Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

27 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

A few sensible compromises have been suggested. We need to recognise the festival has a challenging decision to make and I’m confident they’ll strive to be as fair as possible.

Any merit to a time limited pre-sale where those with 2020 tickets can try to apply, say with a 10 minute limit, at 08:30 then general open to all at 09:00? It’s controllable with current systems, they already do this for certain guests, and a link is sent to current ticket holders 5 mins before to prevent others blocking the system by trying to get on (it only works with the pre selected ref numbers). Just a compromise 

"THEY ALREADY DO THIS FOR CERTAIN GUESTS" 🙃🙃🙃🙃⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️

what who when how why??? 

1 minute ago, beckyseaman1991 said:

what who when how why??? 

Family friends or special circumstances I believe. They also used to allocate a window for those who cycled to the festival, not sure if they still do but I am sure someone on here will. 

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Everyone saying what’s fair and what’s not. None of this is fair for a lot of people.

I think we really need to not lose sight that there are A LOT of people right now unsure if their job or business will make it through this. 

There is not a decision Glastonbury can make that will please everyone. However, let’s remember, no matter what fond memories you have, how many times you’ve been or what it means to you. As a punter, it’s only a festival. This is not your lifeline that’s being put up for debate. 

This is all relative though. These are unprecedented times and will likely ultimately leave this country in a very different shape but people can certainly feel upset over this without feeling guilty. Yes. It's just a festival and we should be grateful we're living and breathing but it does mean a hell of a lot to some people on here and sometimes for those with low mood and depression (myself included) it is a focus point of the year, if not the only thing dragging them through work every day. I can appreciate both sides of the argument.

Hell, there shouldn't even be an argument. People should be allowed to be upset.

• Upvote 1

how about allowing the successful ticket holders to have their ticket carried over till 2021 if they choose too, then the ones that do block them for the following year. 

Which ever way this is done, there are going be unhappy people unfortunately. 

Edited by shayne66

7 minutes ago, beckyseaman1991 said:

"THEY ALREADY DO THIS FOR CERTAIN GUESTS" 🙃🙃🙃🙃⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️

what who when how why??? 

If I remember right, they need to clear specific registration numbers for that sale. So that could work. It couldn't work for 5 minutes though - would have to be an hour.

Just now, shayne66 said:

how about allowing the successful ticket holders to have their ticket carried over till 2021 if they choose too, then the ones that do block them for the following year. 

You’d just have everyone submit second registration numbers. 

As somebody who was lucky enough to  have tickets for this year, my two cents is that I bought a ticket for Glastonbury 2020 .. and as it turned out, there was no 2020 Glastonbury. 
I think it’s fair that all tickets are back in the hat for 2021, and rely on the luck of the draw on ticket day. If I’m not lucky in October then so be it, but it’s fair to everybody that way.  

I was hoping to get a ticket in the resale.  Last festival I went to was 2016 and have failed at getting a ticket since then, which has been tough as Glasto really has helped me during tough times. Despite this I think the 2020 tickets should be honoured- I would be heartbroken not to get that opportunity as it is so difficult to secure a ticket.  I think there will be quite a few who will drop out due to change of circumstance which will help the resale gang as it were.  

Pretty sad glasto not going ahead- they deserved a big party for the 50th for all they have done for us as punters but all the charities as well.  Hopefully 2021 will be a banger.   

I have been watching the boards since this afternoon and it was getting increasingly likely for a cancellation/postponement . My only hope is it's officially called shortly so those who are coming from abroad and long distance can cancel/postpone their travel arrangements and not lose too much financially .

As much as I'd hate to be in Michael and all those associated with the festivals shoes people need to mitigate their financial losses too and try and regroup for the next festival . I'd hate anyone to lose financially considering flights , accommodation etc and also all the hoteliers, B and B' s and other accommodation suppliers around this time and area need confirmation too.

Sorry not to be there this summer and hopefully we are all going to pull through and that goes for everyone whether a festival goer or not 

49 minutes ago, Padgey said:

@StoneCircle have you had anymore info on when an official announcement will be made?

I'm assuming they have a few things to decide regarding tickets. 

No sorry I haven't. My personal thoughts are that there is a delay in the announcement due to a last minute complication arising.  

Edited by StoneCircle
complication not compilation - thanks @Copperface for "Now That's What I Call Covid 19?" made me smile!

Hopefully we'll all still be alive for the next one, potentially 1% of us wont.

That's the reality we face, entertainment is irrelevant. 

The logistics of anything apart from full refund and a fresh T-day in October makes any other option unfeasible.

• Upvote 1