Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

In better news I bought 9 toilet rolls and a bag of penne this morning

Winning 👍

I was in tesco earlier, they didn't have any loo roll. So I reluctantly went to customer services to ask if they had any. They said no and gave me a disgusted look.

So I hopped back to the toilets with my trousers round my ankles and had to use my socks instead.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Blue Dot is an un-sold out festival that is depending on the return of people for the next festival. Glastonbury has no such problem, and everybody’s 2020 tickets are now invalid as they are for a nonexistent festival. I know it sucks for people to think that their October ticket success was for nothing, but thats unfortunately just how it’s fallen this year. I’d be shocked if tickets were carried over. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNHA8M_RlqYgqyahFCyEt

Just now, eFestivals said:

I was in tesco earlier, they didn't have any loo roll. So I reluctantly went to customer services to ask if they had any. They said no and gave me a disgusted look.

So I hopped back to the toilets with my trousers round my ankles and had to use my socks instead.

Now that's winning! I'd have actually gone past men's clothing and used some of theirs. As long as you didn't take em home, it's not shoplifting.

Just now, eFestivals said:

🤣🤣 Just for a moment there you had me....

(I know there is more going on in the world right now, however...)

Sending much love to the Eavis family and to all the people affected by this news financially and emotionally within the festival structure and to everyone who got a ticket in October x

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

They finally got Taylor to agree to play.. and then this happened. Maybe it just isn’t meant to be. 

So sorry to all of you with tickets, I’ll miss watching it on TV too but hope to see you in 2021. And of course sincere best wishes to Emily and co, should they for some reason be reading this. Must be incredibly tough. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

I work for a major uk retailer in the FTSE100 and as of this Friday.

All non-essential head office staff are being asked if they can work from home if possible. All ""at risk staff" are being told to work from home. Anyone turning up for work I'll is being reported to HR and sent home. All catering is no longer self serve and cashless payment only with security at all entrances ensuring hand sanitizer is used before entering communal areas. And we're preparing for a full DR scenario were all staff are offsite apart from core IT-staff needed to keep the servers & website running.

To give an idea on how long the management think it's going to impact us is that they have been cancelling out of as many supplier contracts as they can until xmas.

They have effectively cancelled the entire summer product range - so I cant see any festivals going ahead this summer at all.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I physically can’t type anything... I feel throttled. I don’t know what to say at all. I feel numb, I’m not distraught but I’m just stone faced.

It won’t sink in until the following months roll in and the weather gets warmer, yet we’ve got nothing to look forward to. I feel at this point we have an entire year under lock down and this will fundamentally affect people’s public mood. We have to fight how fucking depressing some things are about to get.

From now, I’m vowing myself to no longer engage in the negative. I’m going to try and find a positive in anything that happens, even if things factually get worse. It’s not ignoring reality, it’s trying to find ways to fix reality. Let’s work together, let’s love eachother, let’s reach out to those who need it. Young people... let’s step up and help those older than us.

Before this happened we were in an incredibly divided society. Let’s emerge out the other end unrecognisable and more compassionate towards eachother. Let’s all work together and make things better.

WE DO live in a society, because when shit gets as bad as this, we only have one thing left.... and that’s eachother.

Thats my say.

A huge part of the disappointment @Matt42 in these situations is the unfortunate, but inevitable and understandable resentment of those who are doing something you so desperately want to do. That it won't be like that with this scenario will make it easier. Nor will anyone be at another festival around that time, again making you feel left out.

I've taken a punt and, following tonight's news, have booked to go to Boomtown. Now, that may get pulled as well, but at least I now have something to look forward to, if it's meant to be. I realise, entirely, that I'm fortunate to be able to do that, but deposit/installment tickets are still available.

I love Glastonbury more than almost anything but, like many have commented on here, I'm surprisingly 'OK' about it...I work in the NHS and so am acutely aware of what is happening. I had resolved myself to Glastonbury not happening some time ago, making the disappointment just that bit easier to take...

This too shall pass.

Ben

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

A huge part of the disappointment @Matt42 in these situations is the unfortunate, but inevitable and understandable resentment of those who are doing something you so desperately want to do. That it won't be like that with this scenario will make it easier. Nor will anyone be at another festival around that time, again making you feel left out.

I've taken a punt and, following tonight's news, have booked to go to Boomtown. Now, that may get pulled as well, but at least I now have something to look forward to, if it's meant to be. I realise, entirely, that I'm fortunate to be able to do that, but deposit/installment tickets are still available.

I love Glastonbury more than almost anything but, like many have commented on here, I'm surprisingly 'OK' about it...I work in the NHS and so am acutely aware of what is happening. I had resolved myself to Glastonbury not happening some time ago, making the disappointment just that bit easier to take...

This too shall pass.

Ben

Yeah I've booked stewarding at Download. At least didn't want them not to have a quota of volunteers.

3 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

As much as I’m personally disappointed over a cancellation, if just one life is saved as a result I’m at peace with it.

Or people who are at risk or elderly could have chosen not to go? I work with ill people all day and am not allowed to choose not to go to work, along with my colleagues, we have to take the risk, but we would not go into work if we were at high risk category. The same could apply for a festival.

Edited by Chrisp1986

Oh no. Totally gutted! Fully supportive of whatever Glastonbury Festival decides to do regarding ticket holders for this year. I've been to glasto loads of times since 1995 so whilst I'm grieving my own festival loss I really feel most sorry for people who would have been attending their 1st glasto. 

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

Or people who are at risk or elderly could have chosen not to go? I work with ill people all day and am now allowed to choose not to go to work, along with my colleagues, we have to take the risk, but we would not go into work if we were at high risk category. The same could apply for a festival.

The festival not being able to go ahead goes far beyond a few people turning up with the virus and spreading it. There is zero way it could’ve happened and met the same standards and regulations required.

9 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

This too shall pass.

Ben

@bennyhana22 I just wanted to say thanks for your positive, fair, considered responses on here. You have a knack for providing clarity!

2 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Or people who are at risk or elderly could have chosen not to go? I work with ill people all day and am not allowed to choose not to go to work, along with my colleagues, we have to take the risk, but we would not go into work if we were at high risk category. The same could apply for a festival.

150,000 people, assuming no one is high risk all return to their various homes all over the world. They'll spread it everywhere and it's a certainty someone will die because of it. Absolutely had to be called off, would have been completely irresponsible to keep it on.

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Blue Dot is an un-sold out festival that is depending on the return of people for the next festival. Glastonbury has no such problem, and everybody’s 2020 tickets are now invalid as they are for a nonexistent festival. I know it sucks for people to think that their October ticket success was for nothing, but thats unfortunately just how it’s fallen this year. I’d be shocked if tickets were carried over. 

Still baffled by this line of thought. There is no world in which it is fairer to give people who’ve never tried for tickets the same as those who bought in October and have been planning (& spending) on the basis they’d be attending. There’s a poster on here who’s due to be £2k out of pocket from a cancellation.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Still baffled by this line of thought. There is no world in which it is fairer to give people who’ve never tried for tickets the same as those who bought in October and have been planning (& spending) on the basis they’d be attending. There’s a poster on here who’s due to be £2k out of pocket from a cancellation.

Agreed. Absolutely baffling