings up to early February 2021.

Not wanting to lose my booking money, I spoke to Travelodge who advised me that bookings for June 2021 will not be available until late July/August so to amend my booking now to a future date e.g. January, for free and then to amend again when the June 2021 bookings become available. There may be a small fee to amend again (should the current situation resolve in the meantime) but saves having to cancel and potentially lose the full booking money, only to have to fork out again later. 

• Upvote 1

As a ticketless person, I'm really happy they've made the right decision. It means that it's likely that I might not set foot on the hallowed ground until June 2022, which is a sobering thought, but today isn't a day for me to wallow in self-pity. Michael, Emily and the whole team must be absolutely heartbroken for a multitude of reasons. But they'll come again, and so will you all, and the euphoria of going through those gates in 15 months will eclipse any sadness being felt today

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Quark said:

Cheers Woff, but not needed. Its one of the many troll accounts of jimbo. He doesn't like me since I pointed out how to mute his posts.

I think it frustrates him that he doesn't get reactions to his downvoting of me either.

Duly noted, dude  

I’ve been dipping in and out lately so not keeping up to date with troll-like behaviour.

Onwards & upwards. X

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

Really the ideal scenario for us ticket holders but I feel for those who don’t have a ticket. This years resale would have presented a chance to bag a ticket. Next years will be carnage. 

Nope this is correct, it wasn't just the 50th you had a ticket for it was the next festival which happens to be next year now. It's great for you lot and obviously people who didnt get a ticket will feel a 2nd and 3rd chance now.

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’m over the moon with this, it makes it so much more bearable, it’s lifted some serious gloom.

For those of you who missed out for 2020, you can actually take this as a big positive too.

Forget the year of the festival, that’s just semantics. We all tried in the main sale some got tickets some failed. For those who failed a lot would’ve tried in the resale 6 months later. That resale has been postponed for a further 6 months. The drop off rate will therefore be even bigger than normal, so you actually now have a better chance of getting to the next festival than you would’ve.

That's not quite how I read it, but I may be wrong.  As I see it, 2020 is gone, so we're now only interested in 2021.  Those with a ticket for 2020 have until September to request a refund, or can hold on to it for 2021 (which is fair, I believe, even as a non-ticket holder!).

After the September deadline has passed, there will just be a normal October general sale for 2021.  You'll have even less chance than a normal October sale as a significant proportion of the tickets will already be held by those who elected not to get a refund so there will be less available.

Then there'll be a normal resale in April 2021. 

3 hours ago, DeadAmos said:

I feel sorry for all the people who have already spent lots of money on travel and campervans

Congrats to the peeps with tickets , see you in 2021 :)

Spoke to the motorhome company who I had booked through today and they have offered to keep the booking intact and roll it over once the dates are announced next year.  Nice of them as I was expecting to lose a fairly large deposit.  I think that there was a clause in the booking that it could be re-booked before a certain cut off date.

It's good for those of us that have tickets that things have been rolled over, but I'm finding it a struggle to be happy at the moment as I have friends in the events industry who are self employed and have literally had all of their income for the foreseeable future disappear within a matter of days.  I'm just really hoping that the situation improves sooner than later for all involved and then I can start looking forward to next year.

32 minutes ago, Skelts said:

That's not quite how I read it, but I may be wrong.  As I see it, 2020 is gone, so we're now only interested in 2021.  Those with a ticket for 2020 have until September to request a refund, or can hold on to it for 2021 (which is fair, I believe, even as a non-ticket holder!).

After the September deadline has passed, there will just be a normal October general sale for 2021.  You'll have even less chance than a normal October sale as a significant proportion of the tickets will already be held by those who elected not to get a refund so there will be less available.

Then there'll be a normal resale in April 2021. 

Yes how I’ve described it is technically not how it is, but I’m trying to but a positive spin on it for those who will be trying for 2021.

2020 will never have happened, there is no festival for anyone. The resale for the very next festival has just been delayed from April to a October. Those who missed out for 2020 will have either have been trying in April for the next festival, but as it’s been cancelled they will be trying in October for the next festival instead.

I appreciate that given the cancellation it would’ve been preferable for tickets to have not rolled over for those who failed for 2020, but as it has been cancelled their opportunity to attend the next available festival has just shifted further into the future.

11 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yes how I’ve described it is technically not how it is, but I’m trying to but a positive spin on it for those who will be trying for 2021.

2020 will never have happened, there is no festival for anyone. The resale for the very next festival has just been delayed from April to a October. Those who missed out for 2020 will have either have been trying in April for the next festival, but as it’s been cancelled they will be trying in October for the next festival instead.

I appreciate that given the cancellation it would’ve been preferable for tickets to have not rolled over for those who failed for 2020, but as it has been cancelled their opportunity to attend the next available festival has just shifted further into the future.

Fair enough mate, admirable positivity!  I wish they'd keep the resale next month but for 2021, I'd fancy my chances then!