Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

3 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Annus horribilis continues.

Drought -Bushfires-Covid 19

Where the bloody hell are you?

Is that the opening lyrics to cliff Richards final assault at number 1? A brave new direction for him but it may just pay off. 

(I may have drunk a bit)

52 minutes ago, Cheddar Valley said:

The only way fair is to let/give 2020 TICKET HOLDERS either the option of securing a ticket for next year with the £50 we have already paid or giving us back our £50 but letting us have first dibs on tickets for next year. I hear this crap about upsetting people trying in October but that's not my problem.  I have a ticket and as such I was successful in buying tickets so why should I possibly lose out.

Mate, people wont survivem, and youre interested in yourself.  I suspect youve got 400 bogrolls at home and a cupboard full of shit you dont need.

This has been posted in glasto Facebook :

I run the Glastonbury Reddit. We have paid festival staff on there. I’ve had numerous PMs from them to say they have been called into big meeting scheduled for tomorrow. There should be an announcement very soon after to confirm the cancellation. Main reasons given will be the lack of medical staff, police support and impending balance deadline.

This is all the info I have. I have no reason to doubt them.

30 minutes ago, MJP said:

If I remember right, they need to clear specific registration numbers for that sale. So that could work. It couldn't work for 5 minutes though - would have to be an hour.

Or a week if SeeTickets is involved. It would take that long to get in touch with them if (when) anything went wrong!

2 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

This has been posted in glasto Facebook :

I run the Glastonbury Reddit. We have paid festival staff on there. I’ve had numerous PMs from them to say they have been called into big meeting scheduled for tomorrow. There should be an announcement very soon after to confirm the cancellation. Main reasons given will be the lack of medical staff, police support and impending balance deadline.

This is all the info I have. I have no reason to doubt them.

Yeah, not having support from the emergency services is the final nail in the coffin.

4 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

One on Facebook and one on Instagram. Here is the Instagram one again....

Screenshot 2020-03-17 at 18.01.47 - Edited.png

If that’s definitely her and it’s actually come from knowledge rather than reacting to the current state of the world, then I find it absolutely crackers that family members have been leaking this over social media prior to an announcement being made.

6 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

If that’s definitely her and it’s actually come from knowledge rather than reacting to the current state of the world, then I find it absolutely crackers that family members have been leaking this over social media prior to an announcement being made.

Yeah you would have thought they would have kept it to themselves and allow the festival to make the difficult announcement.

I guess they wouldnt have known it would be everywhere already and

I guess we are no better either, but that is the world we live in.

Edited by Earth_pig

16 minutes ago, stuwilky said:

Mate, people wont survivem, and youre interested in yourself.  I suspect youve got 400 bogrolls at home and a cupboard full of shit you dont need.

We can't know how much the festival being cancelled will cause people to have MH upsets.

Personally I feel pretty desperate and won't deny I have cried about it this evening. Call me shallow if you will.

No, my life and my loved ones right now are safe. I understand I am lucky for that and I am thankful. It doesn't make Glastnobury 2020 any easier to swallow.

I understand anyone feeling angry, determined, distressed, anxious, hard done by. I wouldn't dream of belittling people who are brave enough to talk about feelings, whether I agree with them or not.

I respect that each person will fall either side of the perimeter fence in the roll over/cancel ticket opinion.

We can't all be the same, so please be kind.

Edited by JezzaBelle
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Earth_pig said:

Yeah you would have thought they would have kept it to themselves and allow the festival to make the difficult announcement.

I guess they wouldst have known it would be everywhere already.

I guess we are no better either, but that is the world we live in i guess.

It’s not really rocket science is it?

If you have the surname ‘Eavis’ and post on the internet about Glastonbury being cancelled when we’re approaching lockdown in the UK, it’s going to end up spreading around the Internet.

1 minute ago, Earth_pig said:

I guess they wouldst have known it would be everywhere already.

I guess we are no better either, but that is the world we live in i guess.

Maybe GFL wanted people to know, but weren't allowed to make the announcement officially before a few other things occur (staff officially informed for one!)

Perhaps this was a cunning way around it?

• Like 1

Ok, somebody poke this with a stick, point out issues and the like and say if this is reasonable for what can happen tomorrow or very soon with first refusal for 2021.

1. The Festival is cancelled. ( so insurance will kick in ) 

2. With that announcement it is said that all 3 headliners will return and as many of this years acts will also return if possible.

3. It is announced that all 2020 ticket holders will have their deposits refunded to them within the next 10 business day or 2 weeks basically. ( possible the £10 fee is waived or  its not, thats a t & c issue ) 

3A. Also applies to Campervan and Worthy View since those purchases were made on Seetickets.

4. After which time all deposits are processed, there will be a date in the near future in which all former ticket holders will be able to make a new deposit for 2021. 

4A. Same as 3A except you paid in full anyway. 

5. There will be a new balance window tbd in 2021 with a resale that follows that. 

6. GLASTONBURY HAPPENS

7. Everyone is happy