Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

So sorry for you guys. I didn’t get a ticket this year but I feel your pain. I’m a doctor on the frontline unfortunately and it’s rumoured that we’re going to lose all our annual leave. Because I didn’t get tickets to Glasto, I planned for the resale but also booked my “once in a lifetime” holiday in July in case I was unsuccessful in the resale. A few weeks ago, they took away my leave for the Glasto weekend and now it looks like all of my leave this summer is gone too. It really really sucks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, leonaves said:

Quick note to think carefully when coming to post things like "yes it's sad but it's just a festival" and "we will all have bigger things to worry about soon". Yes, for myself and for most people here, while it's gutting, there are people going to be going through a lot worse. But for some with anxiety and other issues, something like this can be a big blow to mental health, which is obviously closely linked to personal wellbeing, so let's not forget you never know the personal circumstances of the person behind the screen, and there is no need to belittle anyone's emotions. We're all on this forum because we love this festival so let's keep it positive.

Brilliant post. I’m out of upvotes for today though.

I’m holding onto hope there’s something, anything from this. I can’t handle this being cancelled then not getting a ticket in October. It would kill me. 

Just now, bloom92 said:

So sorry for you guys. I didn’t get a ticket this year but I feel your pain. I’m a doctor on the frontline unfortunately and it’s rumoured that we’re going to lose all our annual leave. Because I didn’t get tickets to Glasto, I planned for the resale but also booked my “once in a lifetime” holiday in July in case I was unsuccessful in the resale. A few weeks ago, they took away my leave for the Glasto weekend and now it looks like all of my leave this summer is gone too. It really really sucks. 

Thank you very much for what you do. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Don’t think I was doubting your integrity either earlier. I was just looking for any possibility that the news was false or faked. 

No worries, I would have thought exactly the same unless the post was made by our leader @eFestivals

1 minute ago, bloom92 said:

I hear rumours that us vets will be joining you on the wards soon...

1 minute ago, bloom92 said:

Thank you for all you do. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, leonaves said:

Quick note to think carefully when coming to post things like "yes it's sad but it's just a festival" and "we will all have bigger things to worry about soon". Yes, for myself and for most people here, while it's gutting, there are people going to be going through a lot worse. But for some with anxiety and other issues, something like this can be a big blow to mental health, which is obviously closely linked to personal wellbeing, so let's not forget you never know the personal circumstances of the person behind the screen, and there is no need to belittle anyone's emotions. We're all on this forum because we love this festival so let's keep it positive.

Spot on!

I'm having the worst year of my life, before all this Coronavirus which will obviously only make life worse.

Yes it is just a festival but I love it and it was something to keep me going.

Just now, Wellyboot said:

Just bought my gold

I've been meaning to do it for ages, but given these uncertain times if anyone can upgrade to gold now might be a good time to try and help Efestivals out x

thanks for your support. Because of support like yours I can ensure the forums definitely aren't going anywhere. :) 

37 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Michael must be a wreck, devastated even.  I really hope he's ok.

😟😪

Michael, Emily, Nick (and not forgetting all the traders whose livelihood depended on it going ahead) must be devastated. :(

2 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Just bought my gold

I've been meaning to do it for ages, but given these uncertain times if anyone can upgrade to gold now might be a good time to try and help Efestivals out x

I legit thought you were talking about actual gold, as a  financial safe haven against fiat.

Assuming this is true (not a great leap of faith sadly) I would just like to say that I hope those who hold tickets for 2020 will be allowed to hold that ticket for 2021 if they wish with the balance to be due in April 2021. I say that as someone who doesn't hold a 2020 ticket.

Let's just hope everyone comes through this with their loved ones, their health and their finances intact.

Love, peace and social distancing people.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Yeah...much more professional to let it slip to one of your kids and have them leak it on Insta eh?

That’s why I doubted the initial leak. It’s not the done thing. Nothing is secret on the internet and surely anyone connected to the family should know better.