Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

I think there will be a significant number of tickets available for new purchasers next year. And of course those of us that already have them will rally round to help the have-nots of this community. It really will be the best time to be part of eFests.

There will be a percentage that can't go, are scared of crowds etc. 

Good luck to those trying in 2021. I'm hoping to go but I might have to throw mine in the pot. 2020 was supposed to be my 17th and I was going to let others have a turn. 

I suffered the disappointment heartache last night so I was a bit numb to it all today but hearing the news of the rollover really does take the sting out of it, for me. And selfishly, it being cancelled is better for me than them managing to put it on but being unable to fly to the UK to attend. 

If you think about it, getting through for a ticket next year could be much, much easier. Assuming 120,000 people roll their tickets over, then in theory that's 120,000 fewer people trying to log on to Seetickets.

Should be an absolute doddle for all the ticket veterans out there

Edited by Stevie P-alike
Typo

Even though we knew it was coming, it was still devastating to read the statement.

The good news is, that ticket holders ARE still going to Glastonbury! So in a way, it's a postponement, just a year long one. A small light for us all at the end of the corona-tunnel.

The right decision.  I'll now have to order a 2021 calendar and year planner to write it in.  At least something to look forward to.

To help keep our sanity Mrs GH and I plan on making up picnics and heading off on occasional day trips to deserted bits of countryside, getting out the table and chairs, having a bite to eat and then returning home.

• Upvote 1

Have resigned myself to the fact that it would be cancelled with all the bad news thats been happening but pleased that tickets rollover.

I feel for GF, Michael and Emily but I truly believe that they had absolutely no choice

For all those on here who were unlucky then I believe the Resale Team will have more chances as they will have the April resale tickets as well as those that will be cancelled. For those who have offered help won't be after tickets themselves and so can help out. We will get there eventually.         

28 minutes ago, st dan said:

They should scrap the April 2021 resale and just make all remaining tickets available (after 2020 refunds) in October this year - with full balance due for at the time of booking. Those with tickets for this year should also have to pay the full balance by ticket day this year too. 

Well that’s never going to happen for tax reasons, besides it being grotesquely unfair financially for many people.

Very gutted as well, after creating the original thread 'Corona Virus - Should we be worried?' back in the beginning of Feb, it seemed the majority said it was impossible for it to be cancelled, but as weeks have gone on and things have got worse the unfortunate has come, let's just hope that not to many of us are affected by the virus itself and the effects on the economy as a result, see you all on the other side next year. 

2 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

FFS : No Footie, No F1, No Pubs, No Gigs & now no Glasto - I'll have to talk to the wife and decorate the house now (Assuming there's no panic buying of White Emulsion) ....

Interesting that you mention that. I work in home furnishings and we’re expecting a bumper year with all the people spending their holiday money on doing up their houses. 

I’m so grateful they have rolled tickets over to next year, it really is the best any of us ticket holders could have hoped for in the current situation. 

And for those of you who don’t have tickets, you’ve got an army of efesters to help you in the ticket sale in October. 🤘🏼

49 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Then Charlie Brown as the first track in total darkness with the wristbands...incredible. 

This is the track that I remember the best, it was incredible. My fiance loved it so much she wants it to be on of the songs over our wedding highlights video - if the wedding happens and Coronavirus doesn't fuck it!

Felt really down after it breaking last night, having it official (and of course selfishly the news rollovers are an option) has definitely softened the blow a bit, maybe I will manage to get some work done today!

I also think it might be time to go gold when I get paid at the end of the month, been a member here for just over a year and experienced the build up to my first glasto last year here. This is a wonderful and (mostly) positive community, big love and stay safe/healthy all x

14 minutes ago, Stevie P-alike said:

If you think about it, getting through for a ticket next year could be much, much easier. Assuming 120,000 people roll their tickets over, then in theory that's 120,000 fewer people trying to log on to Seetickets.

Should be an absolute doddle for all the ticket veterans out there

Are they doubling capacity?

23 minutes ago, Waynolol said:

Let’s pray for torrential rain on what would have been the 2020 dates 

Let’s not. This year will be difficult enough financially for the Eavises and everyone else who relies on the fest financially, they don’t need their day-to-day livelihoods being ruined on top.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy