Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Not an extra but a different 3 months. They get a rare May-July on the main fields.  

Would they if the site is being built around them though?

I’m no expert on dairy farming but I would imagine they plan for the cows being back in September or so. Not having them back until Christmas when it’s much colder may have an impact.

17 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Didn't Emily say they already have next year's headliners sorted? Rock, paper, scissors to see who does it?

Emily said theyve been pencilled, nothing finalized. As much as they have to be that far ahead with talent, it has to take a back seat this time. Headliners stay. And considering the shite Matty Healy said today, the 1975 deservedly get to wait an extra year.

Just now, Suprefan said:

Emily said theyve been pencilled, nothing finalized. As much as they have to be that far ahead with talent, it has to take a back seat this time. Headliners stay. And considering the shite Matty Healy said today, the 1975 deservedly get to wait an extra year.

What shite has he said? 

13 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

A lot of bitter people on here tonight who didn't get 2020 tickets and now panicking that 2021 just got a lot harder. 

A lot of people who got tickets for 2020 now panicking that they might actually have to try and buy a ticket in October like a normal punter.

Oh dear, looks like everyone's got a selfish perspective on the situation then, eh.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bombfrog said:

How dare you ever enjoy a meal while there's a war in Syria? How dare you give a bad review to an album when there's somebody somewhere listening to Coldplay?

Context and perspective are your friends.

That's ME!!!

I'm listening to Coldplay :)

Chris Martin actually even stemmed the flow of my tears this morning and put a smile back on my face.

I sang really loud to Head Full of Dreams on my journey to work, and by the time I got here I had a massive smile on my face!! That's no mean feat considering I work in Emergency Services and times are hard out here!

What an amazing thing though, to light that little spark in a human and know it spread to a sunbeam shining from their face, all from the music you make.

Thank you Chris Martin, thank you Coldplay :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JezzaBelle said:

That's ME!!!

Chris Martin actually even stemmed the flow of my tears this morning and put a smile back on my face.

I sang really loud to Head Full of Dreams on my journey to work, and by the time I got here I had a massive smile on my face!! That's no mean feat considering I work in Emergency Services and times are hard out here!

What an amazing thing though, to light that little spark in a human and know it spread to a sunbeam shining from their face, all from the music you make.

Love this - unfortunately out of upvotes!

Keep smiling, keep enjoying Coldplay and keep being positive in these difficult times. 😃

Lots of respect for you and your colleagues for what you are doing x

9 minutes ago, JezzaBelle said:

That's ME!!!

That's a bold post to make on these forums!

But kudos to you. I like Coldplay too.

48 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they can only realistically announce a postponement if everything is on board for that new date.

Many of the suppliers will already have other stuff booked in, so just that part looks to be difficult.

the UK modelling is this (page 10 for the graphs):
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

That shows a lock down to September and a new higher peak in November.

From that model it looks like restrictions can be eased a little - but just a little - in the summer but will have to go tight again at the end of the summer.

As the data improves the model will change but I don't think there's much reason at the mo to think it'll change hugely. :( 

Did a quick scan and think I got it. The second spike is after a 5 month social distancing stint, which would expected. Kids etc would return to school in Sept and probably start a new cycle, but a fair number of people will be immune at that point. 

29 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Bloody Hell, Eurovision is off too.

I see no reason why this couldn't be done with each act dialling in the performance - no audiences just tv studios across Europe hosting each performance. Rotterdam this is London calling - here is our entry. 

It would be a welcome distraction from the (justified) doom and gloom. 

Worried (as much as you can be in current context) that Taylor is one who can't reschedule to next year. She tends to have stuff planned quite far in advance - could see her having an something already pencilled in for 2021. 

22 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Those are sheep in fancy dress.

The cows do pop out now and then for photo shoots! They REALLY DO live in barns. Have a look on Mendip District Council's planning portal and see how may barns they've applied for. The latest one is MASSIVE. The reason they keep them in is that too many festies have contracted EColi. 

4 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

I see no reason why this couldn't be done with each act dialling in the performance - no audiences just tv studios across Europe hosting each performance. Rotterdam this is London calling - here is our entry. 

It would be a welcome distraction from the (justified) doom and gloom. 

Yeah, but prepping and running 20+ studios and all the attendant staff needed will put all those people at risk.

27 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Apologies to go off topic, but how's Canada holding up with all this? Got a Work Permit this year and was hoping to move to Toronto this summer, that looks like it isn't happening  :(

We're still in the early stages, but social distancing is in full affect. Theres immediate employment insurance available to anyone who is self quarentined or has been in contact with someone or has lost their job.

People are still freaking out, buying up all the food and toilet paper. 

Schools are closed, universities closed, theatres are closed, malls closed, government run facilities closed. Theres essentially no where for anyone to gather. 

March 22 our borders close for 30 days to all non citizens, except for some bizarre reason US citizens are exempt. 

I think we have a decent chance to slow this thing down as our government is acting while we are still at the start, but unfortunately there are idiots everywhere and many people ignoring the measures.