Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

2 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

These forums will be dead 3 days after the announcement.

Guessing you've not been here for a fallow year then? Theres new music to discuss, 2021 headliners to guess, simpsons memes to post...

Loads to stay for

• Upvote 4

I feel strangely ok about it all to be honest. Maybe it’s because this has been expected for a while or it’s because there are bigger things to worry about right now than a music festival, but this is a shit thing that is affecting the entire planet. There’ll be much worse happening to other people than us.

I physically can’t type anything... I feel throttled. I don’t know what to say at all. I feel numb, I’m not distraught but I’m just stone faced.

It won’t sink in until the following months roll in and the weather gets warmer, yet we’ve got nothing to look forward to. I feel at this point we have an entire year under lock down and this will fundamentally affect people’s public mood. We have to fight how fucking depressing some things are about to get.

From now, I’m vowing myself to no longer engage in the negative. I’m going to try and find a positive in anything that happens, even if things factually get worse. It’s not ignoring reality, it’s trying to find ways to fix reality. Let’s work together, let’s love eachother, let’s reach out to those who need it. Young people... let’s step up and help those older than us.

Before this happened we were in an incredibly divided society. Let’s emerge out the other end unrecognisable and more compassionate towards eachother. Let’s all work together and make things better.

WE DO live in a society, because when shit gets as bad as this, we only have one thing left.... and that’s eachother.

Thats my say.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, D-Low said:

I'd be equally devastated with a rescheduled date. I'd never get the time off work.

Not sure why people are slating others for feeling deflated though. This festival means everything to me. I've never been one for holidays or going abroad often so this was technically my annual break away. I work all year and so many factors have to align for me to be on the farm from time off work, family health, gaining a ticket. To have it snatched from us in such cruel circumstances that are completely out of our hands is devastating.

Ah, let's give everyone some slack. Some of us are gutted about the festival, some of us are more frightened about losing their livelihoods or lives.

You can all vent on here as far as I'm concerned, I'm here for you as much as a person typing on a message board can be (admittedly not much)

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Yeah...much more professional to let it slip to one of your kids and have them leak it on Insta eh?

You're prob right though.

There’s not a huge pressing need to let a council know really. It doesn’t impact on the organisation of the event. You’d tell the acts and suppliers first I think. And they’re a close family clearly.

I’m surprised it’s on social media but the council not knowing is a red herring. They may well be informing them tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, strummer77 said:

There’s not a huge pressing need to let a council know really. It doesn’t impact on the organisation of the event. You’d tell the acts and suppliers first I think. And they’re a close family clearly.

I’m surprised it’s on social media but the council not knowing is a red herring. They may well be informing them tomorrow. 

It wasnt open social media though, it was Facebook which can only be seen by people you've chosen to accept 

2 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Must keep the faith that they follow suit like Blue Dot honouring tickets. It's all we have left :(

Blue Dot is an un-sold out festival that is depending on the return of people for the next festival. Glastonbury has no such problem, and everybody’s 2020 tickets are now invalid as they are for a nonexistent festival. I know it sucks for people to think that their October ticket success was for nothing, but thats unfortunately just how it’s fallen this year. I’d be shocked if tickets were carried over. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Blue Dot is an un-sold out festival that is depending on the return of people for the next festival. Glastonbury has no such problem, and everybody’s 2020 tickets are now invalid as they are for a nonexistent festival. I know it sucks for people to think that their October ticket success was for nothing, but thats unfortunately just how it’s fallen this year. I’d be shocked if tickets were carried over. 

There are people that would be astonished if ticket holders didn’t get first choice on 2021 too, it’s been done to death. Nobody knows, the voices are louder for them to not carry over because more people don’t have tickets than do