Tickets can be rolled over

guypjfreak

2 minutes ago, DeadAmos said:

I feel sorry for all the people who have already spent lots of money on travel and campervans

Congrats to the peeps with tickets , see you in 2021 :)

Feeling more positive today - Discovered my "Flex" ferry ticket is fully refundable (£700 back) and we will just have to spend the last week of June touring the West coast of Ireland in the campervan!  Not were I wanted to be, but will make the most of it.

Biggest Positive is knowing we will be there in June 2021

18 minutes ago, Absolute Otter said:

They shouldn't allow people to roll over tickets, nor get refunds. It might reduce pressure on tickets once this is all over if loads of people (who are probably loaded anyway) have been stung this year. They might go skiing instead in future.

Jim, is that you?

1 minute ago, DTichborne said:

After two years of failure, I got in for Glastonbury 2020. Count me in for the efforts in trying to help people on here in the eventual resale. There should be more tickets this time, with the refunded people plus the defaulters next April. 

There will definitely be more in the resale next year, as, inevitably, some who currently have tickets will sadly not be able to attend next June  :(

I have to say that it would have been a huge shame had they not rolled over, and I am not in anyway surprised that they did. Glastonbury is unique. The whole emotional psychology behind it is different to every other event of its kind, and this is reflected in Emily and Michael too. For them to have done this is entirely in keeping with the spirit that they embody. It's SO much more than a business for them.

Of course, it's easy for me to take this position as a safe and secure ticket holder. But I genuinely believe that, had I been unlucky in October, I would have expected and supported a ticket rollover, for all the reasons above. Non-ticket holders will be no worse off than they are now and, because of the inevitable returns, slightly 'better off' in terms of their chances. How anyone can see that as anything but the 'fairest' way to stay true to Glastonbury's ideals is beyond me. It's exactly the same as the annual Ticket Day debate - Emily and Michael have heard all the arguments for ballot, London Marathon-type multiple-failure guaranteed entry, and they see the current model as the 'most fair'. 

Ben

• Like 1

I’m over the moon with this, it makes it so much more bearable, it’s lifted some serious gloom.

For those of you who missed out for 2020, you can actually take this as a big positive too.

Forget the year of the festival, that’s just semantics. We all tried in the main sale some got tickets some failed. For those who failed a lot would’ve tried in the resale 6 months later. That resale has been postponed for a further 6 months. The drop off rate will therefore be even bigger than normal, so you actually now have a better chance of getting to the next festival than you would’ve.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’m over the moon with this, it makes it so much more bearable, it’s lifted some serious gloom.

For those of you who missed out for 2020, you can actually take this as a big positive too.

Forget the year of the festival, that’s just semantics. We all tried in the main sale some got tickets some failed. For those who failed a lot would’ve tried in the resale 6 months later. That resale has been postponed for a further 6 months. The drop off rate will therefore be even bigger than normal, so you actually now have a better chance of getting to the next festival than you would’ve.

Sadly, I'm not so sure.

I think the April resale flies under the radar a bit more than the general sale in October. If they do a sale in October for all those who are putting tickets back in the pot, I'd say there will be a lot more trying than would be trying in April's resale.

Theres going to be a lot going for not many in October.

But i think the majority will hold on until next April and make a decison then - with a lot probably throwing them back in the pot so the April/May resale will have a lot more than usual - with the usual amount of resale crew trying!

10 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Sadly, I'm not so sure.

I think the April resale flies under the radar a bit more than the general sale in October. If they do a sale in October for all those who are putting tickets back in the pot, I'd say there will be a lot more trying than would be trying in April's resale.

Yes you may be right, but you could say in ordinary circumstances the resale pot for the 50th would’ve been fairly small. In the past couple of years the secret resales have completely gone due to ever Increasing popularity and strain on demand from extra contractors etc. The October sale will definitely be more popular, but with a much larger amount of tickets than there otherwise would’ve been. 

49 minutes ago, Username50 said:

What a smug topic. Why say we don’t need a thread discussing it. 

If we’re gonna be smug I’ll just put a ‘told you so’ about it being cancelled. 😏

I take it you don't have a ticket for 2021 then? I'm happy enough being smug. Let people be happy and have some sort of silver lining.

Edited by discgoesmic

56 minutes ago, Username50 said:

What a smug topic. Why say we don’t need a thread discussing it. 

If we’re gonna be smug I’ll just put a ‘told you so’ about it being cancelled. 😏

Well done mate.  You told us.

Gutted for you 😏

Edited by Gwladboy

19 minutes ago, phimill said:

Theres going to be a lot going for not many in October.

But i think the majority will hold on until next April and make a decison then - with a lot probably throwing them back in the pot so the April/May resale will have a lot more than usual - with the usual amount of resale crew trying!

I’ll probably be holding on to mine till April. Still a huge unknown if I’ll make it there or not. I won’t know more until I get my operation date. As long as I can stick my ticket back in the pot if I can’t use it I’m happy. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I’ll probably be holding on to mine till April. Still a huge unknown if I’ll make it there or not. I won’t know more until I get my operation date. As long as I can stick my ticket back in the pot if I can’t use it I’m happy. 

You'll be there next year pal. Cider in the sunshine at the efests meet x

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1