Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

Just now, bombfrog said:

Agreed. Absolutely baffling

To be fair , most people I have spoken to that don’t have a horse in the race , fundamentally and 100% agree that it’s a baffling idea. 

I just think a few people online are really desperate to be able to go even if that means at others expenses , so want as much as chance as possible. 

Just now, oneeye said:

Maybe old news but wasn't 2021 meant to be a different set up?

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/2018-glastonbury-2021-variety-bazaar-122321

Apologies if events have overtaken and this is no longer the case 😎x

Think they pretty much sacked that idea, or at least delayed it. Could be wrong though

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Still baffled by this line of thought. There is no world in which it is fairer to give people who’ve never tried for tickets the same as those who bought in October and have been planning (& spending) on the basis they’d be attending. There’s a poster on here who’s due to be £2k out of pocket from a cancellation.

They're the same people who are saying the Premier League should be voided. I didn't get a ticket and I still think those who got one should at least get first dibs in a sale. I do think for ease all tickets will be cancelled though as with no fixed date they can't just hold money or ask for it...

We didn't get tickets this year but I feel for everyone who has tickets.   I am happy if those with tickets this year get rolled over to next year.  

I don't know if the tech is up to it but I had planned a virtual festival in my garden this year , anyone want to join me.

Just now, mufcok said:

Think they pretty much sacked that idea, or at least delayed it. Could be wrong though

I can't remember (nothing new), though in light of this year being shitcanned I suspect it'll be full steam ahead 2021

I'm gutted....

I'm gutted for all you lot that got the golden tickets and now can't go....

I'm gutted because I won't get to enjoy it on tv .....

I'm gutted because Bearded Theory is off ....

..... and mostly I'm gutted because now, come October I won't be able to try for ticket for 2021, meaning I've now got to wait 2 year to go back. Fuck you Covid 19, can we start blaming Trump yet.

Gutted but as has been said it's the right decision.. 

I did have a thread about what will happen concerning our tickets but apparently it wasn't a valid thread so got shut down...... 

So 

What do you think will happen to our tickets.. Roll over to the next year or be cancelled... 

I did hear something about it being moved to September....???? 

4 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

We didn't get tickets this year but I feel for everyone who has tickets.   I am happy if those with tickets this year get rolled over to next year.  

I don't know if the tech is up to it but I had planned a virtual festival in my garden this year , anyone want to join me.

Well you probably already know I might!

Agree re the tickets. I too was unsuccessful, but was fortunate enough to get a volunteer spot with Shelter. Hoping they’ll give me first dibs for 2021 volunteer spot.

• Like 1

gutted it's not happening. Gutted Rock Werchter, which I actually have tickets for, will likely follow suit. Going to and watching tele coverage of festivals is what I look forward to the most. Dunno what to do now. Maybe buy a house.

I'm gutted, didn't have a ticket but had all my hopes pinned on the resale.. Ticket holders should be able to roll over to next year, it's only fair... I'm happy for the cows though, they get to be there even if we don't, and next year will be even bigger and better than this year was planned to be 🙏🏻

Find it mad that they must be aware it’s leaked and haven’t just put us out of our misery. Obviously a lot to be considered and discussed, but the cats well and truly out the bag.

As a ticket holder, I feel like my ticket should be honoured for the 50th. But, I doubt it’ll carry over and I’ll see you all for the bun fight in October.

5 minutes ago, SteveTLizard said:

I'm gutted....

I'm gutted for all you lot that got the golden tickets and now can't go....

I'm gutted because I won't get to enjoy it on tv .....

I'm gutted because Bearded Theory is off ....

..... and mostly I'm gutted because now, come October I won't be able to try for ticket for 2021, meaning I've now got to wait 2 year to go back. Fuck you Covid 19, can we start blaming Trump yet.

It's definitely Trump's fault. 

1 minute ago, leonaves said:

Is there anyone here who didn't get tickets this year who thinks they should start from scratch this year? Interested as it seems those people should be biased the other way, but most posters here without tickets seem firmly in the "roll over" camp.

I didn’t get a ticket, and it’s not so much that I think they shouldn’t get rolled over, but that that’s just what I see happening. I’d be gutted if I had a ticket, but also realise that it’s a ticket to an event no longer happening, and that I’d have to try again next year.

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Blue Dot is an un-sold out festival that is depending on the return of people for the next festival. Glastonbury has no such problem, and everybody’s 2020 tickets are now invalid as they are for a nonexistent festival. I know it sucks for people to think that their October ticket success was for nothing, but thats unfortunately just how it’s fallen this year. I’d be shocked if tickets were carried over. 

This is how I feel but a lot of people disagree with me. I think it's unfair to not let people have a fair chance for Glastonbury 2021 tickets during the Glastonbury 2021 sale. Just like how Glastonbury are having to stomach losses in cancelling, those of us with tickets have to do the same.

I assume Glastonbury won't be affected too much financially, but I wouldn't even begrudge them holding onto my deposit if they were in the shit.

Edited by OffshoreToon

I think they should roll over tickets.

Everyone who had a ticket assumed they're going to 2020, so will have tickets for 2021.

Everyone who didn't have a ticket would have had to try in the 2020 resale to get tickets, so instead of trying in the 2020 resale they have a chance with the 2021 resale.