Jump to content

Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.


StoneCircle
 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m hearing gossip of members of the armed forces getting their leave cancelled.

Hopefully this is just gossip and we don’t end up in a full lockdown. 

I've heard the same thing. A few people I know who have family members in the forces have said they've told they're going to be watching the streets etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m hearing gossip of members of the armed forces getting their leave cancelled.

Hopefully this is just gossip and we don’t end up in a full lockdown. 

It's coming. Just watched the PM's presser.  He was asked repeatedly about shutting down London because people there don't seem to be following the advice to stay at home. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m hearing gossip of members of the armed forces getting their leave cancelled.

Hopefully this is just gossip and we don’t end up in a full lockdown. 

That just makes sense though, doesn't it?

Doesn't mean they're going to be used for a lockdown, might just need their help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

That is so true - there will be a new market for online tutors where maybe there wasn't as much before. Especially with parents wanting kids to keep up to date ahead of potential exams. 

Are you based in Liverpool / the Wirral?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I’m concerned about a full lockdown, I live on my own and whilst I like it I worry how it’s gonna be not seeing anyone. Hopefully it’s not for long.

 

How are people doing today?

I was feeling alright but now starting to worry about my job. The company I work for are huge... global.. but with that it means they have thousands of employees. Here's hoping the lockdown doesn't last too long as the longer it goes on the less confident I will feel about having a job at the end of it. 
I am aware that pretty much everyone else will be feeling exactly the same!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given the statement said there would be severe financial implications for the festival themselves, do we think there will be any noticeable impact on the festival next year as a result of this? Really hope there wouldn't be not just for us but the festival/area organisers themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, zahidf said:

Almost definitely a full lockdown from next week in london. I'm hoping for 2 weeks but assuming a month

where have you heard this from? Just interested as keep seeing rumours on social media but haven't seen this from a reliable source as yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Almost definitely a full lockdown from next week in london. I'm hoping for 2 weeks but assuming a month

How do we all think this is going to work in the long run? Lock down London for 2-4 weeks, then when they come out of lockdown the cities that are then where London are now go into lockdown?

The above sounds like something we would only type if writing a zombie movie. Mad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m concerned about a full lockdown, I live on my own and whilst I like it I worry how it’s gonna be not seeing anyone. Hopefully it’s not for long.

 

How are people doing today?

Video calls and WhatsApp groups could hopefully help a tad - I've set up those for my group of friends and they seem pretty active.  

17 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I was feeling alright but now starting to worry about my job. The company I work for are huge... global.. but with that it means they have thousands of employees. Here's hoping the lockdown doesn't last too long as the longer it goes on the less confident I will feel about having a job at the end of it. 
I am aware that pretty much everyone else will be feeling exactly the same!

Hopefully everyone being in the same boat will help. The rich will continue to stay rich and the rest will be poorer, but at the end of the day they need us to have money to consume so hopefully sense will prevail 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m concerned about a full lockdown, I live on my own and whilst I like it I worry how it’s gonna be not seeing anyone. Hopefully it’s not for long.

 

How are people doing today?

I’m feeling really really low to be honest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

How do we all think this is going to work in the long run? Lock down London for 2-4 weeks, then when they come out of lockdown the cities that are then where London are now go into lockdown?

The above sounds like something we would only type if writing a zombie movie. Mad.

London plus other areas that are showing more concerning infection increase rates which will be dealt with on a case by case and area by area basis. Clapham will have a different risk factor to Berwick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I was feeling alright but now starting to worry about my job. The company I work for are huge... global.. but with that it means they have thousands of employees. Here's hoping the lockdown doesn't last too long as the longer it goes on the less confident I will feel about having a job at the end of it. 
I am aware that pretty much everyone else will be feeling exactly the same!

I think everyone’s in the same boat mate, I hope you’ll be ok!

 

Whatsapp chats will have to do, virtual drinking maybe. Fortunately I’m more used to being on my own and like it so hopefully it’ll be fine!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sorry to hear that. Can I help?


The one things that’s helped me is the thought that the tickets have carried over. It’s small but something. 

I am very thankful for that and it’s a small light at the end of the tunnel. I think it’s all just becoming quite difficult to comprehend; lockdowns, telling your parents to stay indoors, anxiety, wondering if you’ll keep your job, wondering how we will all cope or how everything will look in a month or six months. 
 

I love Glastonbury and I think that going is kind of the deck of cards tumbling, a realisation that life is going to be quite bleak for a while. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...