Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

Just now, DTichborne said:

My first Bluedot experience last year and despite the mud I loved it. If it isn't cancelled, I might go now, but I'm not optimistic. 

Yeah I went for the first year in 2016. It was great and I love the line-up this year. I just don't think we'll be out of this by July though.

Absolutely gutted that it's been cancelled, but in a strange way also relieved. We now don't have the stress of it being cancelled closer to the time. 

I'm absolutely elated that ticket holders have a guaranteed ticket for 2021. It's actually really helped how I feel about the cancellation.

This could be beneficial to our resale club also because I think a lot of people will be dropping their guaranteed tickets.

Stay strong everyone, we aren't missing the 50th anniversary. the goal posts have just moved!

Had my post night shift kip disturbed. Obviously selfishly happy and feel it’s justified our tickets roll over; as they said in their statement they’re difficult to obtain. 

For all that missed out this year, keep the faith. If anything, this virus may put some of the fair-weather attendees off next year and make it slightly easier. Will certainly put my hat in the ring to help you all get to the farm in 2021.

Now, do you reckon they’ll be showing the football on the big screens?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Think Blue Dot will go? Saw their statement this week and they were my second choice, but I just can't see it. Gonna be a long summer.

yep, I think everything will go, to the end of July and beyond. I personally can't see any festivals happening this year - even in Sept and Oct. Just my opinion, of course.

I'm remarkably sanguine at the moment. I think I went throw the upset stage yesterday. But one challenge with the entire Covid-19 situation is the lack of certainty on so many things. At least we have certainty on this now, and I find that a relief.

Great work by the Eavii and organisers too. I think they've handled it very well.

I was expecting this, but it's gutting. Think they've 100% made the right and honourable decision. Rolling over tickets is also the best decision commercially. We have to support them if we want the magnificent Glastonbury to continue.

I've had to suspend all my yoga classes this week and 99% of people who've paid upfront have just asked for credits towards classes when they resume, as they don't want me to suffer financially. I hasten to add, it's relatively small amounts of money for the individuals, just would be a big hit for me when added together.

After the disappointment of yesterday this is some welcome good news.  Its gonna be a long wait, but at least I know I will get to walk through those gates next year.

For those without tickets, I really hope and feel a lot of tickets will be returned which will dramatically improve your chances.  With the help of everyone on here you should hopefully get lucky.  Fingers crossed we will all be there next year. 

• Upvote 2