Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Ok, somebody poke this with a stick, point out issues and the like and say if this is reasonable for what can happen tomorrow or very soon with first refusal for 2021.

1. The Festival is cancelled. ( so insurance will kick in ) 

2. With that announcement it is said that all 3 headliners will return and as many of this years acts will also return if possible.

3. It is announced that all 2020 ticket holders will have their deposits refunded to them within the next 10 business day or 2 weeks basically. ( possible the £10 fee is waived or  its not, thats a t & c issue ) 

3A. Also applies to Campervan and Worthy View since those purchases were made on Seetickets.

4. After which time all deposits are processed, there will be a date in the near future in which all former ticket holders will be able to make a new deposit for 2021. 

4A. Same as 3A except you paid in full anyway. 

5. There will be a new balance window tbd in 2021 with a resale that follows that. 

6. GLASTONBURY HAPPENS

7. Everyone is happy

🤞

I’m a Chartered Insurance Broker. I can’t see how the Chancellor can “make this insured” like he has a magic wand. It doesn’t work like that. I think this is a red herring/popularity soundbite/bullshit.

This thread is pretty sickening, I know Glastonbury means lot to people on here, but people are dying in their thousands, people are struggling financially, businesses will go bust, homeless shelters are closing, people are trapped abroad, and people on here are squabbling over whether they are entitled to a ticket to a festival next year because they had one for this year and others are complaining that they won’t be able to go to it for 2 years blah blah blah.

get a grip, it’s a festival, who cares? People are dying FFS.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

Just now, Smeble said:

This thread is pretty sickening, I know Glastonbury means lot to people on here, but people are dying in their thousands, people are struggling financially, businesses will go bust, homeless shelters are closing, people are trapped abroad, and people on here are squabbling over whether they are entitled to a ticket to a festival next year because they had one for this year and others are complaining that they won’t be able to go to it for 2 years blah blah blah.

And yet you are complaining about the people complaining.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Smeble said:

-Checks URL-

eFESTIVALS.co.uk

Yep, sounds about right. 

12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Ok, somebody poke this with a stick, point out issues and the like and say if this is reasonable for what can happen tomorrow or very soon with first refusal for 2021.

1. The Festival is cancelled. ( so insurance will kick in ) 

2. With that announcement it is said that all 3 headliners will return and as many of this years acts will also return if possible.

3. It is announced that all 2020 ticket holders will have their deposits refunded to them within the next 10 business day or 2 weeks basically. ( possible the £10 fee is waived or  its not, thats a t & c issue ) 

3A. Also applies to Campervan and Worthy View since those purchases were made on Seetickets.

4. After which time all deposits are processed, there will be a date in the near future in which all former ticket holders will be able to make a new deposit for 2021. 

4A. Same as 3A except you paid in full anyway. 

5. There will be a new balance window tbd in 2021 with a resale that follows that. 

6. GLASTONBURY HAPPENS

7. Everyone is happy

Seems as reasonable as any other guess...this situation is pretty unprecedented after all. 
It would be nice if Emily gave us a slither of good news along with the bad news...

Edited by dogeggs

1 minute ago, Smeble said:

Everyone knows the sad reality of whats going on, but people are allowed to be upset about something they have been looking forward to for a long time, this is efestivals, whats wrong with you,

4 minutes ago, Smeble said:

You know where you are right? 

2 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Glastonbury means a lot to some people, and it would probably help them in the face of everything above, if they had a little glimmer of light for next year by having a guaranteed ticket. Leave them be.

Why are we not allowed to be sad about the festival being cancelled? I am sick of being told to hide my emotions in the same world that then bangs on about talking about your emotions! Glastonbury to some people is more than ‘just a festival’ I work my arse off all year to disappear for a week to the happiest place on Earth, I’m single, live alone and have no kids unlike all my pals, I will not be made to feel shit for missing out on something that is a big part of my life and something I look forward to every summer! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I don't really see why they'd refund the deposits, only to have people pay them again at a later date.

just keep the deposits, and if people want to cancel, then they can.

have the balance then in 2021 like normal.

I think with loads of people struggling financially over the coming months it would be wise to release the deposits imo.

11 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Not being funny mate but you’re on a festivals forum, stop complaining

1 minute ago, Claire0406 said:

Why are we not allowed to be sad about the festival being cancelled? I am sick of being told to hide my emotions in the same world that then bangs on about talking about your emotions! Glastonbury to some people is more than ‘just a festival’ I work my arse off all year to disappear for a week to the happiest place on Earth, I’m single, live alone and have no kids unlike all my pals, I will not be made to feel shit for missing out on something that is a big part of my life and something I look forward to every summer! 

Don't listen to posters like them above, if you want to be upset then feel free, I sure as hell do. I'm in the same boast as you, single, live on my own. I don't go on holidays, Glastonbury is it for me and my year. I even went down last year in my own and worked as I didn't have a ticket. The only slight glimmer of light is the ticket being rolled over to 2021.

I'm also a Liverpool fan, I was looking forward to experiencing finally a Premier League title win after 30 years, now both that and the festival have been taken away. Whilst I'm very lucky in many ways in my life this has really hit me.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, august1 said:

I think with loads of people struggling financially over the coming months it would be wise to release the deposits imo.

Then let that decision be down to the person. If they think £50 is going to make a difference over the next few months then let them give up their ticket. The rest of us can hold to ours. I’m happy paying the full balance if necessary. 

Still more speculation without any actual statement. The festival hasn’t even been officially cancelled yet. 

22 minutes ago, Smeble said:

We're all pretty shocked by the unprecedented (in our lifetimes) events  happening across the world. Some of us are focusing on a music festival, in the way that you can burst into tears when spilling milk when you're grieving. It's an incredibly stressful and unusual time for us all, please, let's all try more empathy and more kindness.

People are upset about Glastonbury, but more than that, I think a lot of us are generally upset and bewildered and are using the cancellation of the festival to try to focus and make sense of our feelings.

I'm trying to cut everyone, everywhere a bit more slack at the moment.

Edit: apart from Donald Trump of course, he's a prick.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Upvote 12

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Then let that decision be down to the person. If they think £50 is going to make a difference over the next few months then let them give up their ticket. The rest of us can hold to ours. I’m happy paying the full balance if necessary. 

Still more speculation without any actual statement. The festival hasn’t even been officially cancelled yet. 

as long as you're alright then?

One of reasons why they have the deposit system is to make the festival more accessible to people.

Its a drop in the ocean but its better the 7 million quid in deposits is being spent currently than held by a festival with an additional 10 million in the bank

3 minutes ago, gazzared said:

These threads always start off great then end up turning into a argument and it's normally the same 3/4 members who just seem intent on winding people up with stupid antagonising comments 😡

https://images.app.goo.gl/7DUTMtwFYahXXio28

As the OP this thread certainly didn't start off great. 😢