Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I’m concerned about a full lockdown, I live on my own and whilst I like it I worry how it’s gonna be not seeing anyone. Hopefully it’s not for long.

How are people doing today?

I was feeling alright but now starting to worry about my job. The company I work for are huge... global.. but with that it means they have thousands of employees. Here's hoping the lockdown doesn't last too long as the longer it goes on the less confident I will feel about having a job at the end of it. 
I am aware that pretty much everyone else will be feeling exactly the same!

Given the statement said there would be severe financial implications for the festival themselves, do we think there will be any noticeable impact on the festival next year as a result of this? Really hope there wouldn't be not just for us but the festival/area organisers themselves.

Just now, zahidf said:

Almost definitely a full lockdown from next week in london. I'm hoping for 2 weeks but assuming a month

where have you heard this from? Just interested as keep seeing rumours on social media but haven't seen this from a reliable source as yet

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Almost definitely a full lockdown from next week in london. I'm hoping for 2 weeks but assuming a month

How do we all think this is going to work in the long run? Lock down London for 2-4 weeks, then when they come out of lockdown the cities that are then where London are now go into lockdown?

The above sounds like something we would only type if writing a zombie movie. Mad.

20 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m concerned about a full lockdown, I live on my own and whilst I like it I worry how it’s gonna be not seeing anyone. Hopefully it’s not for long.

Video calls and WhatsApp groups could hopefully help a tad - I've set up those for my group of friends and they seem pretty active.  

17 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I was feeling alright but now starting to worry about my job. The company I work for are huge... global.. but with that it means they have thousands of employees. Here's hoping the lockdown doesn't last too long as the longer it goes on the less confident I will feel about having a job at the end of it. 

Hopefully everyone being in the same boat will help. The rich will continue to stay rich and the rest will be poorer, but at the end of the day they need us to have money to consume so hopefully sense will prevail 

27 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m feeling really really low to be honest. 

13 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

How do we all think this is going to work in the long run? Lock down London for 2-4 weeks, then when they come out of lockdown the cities that are then where London are now go into lockdown?

The above sounds like something we would only type if writing a zombie movie. Mad.

London plus other areas that are showing more concerning infection increase rates which will be dealt with on a case by case and area by area basis. Clapham will have a different risk factor to Berwick.

23 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I think everyone’s in the same boat mate, I hope you’ll be ok!

Whatsapp chats will have to do, virtual drinking maybe. Fortunately I’m more used to being on my own and like it so hopefully it’ll be fine!

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sorry to hear that. Can I help?

The one things that’s helped me is the thought that the tickets have carried over. It’s small but something. 

I am very thankful for that and it’s a small light at the end of the tunnel. I think it’s all just becoming quite difficult to comprehend; lockdowns, telling your parents to stay indoors, anxiety, wondering if you’ll keep your job, wondering how we will all cope or how everything will look in a month or six months. 

I love Glastonbury and I think that going is kind of the deck of cards tumbling, a realisation that life is going to be quite bleak for a while. 

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

This will be an interesting chapter in the Glastonbury 100 Book in 2070

Forgot about the book - I bought it in October for the ticket comp but haven't read it yet. Making a start on it this weekend, should keep me occupied for a couple of days!

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think everyone’s in the same boat mate, I hope you’ll be ok!

Whatsapp chats will have to do, virtual drinking maybe. Fortunately I’m more used to being on my own and like it so hopefully it’ll be fine!

The Whatsapp chats are brilliant, set one up for friend group and got the family one, both very active, it's definitely helping. 

1 minute ago, ModernMan said:

I am very thankful for that and it’s a small light at the end of the tunnel. I think it’s all just becoming quite difficult to comprehend; lockdowns, telling your parents to stay indoors, anxiety, wondering if you’ll keep your job, wondering how we will all cope or how everything will look in a month or six months. 

I love Glastonbury and I think that going is kind of the deck of cards tumbling, a realisation that life is going to be quite bleak for a while. 

its all so overwhelming ... and I know its tough ... but try to start working on the things you can influence at the moment .... and the other things that you  cant influence right now later .... so for me I was worrying about my parents equally as last weekend they were refusing to isolate ... ive just spoken to them and they have started to put things in place to help them .... these things tend to work themselves out as overwhelming as they seem at times ... hope everything goes ok all the best 

• Like 1

I'm so sorry guys... this is really upsetting but it will be back stronger and mightier! The real sadness I feel is for Michael and Emily, especially after reading the 50th Anniversary book this year. Every year they talk about their struggles and how touch and go it has always been in terms of weather, finance and local politics with the Glastonbury residents and how the festival always overcame it to be a massive success.

It must be a real punch in the gut for them but hopefully they know all the love they have coming back to them. 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its all so overwhelming ... and I know its tough ... but try to start working on the things you can influence at the moment .... and the other things that you  cant influence right now later .... so for me I was worrying about my parents equally as last weekend they were refusing to isolate ... ive just spoken to them and they have started to put things in place to help them .... these things tend to work themselves out as overwhelming as they seem at times ... hope everything goes ok all the best 

Things will work out, it’s temporary and eventually we will be back to normal. Good to see you posting, hadn’t seen anything for a day or so, maybe I just missed it. Our local supermarket workers are frazzled and being treated very poorly by certain ungrateful members of the public. Problems here seem to be the lack of delivery drivers .  

Can we go back to just before Christmas when no one had heard of Coronavirus and we had a summer to look forward to :(

Sam Fender has just postponed his shows (would have been my 4th time trying to see him live, admittedly not his fault). Bon Iver has posted a statement saying they're doing everything they can but that will ultimately be postponed/cancelled next month.

Constant panic buying and no food left in the shops.

More and more people in work self-isolating.

Feeling really down today. As others have said though allowing tickets to transfer over has been a massive relief.

9 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Constant panic buying and no food left in the shops.

ill try and ease some worries on this front although it  might not become immediately obvious...  from my point of view as a supermarket worker .... over the last decade or so shops have begun to hold less backup stock so supply would go straight to shelf  now ... over the last couple of days supermarkets have started to impose restrictions and item limits ... for asda a 3 item restriction and you can see back door deliveries increasing .... for my particular store that means an extra 50 pallets of stock .... and ive no doubt more extra fresh food too ... so this will start to be seen soon .... please try not to worry about food 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Things will work out, it’s temporary and eventually we will be back to normal. Good to see you posting, hadn’t seen anything for a day or so, maybe I just missed it. Our local supermarket workers are frazzled and being treated very poorly by certain ungrateful members of the public. Problems here seem to be the lack of delivery drivers .  

ive been a bit quieter but obviously things to sort ... the treatment of my friends and colleagues today has been horrific ... fortunately ive been back of house in the warehouse because of the pre existing medical conditions thing and trying to minimise contact as much as possible  ... we imposed a 3 item limit overnight and people weren't aware so were suffering the brunt of this ... hopefully behaviour will improve ...