Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

3 minutes ago, august1 said:

as long as you're alright then?

One of reasons why they have the deposit system is to make the festival more accessible to people.

Its a drop in the ocean but its better the 7 million quid in deposits is being spent currently than held by a festival with an additional 10 million in the bank

I think the point is that it should be that persons choice. In my case I'd be happy for my £50 or full balance sit in their account if it reserved me a place next year.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think the point is that it should be that persons choice. In my case I'd be happy for my £50 or full balance sit in their account if it reserved me a place next year.

if a person is looking at financial uncertainty its not a choice is it? and again brings 'the point' back to the festival being accessible to all.  

4 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

As the OP this thread certainly didn't start off great. 😢

Ah sorry I meant everyone is nice to eachother but then the same members always create a post knowing full well it's just to piss everyone off and get a reaction 🙂

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We're all pretty shocked by the unprecedented (in our lifetimes) events  happening across the world. Some of us are focusing on a music festival, in the way that you can burst into tears when spilling milk when you're grieving. It's an incredibly stressful and unusual time for us all, please, let's all try more empathy and more kindness.

People are upset about Glastonbury, but more than that, I think a lot of us are generally upset and bewildered and are using the cancellation of the festival to try to focus and make sense of our feelings.

I'm trying to cut everyone, everywhere a bit more slack at the moment.

Edit: apart from Donald Trump of course, he's a prick.

Yes couldn’t agree more. I’m fucking terrified about what’s ahead based on my own personal situation. But I can’t spend 24 hours a day thinking about it. Coming onto a music festival website to discuss things that are ultimately unimportant is quite frankly, a welcome distraction. It’s also what it’s for, I’m sure there are plenty of websites more appropriate to wallow in the gloom of upcoming apocalypse, by this shouldn’t be one of them.

52 minutes ago, stuwilky said:

Mate, people wont survivem, and youre interested in yourself.  I suspect youve got 400 bogrolls at home and a cupboard full of shit you dont need.

Untrue apart from bogrolls.  Ive been known to let my heart rule my head when it comes to Glasto for which I apologise to everybody with my perhaps stupid and lack of grammar comments.  People are dying and yes it's only a festival.

So please once again accept my apologies.

Be safe everybody and let's hope 2021 will be one to remember 

10 minutes ago, august1 said:

as long as you're alright then?

One of reasons why they have the deposit system is to make the festival more accessible to people.

Its a drop in the ocean but its better the 7 million quid in deposits is being spent currently than held by a festival with an additional 10 million in the bank

Huh, he said to let each person decide! Jesus. 

22 minutes ago, Smeble said:

people are dying in their thousands, people are struggling financially, businesses will go bust, homeless shelters are closing, people are trapped abroad.

All of those elements were or have happened before the onset of the coronavirus. Why didn't you mention your disapproval before now? I notice that you have had over 4 years to do so since you registered. 

On top of the above, why not moan about a festival's cancellation on a festival site? To my minds eye, it's a nice distraction away from the  reality. This thing is a Biblical shit storm like nobody on this site has ever experienced. It might be that some people on this site will die as a result of infection from this virus. Honestly, would you rather think and talk about that?

Just now, Earth_pig said:

If they could feasibly move it, that would be good news - really clutching at straws and the swirly circle lineup poster would probably look quite different.

I would go to be and wait for some actual news, but i am on nights.

I can’t see any reasons why they couldn’t release a similar statement to bearded theory. Clutching definitely but it would feel incredible after tonight 😂 

7 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Huh, he said to let each person decide! Jesus. 

I think the point was that those who are going to be under massive financial strain over the next few months won't have any choice in practice. Refunding everyone* wouldn't give the rich a leg up.

But yeah, we are all getting a little tetchy, it's true.

* Edit : and potentially giving all current ticket holders a crack at the next festival.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

3 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Wow would be an incredible turn of events. 

Not sure who said it earlier but it really would be like Istanbul 05!

10 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Not sure I believe them though doubt seetickets staff would know before a statement.

Even though you are probably right I’m going to hold on tight to this small glimmer of hope till the morning. 

This sucks. Majorally sucks. No matter your viewpoint on anything, remember, we’re all human beings. Everyone’s looking for a distraction, music and festivals provide that. Please be kind. 

If anyone needs someone to talk and you’re finding it tough. If a stranger is easier to talk to, send me a PM. 

• Upvote 5

Just now, ModernMan said:

I can’t see any reasons why they couldn’t release a similar statement to bearded theory. Clutching definitely but it would feel incredible after tonight 😂 

lets see if there is any news after the meeting tomorrow people have mentioned, we will either be surprised or have already digested the news of the cancellation of everyone's favorite festival.

8 minutes ago, Cheddar Valley said:

Untrue apart from bogrolls.  Ive been known to let my heart rule my head when it comes to Glasto for which I apologise to everybody with my perhaps stupid and lack of grammar comments.  People are dying and yes it's only a festival.

So please once again accept my apologies.

Be safe everybody and let's hope 2021 will be one to remember 

Don't apologise for expressing your feelings! 

I feel gutted too. 

'Just a festival' doesn't cut it with me. For many reasons, it has become a huge thing for me.

For others, it is bigger still, and their MH is affected by the event.

In solidarity with you, and not ashamed that I had a little cry!

Let's be kind, people. You never know what people are coping with from day to day, on top of this bastard virus x

Just now, Matt42 said:

how is your boyfriend doing Tartan?

He’s still feeling pretty rubbish. His temp is up and down though hasn’t gone back to the fever he originally had. The cough is still there and it just sounds horrible, once he starts it takes him a bit to control it. Defo better than he was on Friday/Saturday though. Thanks for asking :)