StoneCircle

Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

44 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Assuming it isn't primary, tell her to get registered on first tutors. My other half is a teacher and does some tutoring in the evenings for extra cash. She is constantly having to refuse work, so there is plenty of work out there, maybe moreso now with schools being closed. 

That is so true - there will be a new market for online tutors where maybe there wasn't as much before. Especially with parents wanting kids to keep up to date ahead of potential exams. 

16 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

That is so true - there will be a new market for online tutors where maybe there wasn't as much before. Especially with parents wanting kids to keep up to date ahead of potential exams. 

Education SoS giving a statement to the House at 5.  Would expect it to cover both school closures and exam arrangements...

I’m hearing gossip of members of the armed forces getting their leave cancelled.

Hopefully this is just gossip and we don’t end up in a full lockdown. 

Couple of reserves in our office have had a call from mod....

25 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m hearing gossip of members of the armed forces getting their leave cancelled.

I've heard the same thing. A few people I know who have family members in the forces have said they've told they're going to be watching the streets etc.

26 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It's coming. Just watched the PM's presser.  He was asked repeatedly about shutting down London because people there don't seem to be following the advice to stay at home. 

27 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

That just makes sense though, doesn't it?

Doesn't mean they're going to be used for a lockdown, might just need their help.

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Are you based in Liverpool / the Wirral?

I’m concerned about a full lockdown, I live on my own and whilst I like it I worry how it’s gonna be not seeing anyone. Hopefully it’s not for long.

How are people doing today?

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I’m concerned about a full lockdown, I live on my own and whilst I like it I worry how it’s gonna be not seeing anyone. Hopefully it’s not for long.

I was feeling alright but now starting to worry about my job. The company I work for are huge... global.. but with that it means they have thousands of employees. Here's hoping the lockdown doesn't last too long as the longer it goes on the less confident I will feel about having a job at the end of it. 
I am aware that pretty much everyone else will be feeling exactly the same!

Given the statement said there would be severe financial implications for the festival themselves, do we think there will be any noticeable impact on the festival next year as a result of this? Really hope there wouldn't be not just for us but the festival/area organisers themselves.

Almost definitely a full lockdown from next week in london. I'm hoping for 2 weeks but assuming a month

Just now, zahidf said:

Almost definitely a full lockdown from next week in london. I'm hoping for 2 weeks but assuming a month

where have you heard this from? Just interested as keep seeing rumours on social media but haven't seen this from a reliable source as yet

Just now, tigger123 said:

where have you heard this from? Just interested as keep seeing rumours on social media but haven't seen this from a reliable source as yet

Ft

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

How do we all think this is going to work in the long run? Lock down London for 2-4 weeks, then when they come out of lockdown the cities that are then where London are now go into lockdown?

The above sounds like something we would only type if writing a zombie movie. Mad.

20 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Video calls and WhatsApp groups could hopefully help a tad - I've set up those for my group of friends and they seem pretty active.  

17 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I was feeling alright but now starting to worry about my job. The company I work for are huge... global.. but with that it means they have thousands of employees. Here's hoping the lockdown doesn't last too long as the longer it goes on the less confident I will feel about having a job at the end of it. 

Hopefully everyone being in the same boat will help. The rich will continue to stay rich and the rest will be poorer, but at the end of the day they need us to have money to consume so hopefully sense will prevail 

27 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m feeling really really low to be honest. 

13 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

How do we all think this is going to work in the long run? Lock down London for 2-4 weeks, then when they come out of lockdown the cities that are then where London are now go into lockdown?

The above sounds like something we would only type if writing a zombie movie. Mad.

London plus other areas that are showing more concerning infection increase rates which will be dealt with on a case by case and area by area basis. Clapham will have a different risk factor to Berwick.

23 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I think everyone’s in the same boat mate, I hope you’ll be ok!

Whatsapp chats will have to do, virtual drinking maybe. Fortunately I’m more used to being on my own and like it so hopefully it’ll be fine!

1 minute ago, ModernMan said:

I’m feeling really really low to be honest. 

Sorry to hear that. Can I help?

The one things that’s helped me is the thought that the tickets have carried over. It’s small but something.