Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

1 minute ago, Miyn said:

I think they should roll over tickets.

Everyone who had a ticket assumed they're going to 2020, so will have tickets for 2021.

Everyone who didn't have a ticket would have had to try in the 2020 resale to get tickets, so instead of trying in the 2020 resale they have a chance with the 2021 resale.

this

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I didn’t get a ticket, and it’s not so much that I think they shouldn’t get rolled over, but that that’s just what I see happening. I’d be gutted if I had a ticket, but also realise that it’s a ticket to an event no longer happening, and that I’d have to try again next year.

I've got a ticket and I'd obviously welcome the decision to roll it over, but realistically I don't think it's what will happen and I'm accepting of that as I don't think they really have to offer us that in these circumstances.

Also, with people saying "people bought tickets for 2020, not 2021". Most people who bought tickets wanted to go to Glastonbury, not just the 50th. If they only wanted to go to the 50th, they'll put their tickets back in the pot for others to get.

Just now, Miyn said:

Also, with people saying "people bought tickets for 2020, not 2021". Most people who bought tickets wanted to go to Glastonbury, not just the 50th. If they only wanted to go to the 50th, they'll put their tickets back in the pot for others to get.

You're overthinking it. It'll have to be a solution that is easiest for everyone.

Tickets should definitely be carried over, it's only like buying a ticket to a gig. Gigs are getting cancelled all over the show at the moment and they will all be honouring tickets. It's the decent thing to do, especially given what's going on at the moment

I, for one, would see it as salt in the wound if the ticket as well as the festival was swiped away

9 minutes ago, leonaves said:

Is there anyone here who didn't get tickets this year who thinks they should start from scratch this year? Interested as it seems those people should be biased the other way, but most posters here without tickets seem firmly in the "roll over" camp.

Not only do I think it's the right thing to do, I actually think us ticketless have a good chance in an October resale, just as I was pretty confident in the April one. Less obsessives trying, more tickets as circumstances change loads in nearly 2 years and an assumption (whether right or wrong) that the lineup will be similar to the poster which was not the most popular in the general public. 

14 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

gutted it's not happening. Gutted Rock Werchter, which I actually have tickets for, will likely follow suit. Going to and watching tele coverage of festivals is what I look forward to the most. Dunno what to do now. Maybe buy a house.

You'd be crazy to do that right now.

The best way would be to hold deposits until next April. I don’t know if I’ll be able to attend next year. I still probably won’t know in October this year but I will have a better idea if I can go on not by next April. If I can’t go then at least my ticket can go back in the pot at that point. 

• Like 1

Just now, OffshoreToon said:

I got a ticket this year and I'll get a ticket next year, but this isn't like a gig at all. If they say the festival has been postponed then yeah, maybe we'll get 2021 tickets, but they'll say it has been cancelled and we'll all try again in October. They don't have to keep anybody sweet.

Cocky...

I think legally no one has actually bought a ticket as yet. You have paid a "deposit" on a ticket for Glastonbury 2020 but not "bought" because the payment window has not opened and the transaction ahs not been completed. As Glastonbury 2020 does not exist anymore they will more than likely have to refund as they have not been able to fulfill the original contract and they would not want to open themselves up to legal challenges. Also how could they keep the deposit money for something purchased in good faith when the contract has been cancelled. What if they keep the deposit of someone who wants to go now and in 2021 but subsequently can't go what do they do with the potential interest they have earned. 

But I might be wrong.