Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

23 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Prince Philip is dead.

Heard from a few 'sources'. Holding back on releasing the news due to obvious current events. Possibly no public funeral.

P.S. I hope he's not of course AND one of those sources told me he died a few months ago, from which he clearly made a miraculous recovery. Only posting this time due to hearing from 3 different people.

Hoax

1 hour ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I actually feel better now than I did the day after lineup drop.

Me too. It was clearly not happening, and having this weird event happening that was supposed to be exciting being undercut by the fact that is was total fantasy made it all a bit horrible.

Now we're heading towards a new normal, heads down for a few months while we weather the storm. It's going to be brutal, but it's becoming a little less uncertain, at least in the short term.

34 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Prince Philip is dead.

Heard from a few 'sources'. Holding back on releasing the news due to obvious current events. Possibly no public funeral.

P.S. I hope he's not of course AND one of those sources told me he died a few months ago, from which he clearly made a miraculous recovery. Only posting this time due to hearing from 3 different people.

If I had a pound for every time Prince Phillip had “died” I could pay off my balance for 2021 right now!

40 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Hoax

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

are you sure this isn't just the internet being the internet.

28 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It looks like the Prince Philip thing has come from a screenshot of a WhatsApp message. Surely a hoax?

Yes for sure. And I got suckered in. Again! DOH! 😇

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1257177/prince-philip-health-latest-duke-of-edinburgh-dead-false-rumour-coronavirus

2 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I am a pharmacist and my god we have been treated like shit by the vast majority of patients today. We will also be the last ones to close too.

I always make a point of being polite. It does strike me that people can get a bit snippy with people providing things that make them better. 

Imagine getting an E of your dealer and pulling that shit. You'd get a clip around the ear at best. 

Gutted about the fest this year and bittersweet feelings about the tickets rolling over. I'm lucky in that I have one, but I know some who are so dedicated to the fest will probably have even less of a chance than normal, depending on the number of tickets returned.

The Eavii made the right decision in the end. Peas and love to everyone who didn't secure tickets for 2020, I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities to get some for next year!

2021 is gonna be a blinder!

2 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

They said they will be posting more information later in the week, imagine they will be similar dates next year (week beginning June 21st)

2 hours ago, Barchos said:

Does anyone know the likely dates of Glastonbury 2021? 
Sorry if it’s already been mentioned 😘

its Claimed that it will be Wednesday 23rd to Sunday 27th June 2021

Although at this time I do have my doubts that we will be out of the woods and we could end up with Glastonbury 2021 also being cancelled.

Time will tell - this is going to rip though the festival scene and I reckon that many well knowing festivals will go under.

15 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

its Claimed that it will be Wednesday 23rd to Sunday 27th June 2021

Although at this time I do have my doubts that we will be out of the woods and we could end up with Glastonbury 2021 also being cancelled.

Time will tell - this is going to rip though the festival scene and I reckon that many well knowing festivals will go under.

why is it you think that about Glasto 2021?

Not sure about glasto-workers views but we are n the very early stages of this thing and nobody knows where it's going to take us. Hopefully this time next year it'll be long gone but I also have my doubts. Everyday life may become easier but with no vaccine on the horizon the risk factors may still be there regarding self distancing and crowds.

edit, sorry! 

Edited by Cooter

23 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Hopefully this time next year it'll be long gone but I also have my doubts.

unfortunately, if the NHS ran at full ramped-up capacity (about 15,000 critical care beds) treating the hospitalised, only around 45% of the population could have had the virus and acquired immunity by this time next year. :(

For comparison, Germany (with a slightly bigger population) has 25,000 critical care beds as standard, and can (and is) ramp-up to 50,000.

And when the UK did a pandemic simulation in 2016 and discovered it needed to have many more respirators in reserve.... it did absolutely fuck all. 😠 

5 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

why is it you think that about Glasto 2021?

48 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Not sure about glasto-workers views but we are n the very early stages of this thing and nobody knows where it's going to take us. Hopefully this time next year it'll be long gone but I also have my doubts. Everyday life may become easier but with no vaccine on the horizon the risk factors may still be there regarding self distancing and crowds.

edit, sorry! 

I am a retired University of London lecturer and for some period of time I used to teach statistician's who were doing their PhD's and many were using Predictive analytics so I know how crucial it is to input all the correct data and as far as I can see no one in the UK has the correct data so any predictions are bound to be flawed - everyone should keep in their head GIGO {garbage in, garbage out}

I hope I am wrong but we may find that in 12 months time 'we may still be in uncharted waters'

I Too have doubts over 2021. Can’t see this being resolved anytime soon and would the festival really commit to another round of ticket sales, booking acts and everything else which must come at a cost  until they could be pretty confident the event could run next year. I certainly don’t think we’ll have that level of assurance by October for the normal ticket selling window. 
Also surely insurance that any of the companies involved in putting the festival together take out will now likely exclude pandemic/Coronavirus events - until suitable insurance was available could they even contemplate the event going ahead. I dunno. 

Edited by Splatt

43 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

unfortunately, if the NHS ran at full ramped-up capacity (about 15,000 critical care beds) treating the hospitalised, only around 45% of the population could have had the virus and acquired immunity by this time next year. :(

For comparison, Germany (with a slightly bigger population) has 25,000 critical care beds as standard, and can (and is) ramp-up to 50,000.

And when the UK did a pandemic simulation in 2016 and discovered it needed to have many more respirators in reserve.... it did absolutely fuck all. 😠 

Whats the assumption on % of cases needing to be hospitalised/ length of stay here? 

2 minutes ago, wilby-wilbert said:

Whats the assumption on % of cases needing to be hospitalised/ length of stay here? 

it's my own dodgy calc that I did in my head a few days ago.

If I remember rightly I worked it from hospitalisation as 14 days for 5% of cases needing critical care (which is a best-case guess - I'm not claiming huge accuracy).