Classic sets for a Virtual Glasto June 2020

circus92

So having now sadly accepted that I won't be going through the gates at the end of June for the first time ever this year, I reckon I will be watching some classics sets on TV.  I know it is no comparison, but we need to make the most of what we have until 2021.

So my idea is that the BBC are going to broadcast / stream 2 classic sets each night - a sub and a headliner, and a Sunday Legend Slot.

My Saturday night headliner would definitely be Coldplay 2016, but not sure about the rest.

So I thought it would be fun to ask all the veterans on here to nominate what you think would be the best sets to be shown -

Friday Sub -

Friday Headliner -

Saturday Sub -

Saturday Headliner -

Sunday Legend -

Sunday Sub -

Sunday Headliner -

Post your suggestions ....

Love it! though I'm going to have to cheat and use acts from different stages

Friday Sub - Chic (West Holts 2013) - I know it's technically a headliner set elsewhere but how better to get the party started?

Friday Headliner - Stevie Wonder

Saturday Sub - The XX (Pyramid 2017)

Saturday Headliner - The Rolling Stones

Sunday Legend - Dolly Parton

Sunday Sub - LCD Soundsystem (Other stage, 2016)

Sunday Headliner - Coldplay (Pyramid 2016) 

Just now, Kinkyinuit said:

Love it! though I'm going to have to cheat and use acts from different stages

Friday Sub - Chic (West Holts 2013) - I know it's technically a headliner set elsewhere but how better to get the party started?

Friday Headliner - Stevie Wonder

Saturday Sub - The XX (Pyramid 2017)

Saturday Headliner - The Rolling Stones

Sunday Legend - Dolly Parton

Sunday Sub - LCD Soundsystem (Other stage, 2016)

Sunday Headliner - Coldplay (Pyramid 2016) 

That's not cheating at all - doesn't have to be from the Pyramid.  Relaxed rules here 😃

Great idea!

Would be cool if someone makes a YouTube playlist of an 'ideal' Glastonbury 2020. I'm thinking Friday - Sunday, footage mainly from Glastonbury but other festivals/gigs too if necessary.

As opposed to doing full headline sets you could 'stack the bill' a bit more when needed... could also include Beatles footage    -> modern Macca footage I guess.

Obviously it would be better the more 'realistic' it was, as in having smaller acts lower down the bill. Could always skip them if people want to.

I'll maybe give it a go but don't have the musical knowledge for it probably.

Edited by northernringo

cool, ok lets see...

Friday Sub - David Gray 03

Friday Headliner - Levellers 94

Saturday Sub - all day, up to Metallica, at The Blues stage

Saturday Headliner - Metallica

Sunday Legend - Neil Diamond

Sunday Sub - Eddy Grant Jazz World 08

Sunday Headliner - Prodigy 09 NME stage

Does anyone know people at the BBC?

We can suggest they broadcast loads of sets from previous festivals over the weekend so people can have virtual festivals in their homes/gardens?

When we don't manage to get tickets we do this anyway....big screen up, barbeque in the garden etc....its a poor substitute for the real thing but we have a laugh and a boogie😁

57 minutes ago, Cjs benno said:

Does anyone know people at the BBC?

We can suggest they broadcast loads of sets from previous festivals over the weekend so people can have virtual festivals in their homes/gardens?

When we don't manage to get tickets we do this anyway....big screen up, barbeque in the garden etc....its a poor substitute for the real thing but we have a laugh and a boogie😁

I dont but we can gather momentum .... how about someone sets up a twitter account .... with a linked name ... or we get something trending