Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

ill try and ease some worries on this front although it  might not become immediately obvious...  from my point of view as a supermarket worker .... over the last decade or so shops have begun to hold less backup stock so supply would go straight to shelf  now ... over the last couple of days supermarkets have started to impose restrictions and item limits ... for asda a 3 item restriction and you can see back door deliveries increasing .... for my particular store that means an extra 50 pallets of stock .... and ive no doubt more extra fresh food too ... so this will start to be seen soon .... please try not to worry about food 

Thanks. You’re doing a great job! I just wish the public weren't such complete tools. 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

ill try and ease some worries on this front although it  might not become immediately obvious...  from my point of view as a supermarket worker .... over the last decade or so shops have begun to hold less backup stock so supply would go straight to shelf  now ... over the last couple of days supermarkets have started to impose restrictions and item limits ... for asda a 3 item restriction and you can see back door deliveries increasing .... for my particular store that means an extra 50 pallets of stock .... and ive no doubt more extra fresh food too ... so this will start to be seen soon .... please try not to worry about food 

Crazyfool1 and all your fellow supermarket colleagues you are doing a great job and dont deserve all the abuse your getting! Being part of frontline services going to the shops to buy a chocolate bar or cake is what is keeping us going! Thank you! 

8 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Thanks. You’re doing a great job! I just wish the public weren't such complete tools. 

1 minute ago, funkychick2007 said:

Crazyfool1 and all your fellow supermarket colleagues you are doing a great job and dont deserve all the abuse your getting! Being part of frontline services going to the shops to buy a chocolate bar or cake is what is keeping us going! Thank you! 

cheers guys :) ... unfortunately it doesnt look like im going to be able to help and support them much longer .... gutted :( 

Prince Philip is dead.

Heard from a few 'sources'. Holding back on releasing the news due to obvious current events. Possibly no public funeral.

P.S. I hope he's not of course AND one of those sources told me he died a few months ago, from which he clearly made a miraculous recovery. Only posting this time due to hearing from 3 different people.

Edited by Gilb

23 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Prince Philip is dead.

Heard from a few 'sources'. Holding back on releasing the news due to obvious current events. Possibly no public funeral.

P.S. I hope he's not of course AND one of those sources told me he died a few months ago, from which he clearly made a miraculous recovery. Only posting this time due to hearing from 3 different people.

Hoax

1 hour ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I actually feel better now than I did the day after lineup drop.

Me too. It was clearly not happening, and having this weird event happening that was supposed to be exciting being undercut by the fact that is was total fantasy made it all a bit horrible.

Now we're heading towards a new normal, heads down for a few months while we weather the storm. It's going to be brutal, but it's becoming a little less uncertain, at least in the short term.

34 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Prince Philip is dead.

If I had a pound for every time Prince Phillip had “died” I could pay off my balance for 2021 right now!

40 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Hoax

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

are you sure this isn't just the internet being the internet.

28 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It looks like the Prince Philip thing has come from a screenshot of a WhatsApp message. Surely a hoax?

Yes for sure. And I got suckered in. Again! DOH! 😇

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1257177/prince-philip-health-latest-duke-of-edinburgh-dead-false-rumour-coronavirus

2 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I am a pharmacist and my god we have been treated like shit by the vast majority of patients today. We will also be the last ones to close too.

I always make a point of being polite. It does strike me that people can get a bit snippy with people providing things that make them better. 

Imagine getting an E of your dealer and pulling that shit. You'd get a clip around the ear at best. 

Gutted about the fest this year and bittersweet feelings about the tickets rolling over. I'm lucky in that I have one, but I know some who are so dedicated to the fest will probably have even less of a chance than normal, depending on the number of tickets returned.

The Eavii made the right decision in the end. Peas and love to everyone who didn't secure tickets for 2020, I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities to get some for next year!

2021 is gonna be a blinder!

2 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

They said they will be posting more information later in the week, imagine they will be similar dates next year (week beginning June 21st)

2 hours ago, Barchos said:

Does anyone know the likely dates of Glastonbury 2021? 
Sorry if it’s already been mentioned 😘

its Claimed that it will be Wednesday 23rd to Sunday 27th June 2021

Although at this time I do have my doubts that we will be out of the woods and we could end up with Glastonbury 2021 also being cancelled.

Time will tell - this is going to rip though the festival scene and I reckon that many well knowing festivals will go under.

15 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

its Claimed that it will be Wednesday 23rd to Sunday 27th June 2021

Although at this time I do have my doubts that we will be out of the woods and we could end up with Glastonbury 2021 also being cancelled.

Time will tell - this is going to rip though the festival scene and I reckon that many well knowing festivals will go under.

why is it you think that about Glasto 2021?

Not sure about glasto-workers views but we are n the very early stages of this thing and nobody knows where it's going to take us. Hopefully this time next year it'll be long gone but I also have my doubts. Everyday life may become easier but with no vaccine on the horizon the risk factors may still be there regarding self distancing and crowds.

edit, sorry! 

Edited by Cooter