Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

3 minutes ago, Cheddar Valley said:

The only way fair is to let/give 2020 TICKET HOLDERS either the option of securing a ticket for next year with the £50 we have already paid or giving us back our £50 but letting us have first dibs on tickets for next year. I hear this crap about upsetting people trying in October but that's not my problem.  I have a ticket and as such I was successful in buying tickets so why should I possibly lose out.

I’d they give you your £50 back then you haven’t lost out on anything. If you’ve booked anything else you can claim it on travel insurance 

2 minutes ago, Cheddar Valley said:

The only way fair is to let/give 2020 TICKET HOLDERS either the option of securing a ticket for next year with the £50 we have already paid or giving us back our £50 but letting us have first dibs on tickets for next year. I hear this crap about upsetting people trying in October but that's not my problem.  I have a ticket and as such I was successful in buying tickets so why should I possibly lose out.

Stop being a brat, the only fair thing is to give us our deposits back and then to try again for next year, the same as everyone else. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cheddar Valley said:

A good reason would be the lack of a question mark at the end of your last sentence. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

100% this. You’re a customer not their best mate, 

Yes a customer who has already purchased a very sought after product.  I cant see Glastonbury saying right its cancelled through no fault of anybody BUT we are going to scrap your ticket and hopefully you might get one in October but then again you might not. 

10 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

100% this. You’re a customer not their best mate, 

Plus, I’d go further and say that it would actually be incredibly unfair to give 2020 ticket holders a guaranteed place. There are plenty of reasons that someone might not have wanted, or been unable, to go in 2020, and they don’t deserve a 2021 ticket any more or less than anyone in this thread. 

Edited by Winslow Leach
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Cheddar Valley said:

Yes a customer who has already purchased a very sought after product.  I cant see Glastonbury saying right its cancelled through no fault of anybody BUT we are going to scrap your ticket and hopefully you might get one in October but then again you might not. 

Aw jeez, your grammar is doing my bean in. I'm up for starting one of those Change petitions to have you barred and your deposit withheld.

• Upvote 2

Some of the suggestions would require a fair amount of systems work, BUT:

• A system exists for checking if someone is a ticket holder of a particular year (accommodation sale)
  • A system exists for pre-sale (coach accommodation sale)
  • A system exists for refunding balances
Edited by MJP

1 minute ago, Cheddar Valley said:

Yes a customer who has already purchased a very sought after product. I cant see Glastonbury saying right its cancelled through no fault of anybody BUT we are going to scrap your ticket and hopefully you might get one in October but then again you might not.

Sometimes things we look forward to in life get cancelled. Glasto 2020 and 2021 are two separate events. It would be nice if this year's ticket holders could get tickets for next year, but I can't see how the festival is in any way obligated.

1 minute ago, wonker said:

Stop being a brat, the only fair thing is to give us our deposits back and then to try again for next year, the same as everyone else. 

Sorry I'm not a brat just I have a ticket possibly same as you.  The reality is if they cancel mine and all deposit tickets then it could be years before we get them again.  I've done the leg work to get my ticket why should I accept that this cant be used for 2021 just because this years is cancelled and it's not fair on those who havent got a ticket this time around 

8 minutes ago, Cheddar Valley said:

As someone who doesn't really give a shit as I won't be going either way, you bought a ticket for Glastonbury 2020, not Glastonbury 2021 would be the simple answer. The festival, as it is, owes you nothing, tough luck tbh. 

However, Glastonbury being the festival that it is could very well honour your ticket for next years festival which would be a very nice gesture and could be likely but if they don't, you've got no real grounds to complain.

1 minute ago, Cheddar Valley said:

Sorry I'm not a brat just I have a ticket possibly same as you.  The reality is if they cancel mine and all deposit tickets then it could be years before we get them again.  I've done the leg work to get my ticket why should I accept that this cant be used for 2021 just because this years is cancelled and it's not fair on those who havent got a ticket this time around 

Leg work?

You were lucky in the sale mate, you were no more or less deserving than anyone else.

• Upvote 6

Leg work? You bashed F5 for a bit, not climbed Everest. 

• Upvote 2

I'm losing my mind here! 

There is absolutely no way in a billion years that a festival well known for its difficulty to get tickets for , is going to tell 150,000 people “tough luck, try again”

They would get absolutely canes in the media, it’s against Glastonbury spirit and 9/10 ticketless people that are vying for it won’t get tickets for 2021 regardless of what happens. It makes zero sense for them to do it, they gain nothing from it, it’s cold and its pointless. 

As I said of there is any event or group that would honour this years ticket for next years, I really feel it would be Glastonbury. They certainly aren't obliged too but I hope they decided it's the nice thing to do. It would kill me for this years festival to be cancelled then to miss out on 2021s ticket.

3 minutes ago, Waynolol said:

There is absolutely no way in a billion years that a festival well known for its difficulty to get tickets for , is going to tell 150,000 people “tough luck, try again”

They would get absolutely canes in the media, it’s against Glastonbury spirit and 9/10 ticketless people that are vying for it won’t get tickets for 2021 regardless of what happens. It makes zero sense for them to do it, they gain nothing from it, it’s cold and its pointless. 

Yeah there’s never any bad press about the ticket sale 😂 they could piss off 9/10 people on the ticket register and still sell out 3 times over 

I hate that it's really bringing out the argumentative side of everyone. 

You can argue all day long about the merits of the ticket situation. A decision will be made. You'll either like it or dislike it. People are seriously suffering mentally at the moment. So maybe just chill all. It's gonna be a long summer. 

• Upvote 2

Everyone saying what’s fair and what’s not. None of this is fair for a lot of people.

I think we really need to not lose sight that there are A LOT of people right now unsure if their job or business will make it through this. 

There is not a decision Glastonbury can make that will please everyone. However, let’s remember, no matter what fond memories you have, how many times you’ve been or what it means to you. As a punter, it’s only a festival. This is not your lifeline that’s being put up for debate. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

26 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

A few sensible compromises have been suggested. We need to recognise the festival has a challenging decision to make and I’m confident they’ll strive to be as fair as possible.

Any merit to a time limited pre-sale where those with 2020 tickets can try to apply, say with a 10 minute limit, at 08:30 then general open to all at 09:00? It’s controllable with current systems, they already do this for certain guests, and a link is sent to current ticket holders 5 mins before to prevent others blocking the system by trying to get on (it only works with the pre selected ref numbers). Just a compromise 

Seems unnecessarily complicated to me. Offer refund or rollover. Resale in October.

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

I hate that it's really bringing out the argumentative side of everyone. 

You can argue all day long about the merits of the ticket situation. A decision will be made. You'll either like it or dislike it. People are seriously suffering mentally at the moment. So maybe just chill all. It's gonna be a long summer. 

Even me dogs look depressed at the moment.