Jump to content
StoneCircle

Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

Recommended Posts

Just now, ModernMan said:

I can’t see any reasons why they couldn’t release a similar statement to bearded theory. Clutching definitely but it would feel incredible after tonight 😂 

lets see if there is any news after the meeting tomorrow people have mentioned, we will either be surprised or have already digested the news of the cancellation of everyone's favorite festival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Ach, I’m out. This thread has taken a nasty turn.

how is your boyfriend doing Tartan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cheddar Valley said:

Untrue apart from bogrolls.  Ive been known to let my heart rule my head when it comes to Glasto for which I apologise to everybody with my perhaps stupid and lack of grammar comments.  People are dying and yes it's only a festival.

So please once again accept my apologies.

Be safe everybody and let's hope 2021 will be one to remember 

Don't apologise for expressing your feelings! 

I feel gutted too. 

'Just a festival' doesn't cut it with me. For many reasons, it has become a huge thing for me.

For others, it is bigger still, and their MH is affected by the event.

In solidarity with you, and not ashamed that I had a little cry!

Let's be kind, people. You never know what people are coping with from day to day, on top of this bastard virus x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt42 said:

how is your boyfriend doing Tartan?

He’s still feeling pretty rubbish. His temp is up and down though hasn’t gone back to the fever he originally had. The cough is still there and it just sounds horrible, once he starts it takes him a bit to control it. Defo better than he was on Friday/Saturday though. Thanks for asking :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

He’s still feeling pretty rubbish. His temp is up and down though hasn’t gone back to the fever he originally had. The cough is still there and it just sounds horrible, once he starts it takes him a bit to control it. Defo better than he was on Friday/Saturday though. Thanks for asking :)

Are you maintaining some kind of distance? Or do you feel like there's a high chance that whatever he has you will probably have too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty gutted by this. Was looking forward to returning to the farm but evidently it just isn't possible this year.

I'm hoping that Le Guess Who?, End Of The Road and this proposed Primavera Sound postponement are all able to go ahead but it really is looking bleak right now. I'm pretty certain that both The Great Escape and BST (Kendrick day) will be scrapped. As others have said, I consider myself very fortunate to not have either my job/business or life in jeopardy but all these cancellations really are gutting. Hopefully our tickets get rolled over to 2021! 

Edited by Guy Incognito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never mind about the music festival here’s some good news regarding the massive public health issue:  

China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.

Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

Apple reopens all 42 china stores,

Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.

Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.

Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.

A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.

Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.

All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.

Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Are you maintaining some kind of distance? Or do you feel like there's a high chance that whatever he has you will probably have too?

We live in a two bed flat so there’s not a whole lot of distance keeping we can do. I’m going under the assumption there’s a high chance I could catch whatever it is. Just following the advice to isolate for 14 days. Thankfully neither of us have any underlying health issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

Never mind about the music festival here’s some good news regarding the massive public health issue:  

China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.

Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

Apple reopens all 42 china stores,

Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.

Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.

Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.

A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.

Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.

All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.

Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

I saw Jon Ronson post this on twitter but there was some debate over sources and validity of all the information.
 

If it’s true then yes it’s great news tho

Edited by ModernMan
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dogeggs said:

Seems as reasonable as any other guess...this situation is pretty unprecedented after all. 
It would be nice if Emily gave us a slither of good news along with the bad news...

The thing is that they were given a blueprint last week of what can be done and whats ideal after the Coachella postponement.  You secure the headliners and go from there. 
 

And I forgot, Diana Ross stays as the legend slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough day all things considered. First day working from home already feels like this is going to be difficult to last the duration. I should be glad as I have a very secure job that allows me the chance to carry on, but the glasto news has really knocked me for six. It feels like there is really nothing to look forward to now until life resumes back to normal. Hopefully you guys are finding some positive thoughts amongst the sadness. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

I saw Jon Ronson post this on twitter but there was some debate over sources and validity of all the information.
 

If it’s true then yes it’s great news tho

I shared a tweet like that, but was deleted. Presumably some of it isn't true, but much of it sounds plausible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JezzaBelle said:

Don't apologise for expressing your feelings! 

I feel gutted too. 

'Just a festival' doesn't cut it with me. For many reasons, it has become a huge thing for me.

For others, it is bigger still, and their MH is affected by the event.

In solidarity with you, and not ashamed that I had a little cry!

Let's be kind, people. You never know what people are coping with from day to day, on top of this bastard virus x

Thanks.  I was getting a bit of flack for being selfish.  I love the festival and been going for years. 

Edited by Cheddar Valley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I shared a tweet like that, but was deleted. Presumably some of it isn't true, but much of it sounds plausible.

They are easy enough to fact check for example story 1 about the temporary hospitals in Wuhan closing:  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-medical-workers-remove-masks-after-last-temporary-hospital-closes-2020-3%3famp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smeble said:

This thread is pretty sickening, I know Glastonbury means lot to people on here, but people are dying in their thousands, people are struggling financially, businesses will go bust, homeless shelters are closing, people are trapped abroad, and people on here are squabbling over whether they are entitled to a ticket to a festival next year because they had one for this year and others are complaining that they won’t be able to go to it for 2 years blah blah blah.

get a grip, it’s a festival, who cares? People are dying FFS.

People can hold more than one thought in their heads

People can worry about more than one thing at once.

I've had symptoms so I'm currently self isolating. Pretty sure I don't have it but your mind does go to some weird places. I made my peace with the festival cancelling a few days ago but I'll be fucking devastated when it gets confirmed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smeble said:

This thread is pretty sickening, I know Glastonbury means lot to people on here, but people are dying in their thousands, people are struggling financially, businesses will go bust, homeless shelters are closing, people are trapped abroad, and people on here are squabbling over whether they are entitled to a ticket to a festival next year because they had one for this year and others are complaining that they won’t be able to go to it for 2 years blah blah blah.

get a grip, it’s a festival, who cares? People are dying FFS.

To be fair, this is a festival website so people are obviously going to be talking about the impact to the festival.

If you want to talk about Coronavirus in general, there are loads of other forums on other websites you can look at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad news if this is confirmed officially tomorrow. I don't even have a ticket for this year but was hoping for some success in April. Absolutely gutted for everyone who already had their golden ticket!! It's an absolute shit show at the moment, all we can do is look after each other, ride it out and hope that life will be back to normal in the not too distant future 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a chance (don’t shoot me down here), that they may pull this too early? It’s very feasible that things would look a lot more positive in a month. And if they don’t, call it then? Perfectly understandable to push back balance deadline week until end of April. 
 

I understand there are a lot of moving parts but it just seems mad to cancel now three months away when others haven’t yet made the call. I know it’s a huge festival but I couldn’t bear the thought of cancellation, and then end of April things looking good, then into May restrictions all lifted etc etc. 
 

Maybe the meeting and subsequent announcement if it comes tomorrow will be a bit more than just “it’s cancelled”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, JezzaBelle said:

Don't apologise for expressing your feelings! 

I feel gutted too. 

'Just a festival' doesn't cut it with me. For many reasons, it has become a huge thing for me.

For others, it is bigger still, and their MH is affected by the event.

In solidarity with you, and not ashamed that I had a little cry!

Let's be kind, people. You never know what people are coping with from day to day, on top of this bastard virus x

its not "Just a Festival", it's HOME! 

 

It's where my family are, a unique unjudgemental world, my Happy Place, almost a dream which always ends to soon. 

I always cry as I walk on site, shouting "Hi honey, I'm home",( just like that awesome scene in Jumanji) and pack up with tears in my eyes, knowing it's time to go, on that hateful Monday morning. 

Been going for than half my life, never missed one since 1995. This was going to be my 25 years since I first went, celebration. 

This was the biggest most important thing to me, and my MH.. A final escape from this bastard world, and the pricks who control it. 

 

See you in a field, xx

 

Funk xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

They are easy enough to fact check for example story 1 about the temporary hospitals in Wuhan closing:  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-medical-workers-remove-masks-after-last-temporary-hospital-closes-2020-3%3famp

True. There's a lot though and I'm already spending every waking hours thinking+reading about this virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as this is painful for those who have tickets (including me) it's the right thing to do. 

No one could have predicted the recent events, I for one was definitely in the 'NO' camp on the original, 'Corona Virus should we be worried?' thread - but things have definitely escalated in an unprecedented way.

Glastonbury festival will survive, however there's  thousands of people, thousands of businesses and people's livelihoods that won't survive and will suffer as a result of what's going on.

Yes it's really disappointing, but try to stay positive for what you have. Hopefully everyone is ok health wise and can get through the tough times that will be ahead.

As has been said if anyone that's struggling needs a random to talk to drop me a dm

 

Edited by Clubber Lang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Is there a chance (don’t shoot me down here), that they may pull this too early? It’s very feasible that things would look a lot more positive in a month. And if they don’t, call it then? Perfectly understandable to push back balance deadline week until end of April. 
 

I understand there are a lot of moving parts but it just seems mad to cancel now three months away when others haven’t yet made the call. I know it’s a huge festival but I couldn’t bear the thought of cancellation, and then end of April things looking good, then into May restrictions all lifted etc etc. 
 

Maybe the meeting and subsequent announcement if it comes tomorrow will be a bit more than just “it’s cancelled”.

I don’t think so, peak is maybe 10-12 weeks from now just before the festival, even after we peak there will be a lot of cases and potentially hideous stories about the NHS buckling and people dying because of it. The government have pulled support for emergency services which pretty much makes it impossible. The peak may even be later, we just don’t know. The government have also made a statement today regarding their measures being enough to trigger any policies that cover pandemics to pay out, that may or may not actually be true but if it’s taken at face value then now is the perfect time to cancel. They can potentially claim on insurance for some outlay they’ve already made and avoid wasting a penny more. There is also the issue of air travel being banned between here and the US, artists cancelling tours, and many of the high profile acts being well over the age that our government are suggesting should be staying indoors for four months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just really sorry for some of the amazing traders, some of them are just so talented and make Glastonbury, Glastonbury!

To the Eavis’, I just hope that cancelling it, won’t set them back financially and there can be future festivals.

I haven’t got a ticket, and obviously my bias opinion is, that it’s not the right thing to carry tickets on, you buy tickets for 2020, not 2021. I’ve been unfortunate enough to miss Glastonbury for the past couple of years, so I’d be somewhat disappointed if I couldn’t try again come October.

But the reality is, people are dying, starving and people are losing their jobs due to COVID-19, and what happens with tickets isn’t a massive thing to me.

However, if I’m lucky enough To get a ticket again or in 2021, I just hope some of the amazing independent traders who make Glastonbury amazing will still be there, and this virus isn’t going to hurt their business 🤞🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smeble said:

This thread is pretty sickening, I know Glastonbury means lot to people on here, but people are dying in their thousands, people are struggling financially, businesses will go bust, homeless shelters are closing, people are trapped abroad, and people on here are squabbling over whether they are entitled to a ticket to a festival next year because they had one for this year and others are complaining that they won’t be able to go to it for 2 years blah blah blah.

get a grip, it’s a festival, who cares? People are dying FFS.

4 downvotes for saying people dying is more important than a festival. You must all be so proud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...